Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

How To Get Rid Of Rats - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get Rid Of Rats (766 Views)

4 Reasons Why Rats Are Always In Your House / Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? / Use Oriflame Footscrub And Ecollagen Cream To Get Rid Of That Stretch Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Rats by EFCLEF(m): 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Gud day guys. I have been trying to handle this all by myself but its not been working. Its time i swallow the shame and request help from nairalanders. I have been having a running battle with rats in my ceiling for months. They're not in my store, rooms or kitchen, infact av neva set my eyes on any. But it appears they're playing an endless football match inside my ceiling. The thing is causing me and my family sleepless nights. I tried a few solutions that my friends suggested, but to no avail...The last being some very smelly and toxic tablets which i just threw into the ceiling, yet no solution.
Can someone please help me out? cry
cry

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by cRobo: 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
Snake chasing rats on your ceiling

Simple get a bournvita can that you must have puntured put charcoal in it and light up also put dry pepper that will chase all the rats and all the demons
Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by overdrive(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
Buy a cat.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by BabbanBura(m): 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
EFCLEF:
Gud day guys. I have been trying to handle this all by myself but its not been working. Its time i swallow the shame and request help from nairalanders. I have been having a running battle with rats in my ceiling for months. They're not in my store, rooms or kitchen, infact av neva set my eyes on any. But it appears they're playing an endless football match inside my ceiling. The thing is causing me and my family sleepless nights. I tried a few solutions that my friends suggested, but to no avail...The last being some very smelly and toxic tablets which i just threw into the ceiling, yet no solution.
Can someone please help me out? cry
cry

If you have no problem with a cat, get one and let it join the match in the ceiling. After like 10 matches, the winner will be obvious

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by phintohlar(f): 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2019
BabbanBura:

If you have no problem with a cat, get one and let it join the match in the ceiling. After like 10 matches, the winner will be obvious
i quite agree with you, you know
Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by BabbanBura(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
phintohlar:
i quite agree with you, you know

kiss. Bia, this tigh u are pushing out infront of my eyes...
Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by meobizy(f): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
cRobo:

Simple get a bournvita can that you must have puntured put charcoal in it and light up also put dry pepper that will chase all the rats and all the demons

Lol. OP also wants to injure me with 'endless football match'. Rats are wicked animals that can frustrate someone's existence. When they reach a certain number they'll come down gradually to feast on sleeping people's toenails.

OP, I advice you mix flour and cement. Put the mixture in a small container no different from the size of a short cup. Put it in their location with another container holding water. Once the little bastards are drawn to the smell of flour they'll consume the cement. The cement will make them thirsty and they'll quickly drink the water. Give them three days at most and the smell of decaying rats will nearly chase you out of the location.

Edit: Rats are survivors so I doubt this method will eliminate all of them. When the majority are killed off someone can volunteer to climb the ceiling and wipe the rest out. If two survive the cement-flour ordeal just know they’ll multiply very fast.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by EFCLEF(m): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
cRobo:

You mean SMOKE abi?
Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by cRobo: 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
EFCLEF:

You mean SMOKE abi?

No

It's more like burning drying pepper

1 Like

Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
However you decide to deal with this I will suggest you not kill them without being sure of a way to collect their carcass. Am sure the last thing you want is to rig open your ceiling when they start decomposing.

Probably look into 'borrowing' a cat with a track record of hunting mice, in case you don't like cats in your home and in order to ensure the mice are consumed or chased out.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by phintohlar(f): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2019
BabbanBura:

kiss. Bia, this tigh u are pushing out infront of my eyes...
wetin con do am?
Re: How To Get Rid Of Rats by BabbanBura(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
phintohlar:
wetin con do am?

Shey u know wetin u dey do sha! E dey obstruct my path

(1) (Reply)

10 Incredible Benefits Of Semen Retention For Guys, Powerful Content / Huvid-20: The Discovery Of A More Deadly Virus In Nigeria. / Strange Facts, Most People Do Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.