Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) - Sports (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) (235003 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by themonk(m): 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blueelf:

Lollll..

Imagine penalty in boxing being that your opponents hands are tied to hoa back and you're allowed one clean shot to his head....
If a professional heavyweight boxer sucker punches you, you would have a concussion, lacerated tongue, shifted jaw and maybe blood leakage in the brain. I'm not joking.

There was a boxer not even a heavyweight that sucker punched his opponent after the fight was over and the gloves were off, the opponent had like twenty something surgery.

The boxer had to go to jail.

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by blaise26abj(m): 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
m140:

Wilder should fight takam, povetkin,parker, white ,kilts before you say this, I swear this ruiz go end wilder's life

A J has a better reach than Ruiz. AJ ran around him and avoided close contact. Ruiz weight didn’t help him in that regards As well. He couldn’t close in quickly to use his fast punches. However , wilder has reach and speed.. The fight with AJ would be interesting if it falls through , though my money would be on wilder .

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
anochuko01:

Honestly! Lol. I can you win a world championship belt and still agree to a rematch so quick? I don't watch much of boxing but it doesn't sound proper

grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by dokie: 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
saxywale1:

Wilder was fighting bums and jorneymen.

AJ was fighting professionals and world class boxers. He took a lot of risk in his careers. Those Belts dont come easy.

Wilder has knocked down everybody he has fought with including fury. Fury is the best at defense in the heavyweight division at the moment, but wilder knocked him down twice, and it took the grace of God for fury to stand up the second time.

None of the people AJ has fought has a punch as heavy as Wilder's. And landing those heavy punches on every individual he has fought is no fluke, it's strategy. You can be sure if they fight, he will land it on AJ and AJ will hit the canvass.

To be honest, if i were AJ, i will never fight wilder. my last busstop will be Fury.

Deontay Wilder is a beast.

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
IprintMONEY:
joshua sef dey fear them na. hose guys will beat joshua blue blak. man even me sef fit beat this joshua, the guy too ajebo
Mayweather did this against Pacquiao, Lennox did this against iron Mike. It's a game plan, it's not easy fight a short guy from in the inside you will fire blank cus ruiz is fast a very technical boxer
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by saxywale1: 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
kettykings:

Aj won by points but Ruiz is the stronger boxer . the number of points AJ won is too slim and marginal. I just hope wylder will fight AJ

Not gonna happen. Even Hearn just said it. The only person I see capable of deafeating AJ right now is Tyson Fury, who is an equally skilled boxer.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by vibre: 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
So that's why AJ lost all that weight? to run a 12 round marathon away from fatso Ruiz sad

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by tico1212(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
anochuko01:

Honestly! Lol. I can you win a world championship belt and still agree to a rematch so quick? I don't watch much of boxing but it doesn't sound proper

Ruiz is not even sure of the 3rd. Moreover, the promoter said there’s no other fight after this.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
Tsongz:

Ask Pacquiao... It's a strategy uncle
Am so surprised seeing a lady understanding the game. Lennox did same again st Mike tyson
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Legendguru: 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
This is nothing but business and not boxing nothing but ten ten The is a big stains to legends name like Holyfield and co

These dude should just retire and face other things just like mayweather they were just jumping up and down
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by saxywale1: 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
vibre:
So that's why AJ lost all that weight? to run a 12 round marathon away from fatso Ruiz sad
Have you seen how Mohammed ALi fights?

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by dokie: 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
blaise26abj:

A J has a better reach than Ruiz. AJ ran around him and avoided close contact. Ruiz weight didn’t help him in that regards As well. He couldn’t close in quickly to use his fast punches. However , wilder has reach and speed.. The fight with AJ would be interesting if it falls through , though my money would be on wilder .

Any one who has watched both men closely without any sentiment would put his money on Wilder for sure.

My advice to AJ is: Avoid Fighting Wilder.

It is not by force to fight him.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Mrquote: 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
anochuko01:

As a world champion u can go a yr without a fight go and look it up
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by k2money(m): 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2019
obiekunie2:

YOU KNOW BOXING BRO!

I TALK THEY ATTACK ME!

THAT RUIZ GUY IS A VERY STAUNCH FIGHTER - HE HAS STAMINA MORE THAN ANY BOXER CURRENTLY.

