Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government (43242 Views)

Ighalo Blasts Critics Over Super Eagles Comeback / Chukwuebuka Enekwechi's Sister Blasts Nigerian Women / Sonia Ighalo Blasts Her Brother-in-law For Using Their House For A Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Swagavillage(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Manchester United and Nigerian International Footballer, Jude Odion Ighalo has taken to his Twitter handle to blast the Nigerian government.

The striker posted a video on his verified Twitter handle saying he usually does not dabble into politics but can't keep shut over what is happening in Nigeria anymore, he further stated that the Nigerian Government is a shame to the world for sending military men to shoot and kill unarmed protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4ajQYFfwow

https://mobile.twitter.com/ighalojude/status/1318666220447715329

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by yerokunphilips: 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
A useless government that can't talk to his people but can killed his ,is a blood sucking demon

223 Likes 16 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
Protesters should start looking for Yusuf and zahra to give them the treatment soldiers gave the peaceful protesters

300 Likes 22 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
We need Okocha,Sunday Oliseh,Mikel Obi and other prominent Nigerians to speak out and alert the world we are being ruled by gangsters who have no regards for human rights.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by alsudan: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
Odion put out this video while still at the Parc des Princes for the Champions League date against PSG. Shows how urgent he felt the need to express his disgust against the barbaric dullard.

Southern and Middle Belt sports personalities should henceforth boycott National assignments, starting with the Tokyo Olympics next year.

Buhari was never meant to go anywhere close to the Presidency. As it seems, there won’t be 2023 elections, because there will be no Nigeria.

175 Likes 16 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by zionmde: 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
our players should all boycott d national team. they shouldn't continue playing for a blood stained flag

The line up could be
goal keeper _ Femi Adesina
Defenders _ Lie Mohammed Osibanjo el rufai
Strikers _ Tinubu Buhari etc

177 Likes 13 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by magoo10(m): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
The biggest shame was sending in an army that have not been able to defeat boko haram on protesters.
The government should know that the era of solving problems through short cuts are over ,if they cannot address issues raised properly then they have no business in governance.

221 Likes 16 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by seunlayi(m): 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2020

Odion Ighalo ti Sọrọ sókè (Speak up loud) And this voice is very loud and clear

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by gsley: 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Tomorrow we go bomb � place, we go enter barracks and police station tomorrow....

Advice ur brother wey dey work for police and army make the stay house

29 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Kingof2nations(m): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
God bless you Ighalo for speaking up against this failed government

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Fahdiga(m): 11:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
Everyone should start speaking up let's alert the whole world on the mass murder going on in Nigeria. Impotent Buhari, mad man Sanwo-olu, coward Buratai should be prosecuted in ICC. enough is enough

37 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Franzinni: 11:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigeria is Full of cowards... Those that has amassed anything resembling riches will never lend a voice to the woes of the country talk less of protest. All the Yeye brities we parade about are busy on social media reading news and pretending to care, well nah only this life dem get ...but the truth is even if they keep quiet or they sorosoke, when e set!

11 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Anwons(m): 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Good one from ighalo, beyond this, all Nigerian players should as a matter of urgency, stop honouring national team invitation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Saintsquare(m): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
Respect Ighalo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by omoharry(f): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
To all our leaders Ieaders on nairaland and thier supporters .. Shame on you .. a big shame . you are all noting in but a big disgrace to the African continent . You travel out and see how develop other countries are but you cannot sit down to replicate what you have seen . We are only asking for our basic right to live and you are killing us .. course to you all ., and your children after you .
To the Nigerian Army , Shame on you too

42 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by mayskit4luv(m): 12:00am On Oct 21, 2020
And that's just the fact. We only have desperate, power driven fools in Gov't

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 21, 2020
Saintsquare:
Respect Ighalo

1 Like

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 21, 2020
It is going viral, over a million views and prominent British players like Rio Ferdinand and Gary Linekar retweeted Ighalo video it.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by chris259(m): 12:36am On Oct 21, 2020
I am jus crying, seeing all the photos and videos of the sporadic shooting at lekki toll gate. I have nothing to say *cleans tears* than to make it a top priority not to vote for Apc or Pdp in the forthcoming elections, they are both the same the only diff is their motto and party logo. Honestly the endsars protests have shown that we the nigerian youths are resilent and united especially when we have a common goal, but protesting only will not bring the desired change we are clamoring for because as it is now the government have taken the road to anarchy, The only way i see now is to come together and beat these fools at their own game, why dont we come together and form our own political party dialogue btw ourselves and choose young educated technocrats, men and women with leadership traits, men and women who will not forget their aim and objectives while holding public offices, God fearing people who will lead this country forward.Nigeria will be great again i assure u, the protests is just the beginning

