Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. (1247 Views)

Why It's Dangerous To Mix The Denominations (avoid those who cause division) / The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 10:09am On Dec 05, 2019
Do you listen to them but yet continue to sin: fornicate, steal, lie, cheat, bribe, kill, hate etc?
It's time to flee from them, repent and accept JESUS CHRIST Of Nazareth as your LORD and SAVIOR.

4 Likes

Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by Theophinio(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Do you listen to them but yet continue to sin: fornicate, steal, lie, cheat, bribe, kill, hate etc?
It's time to flee from them, repent and accept JESUS CHRIST Of Nazareth as your LORD and SAVIOR.
Exactly brother
Avoid preachings that make you comfortable in your sinful acts, by claiming we are under Grace
BE WISE

4 Likes

Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
Theophinio:

Exactly brother
Avoid preachings that make you comfortable in your sinful acts, by claiming we are under Grace
BE WISE

Being under Grace doesn't give us the license to sin. The same way, living holy doesn't earn us Righteousness. The only Righteousness that counts before God is His Righteousness which is imputed to all who Believe in the Lord Jesus.

The Grace message, if you understand it properly, is not encouraging people to live in sin, because anyone that preaches the Grace message must reach Romans chapter 6, where Apostle Paul, after preaching about the Grace of God which works alongside Faith in Jesus, gave a reason why we don't sin if we are under Grace and that reason is that we are dead to sin, and alive to God, that is, it is no longer in our nature to sin, but we now have God's holy nature.

But hey, being dead to sin only applies to your Spirit. Your current fallen body in this fallen world is incorrigible, that is, it will never change, as it is only natural for it to have sinful desires.

There is no condemnation to anyone who is in Christ Jesus (Rom8:1). God has forever judged the sins of the entire world in the body of Jesus the Messiah and the result of that is forgiveness of sins which is now available to the whole world, that is, all who believe and receive it.

The Grace message teaches that God is not mad at you when you sin, but sin doesn't affect your relationship with God, at least from His perspective. But it can affect how you relate with God, if you don't understand that God is not condemning you, and that living holy doesn't earn you righteousness from God.

If you think that you have to live a holy life to be worthy of God, then you don't understand the Good News of Jesus. If God gave you salvation as a sinner by Grace through Faith in what Jesus did on your behalf, why do you feel that you must live holy to remain accepted before God?

If you see yourself as a sinner, you'll constantly feel unworthy before God, and keep living in sin. But God doesn't see you as a sinner. (2 Cor 5:17).

He understands that as long as we are in this fallen world sinning is inevitable. We will always fall short as believers in this world.

The key to living a life above sin is renewing your mind according to God's Word and knowing that you are not a sinner. You living Righteous as a believer shouldn't have anything to do with earning things from God, but because it is who you are in Jesus. That is the Grace message.

The Christian life is lived from inside out, that is, your spiritual nature finding expression by the power of the Holy Spirit, in your everyday life.

If you understand the message of Grace, you wouldn't feel comfortable sinning because God is condemning you or is angry at you, but because it is not in your natureto do so.

Grace is not a license to sin.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by Eviana(f): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
Very nice to see a thread (of this nature) this morning.
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by ochibuogwu5: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

Being under Grace doesn't give us the license to sin. The same way, living holy doesn't earn us Righteousness. The only Righteousness that counts before God is His Righteousness which is imputed to all who Believe in the Lord Jesus.

The Grace message, if you understand it properly, is not encouraging people to live in sin, because anyone that preaches the Grace message must reach Romans chapter 6, where Apostle Paul, after preaching about the Grace of God which works alongside Faith in Jesus, gave a reason why we don't sin if we are under Grace and that reason is that we are dead to sin, and alive to God, that is, it is no longer in our nature to sin, but we now have God's holy nature.

But hey, being dead to sin only applies to your Spirit. Your current fallen body in this fallen world is incorrigible, that is, it will never change, as it is only natural for it to have sinful desires.

There is no condemnation to anyone who is in Christ Jesus (Rom8:1). God has forever judged the sins of the entire world in the body of Jesus the Messiah and the result of that is forgiveness of sins which is now available to the whole world, that is, all who believe and receive it.

The Grace message teaches that God is not mad at you when you sin, but sin doesn't affect your relationship with God, at least from His perspective. But it can affect how you relate with God, if you don't understand that God is not condemning you, and that living holy doesn't earn you righteousness from God.

If you think that you have to live a holy life to be worthy of God, then you don't understand the Good News of Jesus. If God gave you salvation as a sinner by Grace through Faith in what Jesus did on your behalf, why do you feel that you must live holy to remain accepted before God?

If you see yourself as a sinner, you'll constantly feel unworthy before God, and keep living in sin. But God doesn't see you as a sinner. (2 Cor 5:17).

He understands that as long as we are in this fallen world sinning is inevitable. We will always fall short as believers in this world.

The key to living a life above sin is renewing your mind according to God's Word and knowing that you are not a sinner. You living Righteous as a believer shouldn't have anything to do with earning things from God, but because it is who you are in Jesus. That is the Grace message.

