Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Unbreakable Bond Part B - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unbreakable Bond Part B (341 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / Unbreakable Bond Part E / Unbreakable Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unbreakable Bond Part B by Supernatural28(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
[b]Unbreakable Bond
(♥ Mine Forever ♥)
written by Okere Charles N
Part B.
***Some months later***
We became tight friends after that day. Our intimacy grew stronger and stronger everyday. The familiarity between us is so irresistible that one would think we have known each other for years. in fact many thought we were lovers, because we are always together and we do things together.
I am still marvel at the way the mystery dream stopped after my encounter with Nora. But I didn't tell her about the dream.
One Sunday evening while chatting with Nora on whatapp. I received an Sms from an unknown number. I pause my chat with Nora so i can read the content of the text.

"you have what belongs to me and I want it back". I was dumbfounded after reading the content of the Sms. I am not in possession with anything that does not belong to me. Neither have I taken anyone's thing without his/her permission.

So I ignored the text and resumed what I was doing earlier before the text pop up. Probably the person must have sent it mistakenly.
Some minutes later, I heard a slight knock on my door. I silently stare at the door for while to be sure if I actually heard a knock. I checked the time on my phone screen and heavy a sigh.

"Who could be knocking on my door at this hour of the night? For goodness sake is almost 12 midnight. I said in my mind. I got up from my bed and plod to the door.
I was surprise to see no one at my door when I opened it. But I saw a package wrapped with a red gift-wrap, with my full name attached to it.
I stare at it open-mouthed, pondering who could have dropped the package and left without a trace. I pick it up and unwrap it to see what's inside it. I saw a note and a rubber black scorpion.

"stay away from her, stay away from my baby. Failure to do it, will be cataclysmic. Remember only a stubborn fly follow the corpse to the grave. A word is enough for the wise. This is not a threat, it is just a friendly advice". After reading the content on the note I was dumbfounded. After staring at the written and the well designed rubber scorpion for a while. I sigh, walk straight to the trash bin and dump it there.

The next day I and Nora went to the school restaurant to have our lunch. We were having a lively conversation, when a man in a white top and a blue D&G designer jeans came to where we were sitting and sat down smiling sardonically. He's average in height, chocolate in complexion and probably may be in his late twenties or more.

After a moment of silence.
" buddy, how may we help you? I asked.

He glare at me and said "boy just keep shut am not here for you, I came here for her. Pointing at Nora. So Nora he's the one behind your silly attitude towards me right? So it was because of him you quit our relationship? So it was because of this idiot you said am rude and arrogant?
Nora glare at him and said " Jumbo please leave our presence now before I do something you will regret..

" so it has gotten to this? So you are now defending him? Nora it seems you have forgotten am a scorpion and scorpions don't give up so easily. Look boy I'm warning you to stay away from my girl okay!!! I repeat stay away from her!!! Charles a word is enough for the wise.

I stare at him in awe pondering how he got to know my name. "how did you know my name I asked still staring at him in awe.

" Charles, how I got to know your name doesn't matter okay. What you need to know is that I have syndicates all over this university. So I am everywhere, my eyes are you. I don't just know your name, I know everything about you. Jumbo responded.

" Jumbo I said get out now, leave us now before I loose it. In short am already loosing it get out now!! Leave us alone. Nora said glaring at him.

" is okay I'll leave just chill. You know I don't like seeing you like this. Just calm down. But please tell him to keep off from you baby. If you know you truly like him keep away from him." You are mine forever" whether you like it or not. My love will be chasing you everywhere and anywhere you go. So Charles if you love your life stay away from her. Don't allow your stupidity to lead you to your early grave. Don't lost your life all because of a girl. He said in fierce.

He stood up and walked out of the restaurant full of rage.
As I watched him walked out of the restaurant. It then occurred to me that he might be the one who sent the Sms and also the package. I was awe knowing that his syndicates are in my hostel.
I was lost in my thought when I felt a warm hand on my cheek. The gently touch of her (Nora) hand brought me back to reality. I turn to see her staring at me worryingly. I also stare at her wondering the reason for her sudden sad look.

"Charles, are you okay? She asked with a faint voice.
" Am okay. I responded.

"Charles, please don't tell me you're scare of him? Don't make me to believe you took his empty threats to heart? She asked again.

" Am not dear, believe me am not. I responded.

" I know you're lying, the look in your eyes say it all. Please don't be scare of him. He is just a toothless bulldog. I promise you no one can hurt you in this university. As long as am here nothing will ever happen to you okay. She said wrapping her hands around my neck and for the first time locking up my lips with a kiss.

Her kiss really shocked my nerves. I can't explain the way I felt the moment our lips entangled. It is left for the imagination. Apart from Nora surprising kiss, I was curious to know what she actually meant by me been safe as long as she is here with me. I stare at her not knowing what to say and her hands were still wrapped around my neck. It was like she read my thoughts and said.

"Charles I know you have questions, please ask.
" you sounded so confident when you said, that am safe and no one can hurt me. Please who are you? I asked.

Her face curved in a smile and Responded
" Am a girl whom you found a way to her heart and I will always be with you.
"Please be serious Nora. Who are you? I asked again.
" Charles, stop been naive. Who I am doesn't matter for now okay. She said and planned another kiss on my lips.

"alright Nora.
She smile and remove her hands from my neck. An hour later we left the school restaurant.
***part C***
©Okere Charles N 2019
supernneji26@gmail.com
08056214023[

(1) (Reply)

How Many Novels Did You Read This Year? Plan To Eat More Books 2020 / Travelling To Cyprus / Bijou: The Memoir By Itty Okim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.