AJ JUST USED SKIRMISH TO DEFEAT HIM - NOT LIKE AJ OUT BOXED HIM.

IN FACT, ANY REAL BOXING GURU WILL TELL YOU THAT RUIZ MESSED AJ UP BIG TIME!

IMAGINE AN UNKNOWN GUY JUST FEW MOTHS AGO GOING ALL THE WAY TO 12 ROUNDS WITH A SUPPOSED WORLD CHAMPION WITHOUT EVEN BUCKLING FOR ONCE!

RATHER IT WAS AJ THAT KEPT BUCKLING (MORE THAN 5 TIMES!) AND HUGGING AND EVEN ALMOST KISSED THE CANVAS!!

THAT RUIZ, WITH A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCED COACH WILL DEFEAT ALL THE CURRENT ACTIVE BOXERS!

THE GUY IS THE REAL DEAL! HE HAS SOLID PUNCH AND SOLID STAMINA! EVEN AJ KNOWS THAT!

THEY GAVE THIS WIN TO AJ BC OF POPULAR OPINION - THEY KNOW AJ WILL SALE BOXING MORE THAN RUIZ CAUSE FATSO IS NOT GLAMOROUS!

THE PROMOTERS JUST WANT BOXING TO KEEP BEING GLAMOROUS THAT'S WHY THEY SO DESPERATELY WANT AJ BACK WITH THE BELTS

AM NOT BRAGGING BUT ON A GOOD FREE FIGHT, I WILL DEFEAT AJ UNDER 25 MINUTES - THE GUY DOESN'T LAST LONG grin grin
U knw shit
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2019
blaise26abj:

To me technic wins the game Just focus, wilder will go down easily, with first fight with ortiz, the bell saved him
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by themonk(m): 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
saxywale1:

Not gonna happen. Even Hearn just said it. The only person I see capable of deafeating AJ right now is Tyson Fury, who is an equally skilled boxer.

Who's is Hearn, AJ's promoter. Isn't it?

He will definitely pick opponents that AJ can beat and try to convince the public it is a tough fight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by kettykings: 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
BabaO2:
Local man, Na just tactics to reclaim his belts. He fell Ruiz in 2nd round of their first match but he lost the match due to pride. Wilder you are craving for was dominated althrough by Ortiz.

Has it come to calling me local man for analysis of a match analysed worldwide. This is a match that didn't produce a knock out, and was judged by points and even at that AJ won with 10 points.
The 10 points is too slim for a real heavyweight boxing match, go and watch real heavyweight boxing champions. They do their stuff mostly through knock outs. None of these people would have stood Tyson in his prime. I pray he fights wilder very soon
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by saxywale1: 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
dokie:

Any one who has watched both men closely without any sentiment would put his money on Wilder for sure.

My advice to AJ is: Avoid Fighting Wilder.

It is not by force to fight him.
That is the line of thoughts Hearn passed out tonight. AJ is now going to choose his opponents carefully. No fighting area boys style fighters grin
Wilder doesnt believe in Class boxing. I would like to see a fight between Fury and AJ.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by blaise26abj(m): 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
Numerouno94:

I tink its long overdue. Its high tym dey fought.
Am nt sayin AJ can easily Win Wilder, all am sayin is dat Wilder wont find it easy wit AJ.. Same way he found it difficult wit Tyson
I agree it won’t be a walk over . They should fight already and not that 3rd match Ruiz and AJ are trying to sell . 60 million dollars no be moi moi
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
themonk:

All 42 opponents don't think so.
Which one is credible , against ortiz first fight the bell saved his ass. Second one check the score card. Bros , Aj is not a careless fighter like that, he wont fall for that kind of punch like the second fight he had with ortiz.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by slaypapa: 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
uthlaw:
are you for real
Yes bro the ticket was running since Thursday. I neglected all most of the top clubs and if I do pick them I only play goals. It hurts mennnn
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
obiekunie2:

AM NOT BRAGGING BUT ON A GOOD FREE FIGHT, I WILL DEFEAT AJ UNDER 25 MINUTES - THE GUY DOESN'T LAST LONG grin grin
Jump in the ring with him already. Who is stopping you? grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Numerouno94(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
saxywale1:

Wilder was fighting bums and jorneymen.