The Christian life is lived from inside out, that is, your spiritual nature finding expression by the power of the Holy Spirit, in your everyday life.

If you understand the message of Grace, you wouldn't feel comfortable sinning because God is condemning you or is angry at you, but because it is not in your natureto do so.

Grace is not a license to sin.

grin grin grin grin

Please what do you mean that someone who has received the new life released upon the Cross by Jesus Christ Crucified and still sin as well as God is not mad at such a person in line with this passage were Jesus Christ was addressing those who have believed in him ?

John 8:31 Then said *Jesus to those Jews which believed on him*, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:34 Jesus answered them, *Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin*. 8:35 *And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.* 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

AND

"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin." (John 15:22)
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

Please what do you mean that someone who has received the new life released upon the Cross by Jesus Christ Crucified and still sin as well as God is not mad at such a person in line with this passage were Jesus Christ was addressing those who have believed in him ?

John 8:31 Then said *Jesus to those Jews which believed on him*, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:34 Jesus answered them, *Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin*. 8:35 *And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.* 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

AND

"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin." (John 15:22)

Okay, can you tell me now ehn, that ever since you believed in Jesus and made Him Lord over you, you haven't sinned?

When they came to arrest Jesus and one of His disciples cut off a person's ear, wasn't that sin?

When Peter denied Jesus thrice wasn't that sin? When Jesus resurrected and met with him did he even mention what he did? No. He invited him to have breakfast with Himself.

When Abraham lied about his wife being his sister to prevent other men from taking her, wasn't that sin? But what does the scripture say about Abraham, 'he believed God and it was imputed unto him for righteousness'. Abraham wasn't a holy man. He committed fornication with his wife's handmaid, but was God angry with him? Or did God revoke his promises to him?

God is angry at sin. But He can never be angry at the sinner, because His wrath for the sins of the world has been fully borne by Jesus on the cross. God is not relating with you because you live a holy life, but you live a holy life because it is in your nature to be holy, and you are righteous by believing in the one who justifies the ungodly.
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by ochibuogwu5: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

Okay, can you tell me now ehn, that ever since you believed in Jesus and made Him Lord over you, you haven't sinned?

When they came to arrest Jesus and one of His disciples cut off a person's ear, wasn't that sin?

When Peter denied Jesus thrice wasn't that sin? When Jesus resurrected and met with him did he even mention what he did? No. He invited him to have breakfast with Himself.

When Abraham lied about his wife being his sister to prevent other men from taking her, wasn't that sin? But what does the scripture say about Abraham, 'he believed God and it was imputed unto him for righteousness'. Abraham wasn't a holy man. He committed fornication with his wife's handmaid, but was God angry with him? Or did God revoke his promises to him?

God is angry at sin. But He can never be angry at the sinner, because His wrath for the sins of the world has been fully borne by Jesus on the cross. God is not relating with you because you live a holy life, but you live a holy life because it is in your nature to be holy, and you are righteous by believing in the one who justifies the ungodly.

You can come and follow me, watch me and monitor as Christ Jesus Crucified lives through me without sin consistently.....
If you are ready to know what having the new life of Christ Jesus Crucified entails calmly check YouTube for a 4-video message *Not I But Christ* by Gbile Akanni.
Holiness is a consistent flowing lifestyle by the new life of Christ Jesus Crucified since I heard the sound gospel.
Great Grace Brethren!!!

1 Like

Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by ochibuogwu5: 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2019
Galatians 5:24 Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus *have crucified the sinful nature together with its passions and appetites*.

5 For if we have become one with Him [permanently united] in the likeness of His death, we will also certainly be [one with Him and share fully] in the likeness of His resurrection. 6 We know that *our old self [our human nature without the Holy Spirit] was nailed to the cross with Him*, in order that *our body of sin might be done away with*, so that *we would no longer be slaves to sin*. 7 For *the person who has died [with Christ] has been freed from [the attraction and power of] sin*. {Romans 6:5-7}

Galatians 2:17 Amplified Bible (AMP)
17 But if, while we seek to be justified in Christ [by faith], we ourselves are found to be sinners, does that make Christ an advocate or promoter of our sin? Certainly not!

Romans 6:1-4 (AMP)
1 What shall we say [to all this]? Should we continue in sin and practice sin as a habit so that [God’s gift of] *grace may increase and overflow?* 2 Certainly not! How can we, the very ones who died to sin, continue to live in it any longer? 3 Or are you ignorant of the fact that all of us who have been [b]baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 We have therefore been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory and power of the Father, we too might walk habitually in newness of life [abandoning our old ways]."

That which is born of the flesh is flesh [the physical is merely physical], and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

"by their fruits, you shall know them..." (Matthew 7:20)

"You cannot serve God(Spirit) and mammon(flesh) at the same time, you either hate one and love the other" (Matthew 6:24)

Galatians 5:19-21 Amplified Bible (AMP)
19 Now the practices of the [a]sinful nature are clearly evident: they are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality (total irresponsibility, lack of self-control), 20 [b]idolatry, [c]sorcery, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions [that promote heresies], 21 envy, drunkenness, riotous behavior, and other things like these. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that *those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.*

Galatians 5:22-23 Amplified Bible (AMP)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. *Against such things there is no law*.

