Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) - Sports (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) (235004 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by saxywale1: 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
jeff1607:

Ali can drag fights eh, but a Better teaser than AJ

when he sees you are angry he lets u steam out

older boxers fight this way
exactly. AT the 8th round and on. Ruiz realized he was losing by points and he starting becoming extremely frustrated. AJ even capitalized on that the more.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by slaypapa: 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
My 16milla ooo. Bet9ja I will not forgive u ooo. 'Sobbing '

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by jaxxy(m): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
HeadNigga:
I am mad for what u just wrote but I won't let u ruin my night. So A.J should have obliged him by coming closer like he requested? So if u were in A.J's shoes you would move closer? A.J also told Ruiz to stop coming closer but Ruiz would not listen. How about that?

Don’t mind him, Ruiz only has fast combinations and he needs proximity to do that. He’s not a mike Tyson who can dare to come at u for a brawl no matter what and do damage. Ruiz looks for ur weakness and plays his advantages quickly. If he was so serious he shud have gone in on Joshua and see if he won’t get knocked out. He also hits back and side of the head then throws a direct to the face. That’s all he knows.

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Dbeautyy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
Let's watch out for Wilder vs Fury rematch come February ...

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by themonk(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
valarmorghulis:

Go and check again, ruiz arm is longer
It's sad that I am here trying to talk with people who know absolutely nothing about boxing and about the fighters in this fight.

AJ has 82" reach while Ruiz has 74" where did you get your own stat from?

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by shogsman(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
mojysiola:

Please how does it work. I really want to know. Thanks
Huge traffic doesn't necessarily amount to a gross increase in revenue, besides for a site this huge that's not a breakthrough, this platform has 2.3m members and even more guests, so the huge traffic like you describe it only amounts to like 0.5% of it's members, that's a low input.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
Mrquote:

Again boxing match was not ment to be fun like football, u see two men trying to destroy each other and u want to see some funny act, he brought a tactical sense and it worked for him.
At least u should congretulate him first then u can then comes ur critics, for me he did a nice job
This guy always misinterpreting ,yeah his style was the smartest,all am saying is it was a boring match,am not saying he doesn't deserve it neither am I saying he is a weak boxer,the match was boring for me to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
saxywale1:

Exactly. This is what I saw tonight.

AJ would be demeaning himself fighting Wilder. They are in a different class. He is better off fighting another world class fighter like Tyson Fury.
Tyson fury na werey boxer too ooo, fury when he had his belt will toy with wilder 100 rounds and not land any mumu punch

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by blaise26abj(m): 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
valarmorghulis:

Go and check again, ruiz arm is longer

Ruiz’s reach is 74 inches while Joshua’s is 82 inches

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
macho44:
When AJ get's to that BRIDGE, he should find a way across it. I felt he had a game plan today against Ruiz, and it worked perfectly.
He is not what everyone wants ooo, but he knows his way, he knows when to go head to head and when to play safe . Parker too is a fast boxer he did it with jab too.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
Numerouno94:

Leave dem. Dem jux dey hype Wilder anyhow.. Dis Andry will gv Wilder a run 4 his money
Anytime anyday , his body punch will break wilder's rib. Ruiz sabi paaa

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by blaise26abj(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
themonk:

It's sad that I am here trying to talk with people who know absolutely nothing about boxing and about the fighters in this fight.

AJ has 82" reach while Ruiz has 74" where did you get your own state from?

Thanks jare . I didn’t even know that you had put this up
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by saxywale1: 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
tico1212:

Ruiz is not even sure of the 3rd. Moreover, the promoter said there’s no other fight after this.
To be honest. Ruiz did not even derseve the first match with AJ. That is why upsets are annoying. It is unfair for another boxer to work their way up by fighting every known professional out there to win the belts. Then one unknown fighter comes around and takes the belt. The only worthy boxer Ruiz fought in his career before chalenging AJ was PArker.

It happened with Tyson and Buster Douglas. Too. Tyson was looking ahead at beating Holyfield, then Douglas caused an upset.

