Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Five Nollywood Actresses Who Married Other Women’s Men - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Nollywood Actresses Who Married Other Women’s Men (1874 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Women Dress Themselves To Compete With Other Women & Not For Men / 10 Nigerian Actresses Who Married Foreigners / Nollywood Star Actresses Who Sacrificed Their Career For Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Nollywood Actresses Who Married Other Women’s Men by FolakeGold: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2019
Love, truly, is a beautiful thing. Most ladies, regardless of their social status anticipate the day they would get married to their sweethearts and begin the journey to their 'happily ever after'. Normally, there should be no big deal about this subject, except when a lady 'steals' another lady's man, particularly when she is a major Nigerian celebrity. Then yes, it is a major deal.

Is this women’s inhumanity to women? You decide:

5. Ini Edo

The beautiful actress Ini Edo got social media buzzing when news came out that she was getting married in 2008 to her American-based fiance, Phillips Ehiagwina.

Just before this, a lady, Ruth, who was said to be Phillips' legal wife sent an open letter to the actress, warning her to leave her husband alone. She additionally went further to uncover how immoral her husband was, so that Ini would not end up feeling used and deceived. Check out what she wrote below:

“Hi Ini, I have information that you are having an affair with my husband, Philip Ehiagwina. He has been deceiving girls all over the place, making them believe he has heaven and earth. You are not the only girl obviously, but Ini watch your back so you don’t regret, I have nothing against you but a piece of advice. I heard that you might be pregnant for him, if it’s true, good luck. I called your manager and told her everything. You are a very pretty girl and should know how to respect your body. Do not be carried away by flashy things cause that could be deadly too. All that glitters isn’t gold, remember.”

However, the entertainer ignored all these and went on to blame the media misrepresenting facts. She got married to Mr Phillips and the issue went from sweet to sour in six years. Her family was said to have returned the brideprice over irreconcilable differences.

The sultry actress who owns a huge N70 million mansion in Lekki is doing quite well for herself and has put all her previous marriage inconveniences behind her.

4. Mercy Johnson

In 2011, one Mrs. Lovely Okojie sent out an open letter to Mercy Johnson to please release her husband and find a single man to marry. As indicated by the lady, the man being referred to is the father of her two kids and he was still legitimately married to her at the time. Check out the letter below:

“My name is Lovely Okojie, legal wife of Prince Odianosen Okojie, the man Mercy Johnson is set to wed in a few weeks. I was referred to you to help me share my story after all else had failed to stop another woman from breaking my home. I used to have a sweet home but now Mercy Johnson is trying to destroy it. I’ve not been able to stop crying or sleep well for the past few months. I’m appealing to the world and whoever knows her to please tell her to leave my husband alone. I’m married to this man and there has never been any divorce paper signed."

"We are still legally married, he’s the love of my life and the father of my two lovely kids. We got married back in 2006 in Regio-Emilia, Italy, attached are pictures of the wedding. At the moment, he’s busy in Nigeria planning to wed Mercy Johnson, abandoning me and our children. Fellow women is this fair? So with all the single guys out there, Mercy could not find herself one. How can a woman not care that she’s destroying the home of another woman, all in the name of getting married desperately. I’m in terrible pains. What do I tell my children?”

All these did not prevent the wedding from holding. Despite the fact that there was a delay, the two lovebirds exchanged their promises at a Christ Embassy Church, Oregun, Lagos on Saturday, August 27, 2011, in the midst of tight security. They are still happily married have their marriage has been blessed with 3 children.

3. Nujella Njubigbe

Very few Nigerians knew Nujella until news went round that she broke her colleague's home. The fast rising actress was quick at reporting the news that she was having an affair with Nollywood maker, Tchidi Tchekere as fake.

Tchidi was married with 3 children to Sophia Tchekere, another excellent actress. The producer later ended his six years marriage to Sophia and moved in with Nujella at another apartment in Ajah. The couple has been blessed with a baby and they are still very much together.

2. Stella Damasus-Aboderin

This particular actress made the list due to the sort of terrible publicity she creates with regards to men. Sometime ago, reports broke the internet that the beautiful actress and mother was having an affair with her colleague, Doris Simeon's significant other, Daniel Ademinokan. However, Stella vehemently denied it, and she labelled it as a silly and unbelievable report.

Some months after this, the lovebirds are took to social media to announce their deep love for one another, with the poor Doris Simeon carrying on with her life. Doris Simeon and Daniel Adenimokan had a child, while Aunty Stella has three girls from her first husband.

1. Funke Akindele

Prominently known as Jenifa, the 41-year-old Ikorodu-born actress's marriage to Mr. Kehinde Oloyede can be said to be one of the shortest marriages in the historical background of Nollywood. Everyone, aside the actress who obvioudly perhaps drunk in love realized the marriage will undoubtedly finish before it even began. A hotshot in the Nigerian movie industry and a University of Lagos graduate, getting married to a man who has six or more kids from three ladies? Hell no! Talking about how the union went awry, the ever amusing actress said:

“I was abused emotionally and verbally. Really, I felt we could work things out when the trouble started two months after the marriage, but I made up my mind and shut the door of the marriage at him when the trouble was coming to me too much. I stooped to conquer him; buried my fame and name to make him my husband, but it did not work. At a point in time, I asked if it’s not the same man that was all over me before we married.""He nearly got me off my career. He called me severally; I did not pick his calls but when he realized my silence was tormenting him, he took to Facebook. It’s alright. Ask him when did he come to my house last? He left me here in my rented apartment with nothing and he will just dash in and dash out. He gets abusive, caustic anytime we have a misunderstanding and often told me to my face, he’s going to his wife in Oshodi.”

Funke Akindele is however now back and better and we love that the girlpower in her has continuously made her project ahead in her career. In 2016, Funke Akindele surprised us all and got married to JJC Skillz. Surprisingly, JJC has three grown up kids all from three different baby mamas. The beautiful couple have been waxing on strong and welcomed a beautiful set of twins early this year.

Did we miss anyone on the list? Tell us what you think about this trend in the comment section.

Re: Five Nollywood Actresses Who Married Other Women’s Men by Betakeshi: 9:42am On Dec 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Five Nollywood Actresses Who Married Other Women’s Men by hisgrace090: 9:47am On Dec 06, 2019
The DESPERADOS!
Re: Five Nollywood Actresses Who Married Other Women’s Men by majamajic(m): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2019
Mercy was not aware he was about to marry someone's husband till almost at the altar
Re: Five Nollywood Actresses Who Married Other Women’s Men by kaysmith(f): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2019

(1) (Reply)

BBNaija: "I Natacha Akide Have Never Thrown A Shade At Mercy" - Tacha Reacts / Nollywood Actor Caught Worshipping Fela’s Grave / Iya Oko Down With Strange Illness As Foluke Daramola Seeks Financial Supports Fo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.