Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is A Shame Mane Finished Fourth In Ballon D'or - Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is A Shame Mane Finished Fourth In Ballon D'or - Messi (433 Views)

Osimhen And Oshoala Set African Record For Nigeria In Ballon D’or Nomination / Ronaldo's Response To Pascal Ferré's Claim About Ballon D'or & Messi / You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is A Shame Mane Finished Fourth In Ballon D'or - Messi by gibzzhd: 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
The Barcelona forward has held the Senegal international in high esteem after a fantastic year with the Reds
Lionel Messi has stated Sadio Mane was his pick for the 2019 Ballon d'Or because of his achievements with
Liverpool .
The Argentine beat Mane's teammate Virgil van Dijk and his eternal rival Cristiano Ronaldo to the gong in Paris on Monday night for a record sixth time, while Mane polled fourth.
He still didn't stop short of praising the former Southampton man.
"But I think there have been a lot of great players this year. That’s why it was difficult to choose a particular player. ‘But I chose Sadio Mane because he’s a player that I like.
"Mane achieved a great year that was exceptional for the entire Liverpool team. That’s why I chose him. ‘
"I repeat, there were a lot of very great players this year, so the choice was difficult."
Mane was a key cog in the Liverpool side that won the 2018-19 Champions League and finished a close second in the Premier League, scoring 26 competitive goals and providing five assists.
In the current campaign, he has already had a hand in 20 goals (13 goals, seven assists) in 21 competitive appearances, with the Reds holding an eight-point lead in the English top-flight.
Re: Is A Shame Mane Finished Fourth In Ballon D'or - Messi by Xkalaban(m): 1:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
Mane, a great baller. But Leo is the greatest. Real recognize real... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea's Transfer Ban Lifted! / Download Video: Burnley Vs Manchester United 0-2 All Goals & Highlights / See How To Get Your Desired Body Shape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.