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Built2last: 12:50am On Oct 21, 2020
Shame on Buhari

#BuhariMustGo should be the next hashtag

10 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Dayoebe(m): 12:57am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari has been a bad boy

5 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by crestedaguiyi: 1:06am On Oct 21, 2020
i concur
Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2020
In Ighalo's words :
My dear brothers and sisters back home,
PLEASE remain safe,
Be indoor for now and please don't come out

Same thing i have been saying for the past 48 hours while some hoodlums are attacking their parent's age mate.

It was a very sad Tuesday.
We still have a long way to go in our country.
Human life is not regarded in Nigeria,
both by the government and the citizens who are also quick to lynch a suspect.

Naija youths, we will this at the end.
We are not asking for too much, we are only asking for a better Nigeria.

Lipscomb:
I'm begging the protesters to stop too. If their demand not implement by Government they can resume the protest again.

I'm sad to seeing the blood of our brothers.
Exactly my point.

Some of our demands...

STRIP EX-GOVERNORS AND ALL ELECTED AND APPOINTED PUBLIC SERVANTS OF ALL BENEFITS AFTER OFFICE.

INCREASE SALARIES OF OUR DOCTORS, NURSES, TEACHERS, POLICE, MILITARY OFFICERS, AND CIVIL SERVANTS

NAME AND SHAME LOOTERS AND MAKE CRIMINAL OFFENDERS, AND LOOTERS FACE TRIAL IN THEIR HOME STATES AND VILLAGES TO SHAME THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES

Interesting times.
I hope Nigerian youths that are part of us, the real protesters out there listen to the good advice.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2020
Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by sammyj: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2020
angry angry Ighalo is 1001% correct!! shocked This country is so full of mess. Just imagine a government that kills is own people. ICC loading for this government !! shocked shocked

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by html14java(f): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2020
Good.
Evey celebrity should follow suit.

Let's end this bad governance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by janedonez(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2020
So sad

1 Like

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by Seandisputed(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2020
For the first time in my life I'm not ashamed to say I cried uncontrollably last night and this morning as a man.

28 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by ProfAmaben(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2020
Ighalo is a true patriot. Much love!!!!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by IME1: 9:21am On Oct 21, 2020
angry 49 people died yesterday

undecided
May they rest in peace

All deaths in the past days concerning this protests are all avoidable

Meanwhile there are crimes now related to this protests which include-
Raping, Breaking and Entry, Extortion, Road Blocks and paying before passing, Burning of public buildings get such as police stations, over 1000 inmates released from prison, hardened people unleashed into the society who don't know the modus operandi of the protest, but see everyone outside the prison as an enemy.

Where are the police people?
They are guarding legislators, executives, judicial persons and rich people who can pay for them.

Police cannot help you if bad boys come under the guise of protest to come and loot, rape and kill! So where do you turn to? Self help? Your guns or weapons, or street vigilante? Oh please.

Welcome to the desire for the enthronment of the New World Order undecided
I'm not a conspiracy theorists but sadly all that's happening is a script.
You turn off lights and CCTV at Lekki toll? What do you expect?
You open prison gates to let out inmates? What do you expect?
You slap people with hike in fuel then electricity back to back? What do you expect?
You pay one human being 26million monthly for saying aye or nay or even sleeping and what do you expect?

I can go on, but alas my phone battery is running down and do there's been no light since and there is curfew.
So how do we buy fuel, diesel or get charge phones?
What do you do at home when there is no light and even food or joy?

What a country angry

PS: I'll copy this my post and paste it on as many threads as I can cool angry

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government by kollinskollins(m): 9:21am On Oct 21, 2020
Niger delta let's braze up for the impact and seize this moment. #REVOLUTION ... Una yeye don do....

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emiliano Sala:- Cushions 'From Missing Plane' Found / Different Nigerians' Reactions To Nigeria 4: 0 Win Over Libya (Memes) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.