Ruiz will have to work his way up now like everyone else. That s what Hearn indicated tonight. He is looking for a trilogy and it's not gonna happen. He should use the earning from this fight to develop himslef, get a better trainer and restart his career.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by themonk(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
blaise26abj:

Thanks jare . I didn’t even know that you had put this up
Some guys dey vex me for here lol
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
planetx:
Rubbish fight, running around like a coward. This just set boxing back by 20 years. All a money making scam controlled by mafias.
Great boxers have followed this game plan too

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by ComeanCollek: 11:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
OyinO:

This is foolishness.

hater you said it was foolishness but look what the GOODNESS OF GOD AND ALL THINGS OF GOODNESS GOT HIM

the new and new 2x HEAVYWEIGHT. CHAMP AJ!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Cossybob(m): 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
This fatso of guy is extremely good... It took AJ alot of experience to get his belts and titles back...

Moral: In this Life never you underestimate someone.

AJ learnt that in the first fight that caused his defeat.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by BabaO2: 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
kettykings:

Has it come to calling me local man for analysis of a match analysed worldwide. This is a match that didn't produce a knock out, and was judged by points and even at that AJ won with 10 points.
The 10 points is too slim for a real heavyweight boxing match, go and watch real heavyweight boxing champions. They do their stuff mostly through knock outs. None of these people would have stood Tyson in his prime. I pray he fights wilder very soon
you are a confirmed Local man for saying 10 points is a slim margin in a professional fight. What do you expect ,100 -0? Wilder has been lucky all this while:
Fury would have defeated him if not the last knockdown on fury that reduced his points to make way for the draw they had.
Ortiz dominated Wilder althrough their last match before the lucky blow.
Mike Tyson never won all his marches on knockout
Most of Holyfield matches were won on unanimous decisions..
It's nauseating taking up issues with people like you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by ComeanCollek: 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
saxywale1:

To be honest. Ruiz did not even derseve the first match with AJ. That is why upsets are annoying. It is unfair for another boxer to work their way up by fighting every known professional out there to win the belts. Then one unknown fighter comes around and takes the belt. The only worthy boxer Ruiz fought in his career before chalenging AJ was PArker.

It happened with Tyson and Buster Douglas. Too. Tyson was looking ahead at beating Holyfield, then Douglas caused an upset.

Ruiz will have to work his way up now like everyone else. That s what Hearn passed out tonight. He should use the earning from this fight to develop himslef, get a better trainer and restart his career.
Here is the thing, Ruiz did not take this seriously. He knew that people were saying he would win AGAIN. He figured that AJ would not beat him at his own tactics. He could not keep up. AJ pulled a straight buster Douglas.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blueelf:

I have watched him. If an unfit Tyson Fury could draw with wilder, a determined AJ could even knock him out
Could even is disrespect . Wilder will die .

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by saxywale1: 12:01am On Dec 08, 2019
shogsman:

Pride of Britain, stop pressuring this guy to give up his country cos of fvcking name.
He is really the pride of Britain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by blaise26abj(m): 12:01am On Dec 08, 2019
Numerouno94:

3rd match again?.
Dats completely stupid. Wen Tyson Fury nd Wilder re available..
Buh i dnt see AJ fighting any of those two 4 now. He wuld wanna kip his belts 4 a while.

Don’t mind both of them jare. But if na you too, you would want to milk this as much as you can . No be money wan make Mayweather come out of retirement? 100 million dollars for one night even if e lose na like ritual money o. cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by anochuko01(m): 12:01am On Dec 08, 2019
tico1212:

Ruiz is not even sure of the 3rd. Moreover, the promoter said there’s no other fight after this.
there can't be naa. They've all made the money!
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by paradigmshift(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2019
CaptainMeks:

More like your generation who happened to pass down the genes to you

ur mean ur generation?
e pain am
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2019
jaxxy:

Mohammed Ali hops around the ring and was the greatest... duh
You even get time dey reply am. Most dont understand the game .