AJ was fighting professionals and world class boxers. He took a lot of risk in his careers. Those Belts dont come easy.

Dis exactly wat am pointing out.
Wilder vs AJ aint gonna b funny.
Most of all AJ's opponents were world class compare to dat of Wilders.(Ruiz is d only unknown boxer AJ has faced 4 a long tym now) nd he ended up showing to d world dat he is gud nd not fatty.. I see Ruiz goin places..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by kettykings: 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
vibre:

This is no heavy weight boxing championships, this looks like what they do in featherweight, marathon and less punches and then victory by points

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by jeff1607(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
saxywale1:
Have you seen how Mohammed ALi fights?

Ali can drag fights eh, but a Better teaser than AJ

when he sees you are angry he lets u steam out
older boxers fight this way
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by valarmorghulis: 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2019
blaise26abj:

Go and check again, ruiz arm is longer
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Blueelf: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
themonk:

If a professional heavyweight boxer sucker punches you, you would have a concussion, lacerated tongue, shifted jaw and maybe blood leakage in the brain. I'm not joking.

There was a boxer not even a heavyweight that sucker punched his opponent after the fight was over and the gloves were off, the opponent had like twenty something surgery.

The boxer had to go to jail.

Yea, I know the fight. It happened right after his opponent was announced as the winner
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by themonk(m): 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
slaypapa:

Yes bro the ticket was running since Thursday. I neglected all most of the top clubs and if I do pick them I only play goals. It hurts mennnn
Name any AJ credible opponent? Please do not include 47 years old Wladimir Klitchko.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Numerouno94(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
blaise26abj:

I agree it won’t be a walk over . They should fight already and not that 3rd match Ruiz and AJ are trying to sell . 60 million dollars no be moi moi
3rd match again?.
Dats completely stupid. Wen Tyson Fury nd Wilder re available..
Buh i dnt see AJ fighting any of those two 4 now. He wuld wanna kip his belts 4 a while.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by themonk(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blueelf:

Yea, I know the fight. It happened right after his opponent was announced as the winner
You are a boxing historian my man grin

Nice to meet you!
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
obiekunie2:

YOU KNOW BOXING BRO!

I TALK THEY ATTACK ME!

THAT RUIZ GUY IS A VERY STAUNCH FIGHTER - HE HAS STAMINA MORE THAN ANY BOXER CURRENTLY.

AJ JUST USED SKIRMISH TO DEFEAT HIM - NOT LIKE AJ OUT BOXED HIM.

IN FACT, ANY REAL BOXING GURU WILL TELL YOU THAT RUIZ MESSED AJ UP BIG TIME!

IMAGINE AN UNKNOWN GUY JUST FEW MOTHS AGO GOING ALL THE WAY TO 12 ROUNDS WITH A SUPPOSED WORLD CHAMPION WITHOUT EVEN BUCKLING FOR ONCE!

RATHER IT WAS AJ THAT KEPT BUCKLING (MORE THAN 5 TIMES!) AND HUGGING AND EVEN ALMOST KISSED THE CANVAS!!

THAT RUIZ, WITH A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCED COACH WILL DEFEAT ALL THE CURRENT ACTIVE BOXERS!

THE GUY IS THE REAL DEAL! HE HAS SOLID PUNCH AND SOLID STAMINA! EVEN AJ KNOWS THAT!

THEY GAVE THIS WIN TO AJ BC OF POPULAR OPINION - THEY KNOW AJ WILL SALE BOXING MORE THAN RUIZ CAUSE FATSO IS NOT GLAMOROUS!

THE PROMOTERS JUST WANT BOXING TO KEEP BEING GLAMOROUS THAT'S WHY THEY SO DESPERATELY WANT AJ BACK WITH THE BELTS

AJ is a good boxer ooo , no doubt it's not really easy fighting a short boxer oooo, Lennox did same with Tyson too . Ruiz sabi ooo, I dey tell you , that's the only AJ can fight him.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Omotaday(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
Kylekent59:

When that finally happens, I shall quote you guys.

No wonder Nigeria is backwards because you people don't wanna listen to the truth.

Have you tried looking at their data?

Have you looked on them, who do you think is more balanced?

What about their records?

Those days of name is gone, it is strength that speaks.
Mr. Truth, Joshua has won. Go and rest your mouth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (82) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. / Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.