Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Unbreakable Bond - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unbreakable Bond (442 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / Unbreakable Bond Part F / Unbreakable Bond Part E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unbreakable Bond by Supernatural28(m): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2019
Unbreakable Bond
(♥ Mine Forever ♥)
Written by Okere Charles N
PROLOGUE
It's been the same dream every night for months now. I can't ever see her face, but I know her. Like I have known her all my life. And it feels like something very bad is going to happen when I reach her.
But at the same time, I am not afraid at all. I want her. No matter what happens. But I never get to her (gunshots everywhere). And then I died.
At first I was afraid, I thought I was losing my mind. The dream and the imaginary pictures of her was gradually becoming an obsession. What's worse is waking up every night wanting someone I have never met.. Loving a girl who doesn't exist...

Part A
i was in my room lost in my thought that I didn't notice the continuous knock on my door. The scream of my name brought me back to reality.
"Charles!!! the voice called again still knocking on my door.
I sluggishly stood up from my bed and plodded to the door. I opened the door to see my course mates, Jimmy and Leo.

"hey don't tell me you're still sleeping by this time of the day? Leo asked immediately.

I didn't answer his question, I just kept rubbing my hands on my eyes feigning like I just woke up.
" Anyway we are going to the school main library to read. We just want to know if you will also like to come with us? Leo continued when I didn't say a word.

I will please wait let me get my books. I answered.

My reason for accepting to go with them was unknown to me. I don't feel like going out that day. I just want to be alone. Though our first semester exams is within the corner. On a normal day I don't stay at home, I'm either in the school library or in the faculty library reading. I came out from my room with my book and we headed straight to the school library.

The school main library was already occupied by students who were reading. we took a brisk walk to our faculty library it was also occupied by students who were reading. We decided to check the school love garden, we located an empty seat and sat down. Jimmy and leo engaged themselves immediately with their reason for coming to the garden while I took my time staring at students trooping in and out of the garden. I turned my direction to the left and saw a girl sitting alone at the extreme corner of the garden.
I thought I was hallucinating, but the person am seeing isn't an illusion, i wasn't hallucinating. She's the one, the girl in my dream. I stare at her with awe, contemplating on how to approach her.

This is strange how can this be possible? Seeing a girl that I have been seeing in my dream in reality. I was still staring at her, lost in my thoughts. When I notice a hand waving very close to my face. I turned to see who it was and only to see
Jimmy and leo staring at me like clowns..

"why are you guys staring at me like that? I hope no problem? I asked breaking the silent.

" Charles, are you here to read or you're here to look at girls? Jimmy asked.

I heavy sigh " to read of course. I responded with a smile.
" are you sure? If actually you're here to read why are you staring at her (pointing to the mystery girl) Jimmy asked.

"and how did you know I was staring at her? Ain't you supposed to be reading and concentrating on your books? Rather than putting your concentration on what doesn't concern you. I responded feigning anger.

Jimmy burst out into laughter and said.
" guy vexing no fit you. Abeg arrange that your face way be like shirt way dem no iron

" na you Sabi. I answered.

" there's nothing bad with you staring at her. Besides she is gorgeous. Jimmy said.
" yes I know she is gorgeous. I answered.
" tell me the truth do you like her? Jimmy asked
I didn't answer him. I just kept staring at him like a dummy.

" Charles, stop acting like a dummy and answer me. Do you like her? Just tell me I can woo her for you. Jimmy said with a smile.

I heavy a sigh and answered." thank you. But I can do that myself.
Jimmy and leo laughed out loud.
"you Charles! you that can't even approach a girl. let alone talking or wooing them. Leo said amusingly.

" don't mind him make him dey claim wetin him no fit do. Jimmy answered.
I took a deep breath and said.

"like I said, I can talk to her. Do you want me to prove that to you guys?
They glance at each other and fixed there gaze on me.
" yes prove it to us. They answered in unison.

I took a deep breath, stood up and walked towards her.. I could see my friends already staring with curiosity. As I WALKED closer to her.. I could see her flipping through the book she was reading.

“HI dear, I greeted with a smile .

She glare at me and focused her attention back on the book she was reading without responding.

"hey dear, i just said hi"

"as you can see, I am very busy now and I don't entertain hobbies strangers. She responded.

"hey come on dear, that's not a polite way to respond to someone who just dropped by to say hi"

"okay, i am sorry. so what can i do for you?" she asked

"at least you should reply TO my greeting first before throwing question at me"

"okay, i am fine. are you okay now?" shE ASKed.
"something like that. I responded with a smile.
"something like that? Okay so how may i help you? She asked.
"My name is CharleS ...... What's yours?
" young man I didn't ask for your name okay. Please state your mission.
"at least tell me your name..
" young man how may I help you?
I heavy a sigh
"well what am about to say may sound as a joke or perhaps weird to you and...... I pause and heavy a sigh.

" yes, go on I am all ears. She said staring at me intensely.

"I feel like I have known you all my life and for months now I have been seeing you in my.....in my.... I pause, heavy a sigh and continue. The reality here is that I want us to be friends.

