Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Meet The "Fantastic Four" Scientists: Ten Times Better Than Their Peers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meet The "Fantastic Four" Scientists: Ten Times Better Than Their Peers (518 Views)

Donnie McClurkin Calls Super Bowl Halftime Performance "Absolutely Fantastic" / Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The "Fantastic Four" Scientists: Ten Times Better Than Their Peers by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
MEET THE "FANTASTIC FOUR" SCIENTISTS: TEN TIMES BETTER THAN THEIR PEERS.

History has it that civilization began in Mesopotamia. And speaking of history, not just in the secular sense because that was also suggested in Biblical history:

Daniel 1:1-4 (KJV)

1 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.
3 And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes;
4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

6 Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
7 Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abed-nego.

So Biblical history also appears to agree with secular history concerning Mesopotamia, for this was the first and only time the word "science" appeared in the whole of the Bible. And it was concerning King Nebuchadnezzer of Babylon (the capital of Mesopotamia) who also features prominently in secular history of the civilization of Mesopotamia, as the greatest King it ever had.

And according to Biblical history, it was during his reign that certain of the children of Israel with "understanding in science" among other things were chosen. Among whom were, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego of whom it was said:

Daniel 1:20 (KJV)

20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

So after examining Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, King Nebuchadnezzer was said to have found them ten times better than all their colleagues and fellow scientists of their day.

Now this was the same King Nebuchadnezzer who was regarded in secular history as the greatest ever king in the history of Mesopotamia, who was said to have built the legendary "hanging gardens" which is considered to be the best and most revered wonder of the ancient world, to suggest who were actually the brains behind such exploits of his reign, which distinguished him and his era from those of his counterparts.

It was obviously the "fantastic four" scientists who were found to be head and shoulders above all their peers by king Nebuchadnezzer, and had consequently been placed in elevated positions by the king above all of them in his kingdom:

Daniel 2:48-49 (KJV)

48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.
49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.

Therefore since Nebuchadnezzer was said to be the greatest King of that civilization, it could be inferred that of all of those in their field, the "fantastic four" scientists had made the most telling scientific contributions to civilization of Mesopotamia, which is credited with several ground-breaking scientific discoveries, and whose records and methods are still relevant in modern science.

This was what made the "fantastic four" scientists to so outstanding:

Daniel 1:17 (KJV)

17 As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

And who else, but the omniscient God that had made them to become ten times better than their fellows, and used them to accomplish such incredible and breathtaking feats as the famous "hanging gardens" during reign of King Nebuchadnezzer, which set him apart from his counterparts.

However just as it is in secular history where king Nebuchadnezzer is credited with such remarkable feats of his reign, for instance, the famous "hanging gardens" which he was said to have built, king Nebuchadnezzer also credited himself with all that was achieved during his reign:

Daniel 4:30 (KJV)

30 The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?

But after he had said that, God momentarily took away everything from King Nebuchadnezzer, to make him know who was truly behind such feats which he achieved during his reign. Daniel 4:31-33

And this was what the same King Nebuchadnezzer said afterwards:

Daniel 4:34-37 (KJV)

34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:
35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
36 At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

So king Nebuchadnezzer eventually came to realize, albeit the hard way, that it wasn't by the might of his own power that he had achieved the incredible feats of his kingdom which distinguished him from his counterparts, but that it was God who did it, hence his giving credit to whom credit is due.

I believe the world ought take a listen to what King Nebuchadnezzer who they regard as the greatest ever of the world's first civilization had to say concerning who was behind what he achieved during his reign, such as the famous "hanging gardens", which distinguished him from his counterpart.

Also those of the science world who instead of giving God, the omniscience, the credit for the accomplishments of science, are using it as a basis to deny His existence, could also borrow a leaf from King Nebuchadnezzer, and begin to give the credit of modern science to whom it is due.

For with the instance of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego who were ten times better than their fellow scientists in the land, God proved that He was the Lord of science even in the land of Mesopotamia where science was born.

God bless.

Re: Meet The "Fantastic Four" Scientists: Ten Times Better Than Their Peers by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 06, 2019
Now the "fantastic four" scientists being ten times better than those in their field, didn't in any way mean that they were just your average scientists who were either spiritually mediocre or atheistically rebellious, for it couldn't get more spiritually inclined than these most distinguished scientists.

And the extent of their spirituality was first displayed on this wise:

Daniel 1:8, 10-16 (KJV)

8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

10 And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,
12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.
16 Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.

So these men were much more than just distinguished scientists, for they were men who knew their God, and placed Him And His commandments above everything else, inclusive of science.

Hence they showed why God would have no problems giving them such extent of knowledge and scientific prowess which would make them ten times better than those in the same field as theirs, for they had proven to God that no amount of knowledge both scientific or otherwise could take His place in their lives.

God bless.
Re: Meet The "Fantastic Four" Scientists: Ten Times Better Than Their Peers by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 22, 2019
And that's only the beginning, for there's much more to come from the spiritual side to the "fantastic four" scientists who were ten times better than their peers.

Stay tuned and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Does Jesus Have A Physical Body In Heaven / You Are A Thief If You Play Church Instrument & Collect Money – Pastor Reveals / We Are Here Because A Snake Scammed Two Adults.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.