"4 But those who keep on sinning are against God, for every sin is done against the will of God. 5 And you know that he became a man so that he could take away our sins, and that there is no sin in him, no missing of God’s will at any time in any way. 6 So if we stay close to him, obedient to him, we won’t be sinning either; but as for those who keep on sinning, they should realize this: They sin because they have never really known him or become his.

7 Oh, dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: if you are constantly doing what is good, it is because you are good, even as he is. 8 But if you keep on sinning, it shows that you belong to Satan, who since he first began to sin has kept steadily at it. But the Son of God came to destroy these works of the devil. 9 The person who has been born into God’s family does not make a practice of sinning because now God’s life is in him; so he can’t keep on sinning, for this new life has been born into him and controls him—he has been born again.

10 So now we can tell who is a child of God and who belongs to Satan. Whoever is living a life of sin and doesn’t love his brother shows that he is not in God’s family; 11 for the message to us from the beginning has been that we should love one another. (1 John 3:4-10)

11 For the [remarkable, undeserved] *grace of God* that brings salvation has appeared *to all men*. 12 It teaches us to reject ungodliness and worldly (immoral) desires, and to live self-controlled, righteous, and holy lives [lives with a purpose that reflect spiritual maturity] *in this present age*, 13 awaiting and confidently expecting the [fulfillment of our] blessed hope and the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 *who [willingly] gave Himself [to be crucified] on our behalf to redeem us and purchase our freedom from all wickedness/sinfulness*, and to purify for Himself a chosen and very special people to be His own possession, who are enthusiastic for doing what is good. (Titus 2:11-14)

John 8:36 Amplified Bible (AMP)
36 So if the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free.

Hebrews 7:25 Amplified Bible (AMP)
25 Therefore He is able also to save forever (completely, perfectly, for eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede and intervene on their behalf [with God].

Hebrews 10:10-14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
10 And in accordance with this will [of God] we [who believe in the message of salvation] have been sanctified [that is, set apart as holy for God and His purposes] through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) once for all.

11 Every priest stands [at his altar of service] ministering daily, offering the same sacrifices over and over, which are never able [a]to strip away sins [that envelop and cover us]; 12 whereas Christ, having offered the one sacrifice [the all-sufficient sacrifice of Himself] for sins for all time, sat down [signifying the completion of atonement for sin] at the right hand of God [the position of honor], 13 waiting from that time onward until his enemies are made a footstool for His feet. 14 For by the one offering He has perfected forever and completely cleansed those who are being sanctified [bringing each believer to spiritual completion and maturity].

John 14:16 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Role of the Spirit
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [a]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever

John 4:14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.”

John 8:11-12 Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 She answered, “No one, Lord!” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you either. Go. From now on sin no more.”]
12 Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, “[a]I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

John 6:47 Amplified Bible (AMP)
47 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he who believes [in Me as Savior—whoever adheres to, trusts in, relies on, and has faith in Me—already] has eternal life [that is, now possesses it].

1 Corinthians 1:8-9 Amplified Bible (AMP)
8 And He will also confirm you to the end [keeping you strong and free of any accusation, so that you will be] blameless and beyond reproach in the day [of the return] of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful [He is reliable, trustworthy and ever true to His promise—He can be depended on], and through Him you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Philippians 2:13 Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.

James 4:7-8 Amplified Bible (AMP)
7 So submit to [the authority of] God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him] and he will flee from you. 8 Come close to God [with a contrite heart] and He will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; and purify your [unfaithful] hearts, you double-minded [people].

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (AMP)
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [that is, separate you from profane and vulgar things, make you pure and whole and undamaged—consecrated to Him—set apart for His purpose]; and *may your spirit and soul and body* be kept complete and [be found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful and absolutely trustworthy is He who is calling you [to Himself for your salvation], and He will do it [He will fulfill His call by making you holy, guarding you, watching over you, and protecting you as His own].

Jude 24-25 Amplified Bible (AMP)
24 Now to Him *who is able to keep you from stumbling or falling into sin*, and to *present you unblemished [blameless and faultless] in the presence of His glory with triumphant joy and unspeakable delight*, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and power, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 6:47am On Jan 08, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 9:26am On Jan 11, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 11:51am On Jan 27, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes3: 7:26am On Dec 18, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:42am On Dec 22, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump..... .... ...
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:49am On Jan 06, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... ... ....
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 8:03am On Jan 14, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... ... ... .
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 8:31am On Jan 17, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .... ...
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:47am On Feb 05, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.... .... .. ..
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 8:13am On Mar 15, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump.. .. ...
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:37am On Apr 15, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... ..
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:43am On May 06, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .. ... .
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:48am On May 17, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... ... ... ..
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:33am On May 26, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .
. .
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:41am On May 27, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. .. .. ..
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:34am On Jun 07, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.... . .... ... .
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by OpenYourEyes1: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin. by GdNews32: 7:46am On Sep 08, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Powerful Spiritual Minds, Sun Of God, Frosbel.your Attention Is Needed Here / High Profile Assasination To Take Place In India - Tb Joshua / Mog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.