The way she glare at me almost gave me a heart attack.

" you know I was feeling guilty when I called you a jobless stranger. But i was right you're actually jobless. So you just want to distract me? Please as you can see I was busy reading my books before you showed up. I need to be left alone.
" Please am not here to distract or disturb your reading. I'm serious when I said I like you and I want us to be friends that's all I am asking.

" Okay, I accept we are friends. Are you happy now. Please leave I need some space. She said focusing her attention back on her book.

After a while she look up from the book she was reading and fixed her eyes on me.
“Charles, that's your name right? She asked
But I pretended not to hear her.
"look Charles I know you're aren't a dummy, I told you I want to be left alone. Please what are you still doing here?

I still pretend not to hear her. I just kept massaging my jaw with my hand.

" For goodness sake, what kind of a guy are you? She asked.

"and what kind of a lady are you? You don't want us to be friends, neither do you want to tell me your name?

"gosh, I thought I have answered your question earlier. Yes we can be friends.
" But you're yet to tell me your name.

"that's because I don't want to. Okay I don't have a name.

" imagine a beautiful face without a name. How can we be friends without names?

"Charles, am not the familiarity type. I hate unhealthy familiarity, especially with the opposite sex.

" I don't think I will be able to sleep again if you don't tell me your name.

She stare at me with open-mouthed and said " I can see you are the persistent type. In short you are a pest. What planet are you from?
persistent pest planet.. I answered giggling.

I hope you know you are crazy?
I am just hearing it from you I answered.
you are just a nerd..
you can say that again.. I answered.
okay fine you win. My name is Nora.
"wow Nora, that's a very beautiful name.
" oh thank you. She responded in a sonorous and musical voice.
"you are welcome. So what department are you?
" Am a law student. what about you? She asked.
" Am a student of theater arts. I responded with a smile.
"wow my future actor. She said with her face curved in a smile.
" and you're my future attorney. We both laugh in unison.
The vibration of her ringing phone interrupted our conversation.
I waited patiently for her to end her conversation with the caller. I stole a glance at my friends who were staring at me open-mouthed. After two minutes she ended the call and heavy a sigh. I have to take my leave now. She said this and stood up. I also stood up immediately with her.

" alright dear, please can I have your number? I asked.

She stare at me for a while, before she responded.

of course you can. She took my phone and typed her number into my phone.
she gave the phone back to me when she was done.

my face curved in a smile, thank you.

you are always welcome.. she responded.

***Part B*
©Okere Charles N 2019
Supernneji26@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unbreakable Bond by Crownbefitsme(f): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
Next please

Supernatural28:
Unbreakable Bond
(♥ Mine Forever ♥)
Written by Okere Charles N
PROLOGUE
It's been the same dream every night for months now. I can't ever see her face, but I know her. Like I have known her all my life. And it feels like something very bad is going to happen when I reach her.
But at the same time, I am not afraid at all. I want her. No matter what happens. But I never get to her (gunshots everywhere). And then I died.
At first I was afraid, I thought I was losing my mind. The dream and the imaginary pictures of her was gradually becoming an obsession. What's worse is waking up every night wanting someone I have never met.. Loving a girl who doesn't exist...

Part A
i was in my room lost in my thought that I didn't notice the continuous knock on my door. The scream of my name brought me back to reality.
"Charles!!! the voice called again still knocking on my door.
I sluggishly stood up from my bed and plodded to the door. I opened the door to see my course mates, Jimmy and Leo.

"hey don't tell me you're still sleeping by this time of the day? Leo asked immediately.

I didn't answer his question, I just kept rubbing my hands on my eyes feigning like I just woke up.
" Anyway we are going to the school main library to read. We just want to know if you will also like to come with us? Leo continued when I didn't say a word.

I will please wait let me get my books. I answered.

My reason for accepting to go with them was unknown to me. I don't feel like going out that day. I just want to be alone. Though our first semester exams is within the corner. On a normal day I don't stay at home, I'm either in the school library or in the faculty library reading. I came out from my room with my book and we headed straight to the school library.

The school main library was already occupied by students who were reading. we took a brisk walk to our faculty library it was also occupied by students who were reading. We decided to check the school love garden, we located an empty seat and sat down. Jimmy and leo engaged themselves immediately with their reason for coming to the garden while I took my time staring at students trooping in and out of the garden. I turned my direction to the left and saw a girl sitting alone at the extreme corner of the garden.
I thought I was hallucinating, but the person am seeing isn't an illusion, i wasn't hallucinating. She's the one, the girl in my dream. I stare at her with awe, contemplating on how to approach her.

This is strange how can this be possible? Seeing a girl that I have been seeing in my dream in reality. I was still staring at her, lost in my thoughts. When I notice a hand waving very close to my face. I turned to see who it was and only to see
Jimmy and leo staring at me like clowns..

"why are you guys staring at me like that? I hope no problem? I asked breaking the silent.

" Charles, are you here to read or you're here to look at girls? Jimmy asked.

