Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani (963 Views)

Tyson Fury To Anthony Joshua: “if You Make It Pass 3rd Round I’ll Quit”(video) / Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by Thandiubani(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
Anthony Joshua will on Saturday, 7th of December 2019, slug it out with reigning champion Andy Ruiz Jnr as he tries to reclaim the WBA, IBF and WBO belts he lost to the Mexican via a technical knockout on the 1st of June 2019.

The rematch is billed to hold in Saudi Arabia.

Many boxing fans in the United Kingdom and Nigeria will be expecting Joshua to win the rematch for obvious reasons. But the big question is: what will happen to Joshua and his career if he loses?

Of course, losing again to Ruiz will be devastating for Joshua and his career.

Although he will earn over £60 million from the rematch, losing will leave his reputation, legacy and name in tatters and his relevance in the sports will take a huge tumble.

It will take him a long time to reorganize himself before he can be allowed to take a shot at the world title again.

It is no-brainer to conclude that losing again against Ruiz is not an option for AJ if he wants to be regarded as a top fighter.

But this fact must be clear: Anthony Joshua losing to Ruiz again will not end his boxing career.

He could learn one or two things from other champion boxers who lost their rematch bouts, but still were able to rise from the ashes to become world champions again.

Marco Antonio Barrera was a champion boxer from Mexico who suffered a rematch loss against Junior Jones that forced him to retire from boxing momentarily. That didn't deter him as he later made a comeback which saw him win the world title again.

Or is it, Bernard Hopkins, a former American boxing champion who held multiple world championships in two weight classes, including the undisputed middleweight title? The champion was taught a bitter lesson twice by Jermain Taylor. But, after losing the rematch, he still worked his way to the top to become a champion again.

Joshua can also learn from Carlos Ortiz if he loses to Ruiz again. Ortiz won three world titles but lost twice to Duilio Loi. Instead of retiring as a result of the setback, he went ahead to win another world title which he successfully defended on numerous occasions.

With all these said, it is clear that a loss for Joshua come Saturday will not end his boxing career.

However, if he loses, he will need to win his next fight in a brutal fashion in order to remain in the list of top boxers to stand a chance of getting a shot at the world title again.

As a fan of the game, my verdict is for the best man to win.

Alexander Thandi Ubani writes from Lagos.
Twitter:@thandiubani

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/136883/what-will-happen-to-anthony-joshua-if-he-loses-to.html

Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by uche87(m): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
This is nice. I pray he wins
Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by kuffz999(m): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
This has got to be the most anticipated fight of this decade. As a Nigerian, I wish Anthony Joshua the best, but may the best man win.
Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by apexJ(m): 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
OP you sound as if you prefer him losing the rematch...you are giving him reasons to lose.

if Him lose, DJ Cuppy go run leave am and we nigerians no go gv am that recognition again, no forget British media wey de very brutal to losers.

I really want him to win though.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by Thandiubani(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
I want AJ to win. But, I had to look at the other side too.

With what I have seen so far, he looks like the real champ.

apexJ:
OP you sound as if you prefer him losing the rematch...you are giving him reasons to lose.

if Him lose, DJ Cuppy go run leave am and we nigerians no go gv am that recognition again, no forget British media wey de very brutal to losers.

I really want him to win though.
Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by King2kay(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
Nothing Will happen, he will surly Win.
Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by King2kay(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2019
But how is Joshua richer than Andy ��

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by Emescot(m): 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Honestly in a vision I saw AJ lose again to this guy... 60milliin is still a win win he can manage that
Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:49am On Dec 06, 2019
Affliction will not arise a 2nd time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by Twizzy30(m): 6:32am On Dec 06, 2019
Andy will give AJ hot hot. But one upper cut might win it for AJ though.
Re: What Will Happen To Anthony Joshua If He Loses To Ruiz Again? - Alexander Ubani by Numerouno94(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
I dnt see AJ loosin again.
He underated Andy in d first fight. He tot Andy was jux an ordinary fat ass. To b frank i hv neva seen Joshua fight so sluggishly in d first fight..... Nd he paid 4 it.
Am seein a ruthless AJ 2mao.. (an AJ dat defeated Klitchko)
Lets kip our fingers crossed.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Week 40 Pool Results For Sat 11, April 2020 / Barcelona FC President Bartomeu Resigns His Position. / This Guy Is Africa's Most Talented Footballer Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.