Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo (19203 Views)

Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards / Cyriel Dessers Fires All 5 Goals In Genk Big Win / Cyriel Dessers And Paul Onuachu Score To Help Genk Open Season With Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by DamnnNiggarr: 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
AFCON 2021: Maduka Okoye reveals Super Eagles striker he wants to replace Ighalo

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye, has admitted he secretly wants Cyriel Dessers of Feyenoord to replace Al-Shabab striker Odion Ighalo in the 28-man squad for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Interim coach of the team, Augustine Eguavoen, is left with Peter Olayinka, Umar Sadiq and Taiwo Awoniyi, after Ighalo, Victor Osimhen and Paul Onuachu were ruled out of the AFCON.

Ighalo, who was the top scorer at the last edition of the tournament, has been barred by his Saudi Arabian club from joining up with the squad.

Dessers is one of the players who could replace Ighalo, with the 27-year-old scoring four goals in six appearances in the Europa Conference League and another four in only 333 minutes in the Eredivisie.

Although Eguavoen has ruled out any chance of inviting Dessers no matter what happens with Ighalo, Okoye is still praying for some miracle to bring the ex-Utrecht man to Cameroon.

“Victor Osimhen cannot participate and his replacement, Odion Ighalo, is having trouble getting permission from his club in Saudi Arabia,” Okoye told RTV Rijnmond, as per FeyenoordPings.

“If that doesn’t work, I think Dessers should be called up. I secretly still hope for that.”
https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/10/afcon-2021-maduka-okoye-reveals-super-eagles-striker-he-wants-to-replace-ighalo/

8 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by DamnnNiggarr: 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
I'm not a football fan,
Let the football gurus take it from here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by chatinent: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
All we want is a big win
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by SultanOfAbia: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mo salah is not bothered at all.

15 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by bigdammyj: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
Noted
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by EMIRofPUSSY: 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
shocked

A lot of factors contribute to AFCON not being viewed as important by the foreign forces.

Should I continue? grin

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
In other words.. please patronise your guy..
I do freelance photography.. events coverage..
I am also open to travel inter state..

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Pedrokush: 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
Taiwo awoniyi is better than ighalo and dessers combined sad sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by WibusJaga: 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2022

I wonder how these new invitees will blend into a team to play good football. We'll see when they play Egypt tomorrow.
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Lemmy123(m): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

Okoye looks sort of too pretty for a goalkeeper but he's good with his hands... But I'd prefer Uzoho at the goal post, he has more confidence even tho people argue about his age a lot...

I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by nickyj19: 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
All we are saying give us 3 point
we meuvvvvvv
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Otasikwe(m): 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
Maduka okoye don take style become couch b dat

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Lattop1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
Awoniyi should be given the nod, I think he is the right man to replace Osimhen without any doubt

4 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by EmmyDJourno: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
God help us win it, we would have something to rejoice about this 2022cheesy

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Nova1988(m): 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
ah shit!

here we go again!
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Dollarremix(m): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
This AFCON carry follow come confusion join body.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Starboytwo(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2022
Dessers na otu
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
Super Eagles goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye, has admitted he secretly wants Cyriel Dessers of Feyenoord to replace Al-Shabab striker Odion Ighalo in the 28-man squad for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
24 hours to our first match, and dem never replace one of our striker?
Is everything okay laidis?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
Dollarremix:
This AFCON carry follow come confusion join body.
Confusion wey dey break bones anyhow.
We never see dis kind AFCON before true true

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by slimmax: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
As far as bubu na president , mo salah dey, him twin brother mane and that mancity lefter Mahrez, na to manage 3rd place playoff
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Ekpekus(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hope nor be Maduka go dey post o because that guy nor sabi coordinate defense o.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by obontami: 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Rubbish.

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Otasikwe(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2022
Ekpekus:
Hope nor be Maduka go dey post o because that guy nor sabi coordinate defense o.
u get another goalkeeper Maduka is d only hope bros

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by phemmyfour: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
Gutter journalism...It's ridiculous having such incomprehensive write up here on fp
Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by DarkJeddi(m): 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
SultanOfAbia:
Mo salah is not bothered at all.
What exactly did he and his team do,last time out at home?

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Leonbonapart(m): 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Awoniyi is perfect replacement

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by ItrendNaija(m): 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Awoniyi for me. I feel something hooge is coming to the super eagles despite having of our talisman out of the competition.

Re: AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo by Asiri1991: 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
Useless Eagles! Quarter final is your exit point in the tournament. I don't support mediocre. This I have decreed.

#Teamnorthafrica

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Salwa Eid Naser To Miss Tokyo 2020 After Being Handed Two-year Ban / US Consulate Introduces Drone Soccer Competition In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.