I heavy sigh " to read of course. I responded with a smile.
" are you sure? If actually you're here to read why are you staring at her (pointing to the mystery girl) Jimmy asked.

"and how did you know I was staring at her? Ain't you supposed to be reading and concentrating on your books? Rather than putting your concentration on what doesn't concern you. I responded feigning anger.

Jimmy burst out into laughter and said.
" guy vexing no fit you. Abeg arrange that your face way be like shirt way dem no iron

" na you Sabi. I answered.

" there's nothing bad with you staring at her. Besides she is gorgeous. Jimmy said.
" yes I know she is gorgeous. I answered.
" tell me the truth do you like her? Jimmy asked
I didn't answer him. I just kept staring at him like a dummy.

" Charles, stop acting like a dummy and answer me. Do you like her? Just tell me I can woo her for you. Jimmy said with a smile.

I heavy a sigh and answered." thank you. But I can do that myself.
Jimmy and leo laughed out loud.
"you Charles! you that can't even approach a girl. let alone talking or wooing them. Leo said amusingly.

" don't mind him make him dey claim wetin him no fit do. Jimmy answered.
I took a deep breath and said.

"like I said, I can talk to her. Do you want me to prove that to you guys?
They glance at each other and fixed there gaze on me.
" yes prove it to us. They answered in unison.

I took a deep breath, stood up and walked towards her.. I could see my friends already staring with curiosity. As I WALKED closer to her.. I could see her flipping through the book she was reading.

“HI dear, I greeted with a smile .

She glare at me and focused her attention back on the book she was reading without responding.

"hey dear, i just said hi"

"as you can see, I am very busy now and I don't entertain hobbies strangers. She responded.

"hey come on dear, that's not a polite way to respond to someone who just dropped by to say hi"

"okay, i am sorry. so what can i do for you?" she asked

"at least you should reply TO my greeting first before throwing question at me"

"okay, i am fine. are you okay now?" shE ASKed.
"something like that. I responded with a smile.
"something like that? Okay so how may i help you? She asked.
"My name is CharleS ...... What's yours?
" young man I didn't ask for your name okay. Please state your mission.
"at least tell me your name..
" young man how may I help you?
I heavy a sigh
"well what am about to say may sound as a joke or perhaps weird to you and...... I pause and heavy a sigh.

" yes, go on I am all ears. She said staring at me intensely.

"I feel like I have known you all my life and for months now I have been seeing you in my.....in my.... I pause, heavy a sigh and continue. The reality here is that I want us to be friends.

The way she glare at me almost gave me a heart attack.

" you know I was feeling guilty when I called you a jobless stranger. But i was right you're actually jobless. So you just want to distract me? Please as you can see I was busy reading my books before you showed up. I need to be left alone.
" Please am not here to distract or disturb your reading. I'm serious when I said I like you and I want us to be friends that's all I am asking.

" Okay, I accept we are friends. Are you happy now. Please leave I need some space. She said focusing her attention back on her book.

After a while she look up from the book she was reading and fixed her eyes on me.
“Charles, that's your name right? She asked
But I pretended not to hear her.
"look Charles I know you're aren't a dummy, I told you I want to be left alone. Please what are you still doing here?

I still pretend not to hear her. I just kept massaging my jaw with my hand.

" For goodness sake, what kind of a guy are you? She asked.

"and what kind of a lady are you? You don't want us to be friends, neither do you want to tell me your name?

"gosh, I thought I have answered your question earlier. Yes we can be friends.
" But you're yet to tell me your name.

"that's because I don't want to. Okay I don't have a name.

" imagine a beautiful face without a name. How can we be friends without names?

"Charles, am not the familiarity type. I hate unhealthy familiarity, especially with the opposite sex.

" I don't think I will be able to sleep again if you don't tell me your name.

She stare at me with open-mouthed and said " I can see you are the persistent type. In short you are a pest. What planet are you from?
persistent pest planet.. I answered giggling.

I hope you know you are crazy?
I am just hearing it from you I answered.
you are just a nerd..
you can say that again.. I answered.
okay fine you win. My name is Nora.
"wow Nora, that's a very beautiful name.
" oh thank you. She responded in a sonorous and musical voice.
"you are welcome. So what department are you?
" Am a law student. what about you? She asked.
" Am a student of theater arts. I responded with a smile.
"wow my future actor. She said with her face curved in a smile.
" and you're my future attorney. We both laugh in unison.
The vibration of her ringing phone interrupted our conversation.
I waited patiently for her to end her conversation with the caller. I stole a glance at my friends who were staring at me open-mouthed. After two minutes she ended the call and heavy a sigh. I have to take my leave now. She said this and stood up. I also stood up immediately with her.

" alright dear, please can I have your number? I asked.

She stare at me for a while, before she responded.

of course you can. She took my phone and typed her number into my phone.
she gave the phone back to me when she was done.

my face curved in a smile, thank you.

you are always welcome.. she responded.

***Part B*
©Okere Charles N 2019
Supernneji26@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Story About Tacha / The Abomination - Episode 6 / Tears And Writing--how To..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.