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by Numerouno94(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2019
saxywale1:

Ruiz will have to work his way up now like everyone else. That s what Hearn indicated tonight. He is looking for a trilogy and it's not gonna happen. He should use the earning from this fight to develop himslef, get a better trainer and restart his career.
I see Ruiz goin places wit d right trainer, hardwork nd determination.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by CaptainMeks: 12:03am On Dec 08, 2019
paradigmshift:

ur mean ur generation?
e pain am

I am referring to the one you see whenever you stare idiotically into a mirror daily

That generation!
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by kettykings: 12:03am On Dec 08, 2019
BabaO2:
you are a confirmed Local man for saying 10 points is a slim margin in a professional fight. What do you expect ,100 -0? Wilder has been lucky all this while:
Fury would have defeated him if not the last knockdown on fury that reduced his points to make way for the draw they had.
I am very sorry sir, let's hope fury or wilder will meet Joshua soon
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by saxywale1: 12:03am On Dec 08, 2019
BabaO2:
you dey Kettyking talk. You can tell people that prefer to watch agberos fighting than to watch a word class fight grin

I was praying for the fight to get as far as 12th round to get my moneys worth. I was hoping against a knockout and I am glad it was decided by unanimous decision.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by olabode100: 12:04am On Dec 08, 2019
You don't really know boxing bro
You were expecting knockout and a guy like Ruiz would not take that.
Anthony Joshua uses experience for him.
This guy Ruiz never tired. You can only win Somebody like that with points.

YOU KNOW BOXING BRO!

I TALK THEY ATTACK ME!

THAT RUIZ GUY IS A VERY STAUNCH FIGHTER - HE HAS STAMINA MORE THAN ANY BOXER CURRENTLY.

AJ JUST USED SKIRMISH TO DEFEAT HIM - NOT LIKE AJ OUT BOXED HIM.

IN FACT, ANY REAL BOXING GURU WILL TELL YOU THAT RUIZ MESSED AJ UP BIG TIME!

IMAGINE AN UNKNOWN GUY JUST FEW MOTHS AGO GOING ALL THE WAY TO 12 ROUNDS WITH A SUPPOSED WORLD CHAMPION WITHOUT EVEN BUCKLING FOR ONCE!

RATHER IT WAS AJ THAT KEPT BUCKLING (MORE THAN 5 TIMES!) AND HUGGING AND EVEN ALMOST KISSED THE CANVAS!!

THAT RUIZ, WITH A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCED COACH WILL DEFEAT ALL THE CURRENT ACTIVE BOXERS!

THE GUY IS THE REAL DEAL! HE HAS SOLID PUNCH AND SOLID STAMINA! EVEN AJ KNOWS THAT!

THEY GAVE THIS WIN TO AJ BC OF POPULAR OPINION - THEY KNOW AJ WILL SALE BOXING MORE THAN RUIZ CAUSE FATSO IS NOT GLAMOROUS!

THE PROMOTERS JUST WANT BOXING TO KEEP BEING GLAMOROUS THAT'S WHY THEY SO DESPERATELY WANT AJ BACK WITH THE BELTS

AM NOT BRAGGING BUT ON A GOOD FREE FIGHT, I WILL DEFEAT AJ UNDER 25 MINUTES - THE GUY DOESN'T LAST LONG grin grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by paradigmshift(m): 12:04am On Dec 08, 2019
CaptainMeks:

I am referring to the one you see whenever you stare idiotically into a mirror daily

That generation!

na u i dey see for mirror, ode.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) by m140(m): 12:05am On Dec 08, 2019
slam7000:

Joshua used his height, physique, reach and most especially his jabs effectively in this fight.

I’m impressed with Ruiz, it’s amazing how he kept coming forward, never backed down. He is warrior.

With a much taller and skilful Fury, Joshua need to work very hard and against Deontay Wilder, he need to be at his best.
Aj doesn't have much problem against wilder, its fury

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (82) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. / Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.