Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? (42851 Views)

Download New EP: Starboy – Soundman Vol. 1 (feat. Wizkid) Zip File / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Wizkid - Soundman EP Vol. 1 Ft. Starboy / Download Full Album: Soundman Vol. 1 EP By Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
omokoginimi:
People can hype anything sha. No wonder we have Buhari as president

Hian!

Don't mind these lazy and jobless Nigerian youths with no future ambitions

1 Like

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
NwsBoy:
Fun fact..

Davido cannot walk on the mainland streets alone..(ehim be ajebo)15 years old street boy will ride him

But wizkid--- on his own is a street(original ghetto boy)...

Wizzy best in naija..

Just like messi,Dem no dey talk too much.

Like for wizkid and share for wizkid..

Oshogbo or Ogbomoso weeds.... Which do you smoke?
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2019
Rekhina:
my brother his music is nosey though not type we listen to in dubai

Yea, he sings with his nasal voice. It's easy to be a Rema, just pinch your nostrils together with your fingers and sing.

Dubai music? Arabs and Asians especially Indians are good at producing burial tracks. The kind of music that can make you fall asleep while walking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mcuzy:
I insist u are Deaf
He is not... You smoked weeds that's why you love trash songs
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Zoroaster: 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
Anyone saying this E.p is trash hasn't listened to it Ndi ala..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by NwsBoy: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2019
OyiboOyibo:

Oshogbo or Ogbomoso weeds.... Which do you smoke?

I Neva reach your level na

I still dey struggle with Ajegule weed
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Zoroaster: 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
The "jam" track is so nice mehn!

1 Like

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by olagbola45(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
phoneaide:
Am i the only one that doesnt find wizkid songs interesting?

Who now beg you to find it interesting...did you think you relevant at all?Jokes on you dude doing numbers where it matters not waiting for your motherfucker opinion continue to chase d clout

1 Like

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Basic123: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
Topmaike007:
Baby cover me dey burst brain
I tell you

2 Likes

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Basic123: 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2019
sassiemyk:
Wiz might be popular but his musical prowess is questionable. Sky B too was popular back in the days. Artists like Tekno, Davido, Burna Boy that churns out good musics should be talked about.

Tell me one Tekno good music grin

3 Likes

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Zoroaster: 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
Jamaican's can sing eh.. Damn!! .."jam" is a jam!
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2019
NwsBoy:

I Neva reach your level na
I still dey struggle with Ajegule weed
Try Ondo own and your eyes go clear
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by NwsBoy: 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2019
OyiboOyibo:

No yawa
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Nature8(m): 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
WalkerMichael:
Paid review post i guess..
I listened to the EP this morning and wasn't really impressed.
I miss OLD WIZKID....
This is the REAL WIZZY

Confirm bro
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Chatbot1234: 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
josielewa:
This guys are influencers.. Bro go to twitter and see hyping.....

Wizkid didnt use influencers, stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Ali1st: 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
Synord:
6th of December 2019, Ayodeji Balogun aka Wizkidayo , aka Starboy, aka Machala , aka Sound man after recording a smash hit with Beyonce earlier in the year decided to pull a Beyonce on music listeners across the world by dropping his seven track Extended play entitled entitled " Sound man " .

Machala as he is fondly called decided to drop a surprise EP to wet the appetite of Wizkid FC and music listeners in anticipation of his highly awaited " Made in Lagos" album . After the release of Joro and ghetto love which were received with mixed reactions, Ayo decides to test the waters by dropping this project under the Starboy imprint and as we analyse this body of work, we will see whether indeed Baba bolu proved his Calibre and repute as Africa's biggest contemporary music export .

Producers - Blaqjerzee, London, KelP
Featured Artistes - Chronixx, Djtunez, Blaqjerzee, KelP, London
Label - Starboy

1) Jam featuring Chronixx

On Jam featuring Jamaican artiste, Chronixx, Wizkid gives us an opening reminiscent of his stellar efforts on Sounds from the other side .. Wizkid sings about Jamming the love of his life and begging her to come into his life .The highlight of the track is Chronixx who brings his A game on this track and spices it up with his patois vibes . The trumpet gives this jam , an Afrobeat feel and Wizkid lyrics which is a deviation from what he has been serving us for a while makes listeners hopeful for more . A perfect intro.

2) Blow ft Blaqjerzee

Something about Blow gives a vibe of "low", a song by Larry Gaaga featuring Wizkid which is also produced by the same producer , Blaq Jerzee . Wizkid tells the ladies to blow the trumpet and Jo fun Alhaji. Everything on this track screams Low. A decent track at most .

3) Cover me ft Djtunez

Kel P vibes showed his mastery of Afro beats production on Cover Me featuring Starboy resident disc jockey, Dj Tunez . Wizkid is having fun with the beat , reminiscient of his efforts on the Phantom produced " Master Groove " and Sarz produced " Ghetto youth ", Wizkid focuses more on the vibe and flow rather than lyrical artistry.
. This is Afro beats and Wizkid successfully delivered on this particular track ..One for the shrine .

4) Mine ft KelP

Perphaps the best track on the EP , the song offers the same vibe Wizkid delivered on the dokta frabz produced " Joy " . Wizkid showed his lyrical capacity , vocals and lovely flow on this one .. Laid back with a meaningful message and excellent production from KelP , Mine comes off as an instant classic and hit song .. Wizkid will do well to shoot a video of this song if he doesn't decide to go STFOS with the videos .

5) Electric ft London
London , Producer of Rema's Bad commando shows he is fast becoming a force to reckon with in terms of music production. The tracks so far shows Wizkid attempting to bring us back to those STFOS vibes .

" Say she bust everyday , she day make man craze "..

This sexual vibe which Baba bolu has termed electric vibe is one for the couples and clubs .. A serious whining song for the ladies and a serious stimulant for the production of babies .
A potential hit in the Carribean market too alongside Jam featuring Chronixx.

6) Ease your mind ft KelP

My Personal Favourite ..Kel P once again proves himself a magician . Wizkid goes motivational on this one urging his listeners to take life easy and ease their mind like Mr Eazi eases his mind whenever he is with temi otedola. As usual , the production from KelP is top notch and his input is once again felt on this Afro beats reggae themed project . Wizkid also shows he is fast becoming comfortable with the Afro beats genre , a serious deviation from the pop , Afro pop and rnb vibes which dominated his early days .. a 9/10 for me

7) Thankful ft Blaqjerzee

Okay .. This is the Lamba .. This sounds like the Manya vibe Wizkid gave us with Mutay . A December beer parlour and pepper soup joints Gbedu. Blaqjerzee delivered and Wizkid delivered too.. with a touch of prayer and street slangs , the song is destined to control the streets in a few weeks . The production feels good.

Final Verdict

Wizkid is having fun and catching cruise .. Perphaps following criticisms that trailed his last two offerings , Joro and Ghetto love , Wizkid decides to take us to his STFOS days and show us he is still capable of delivering lyrics and beautifully crafted vibes. The project feels like STFOS part 2 .

Wizkid is experimenting and showing us his versatility as he switches between reggae, Afrobeat , Rnb and some Familiar Carribean vibes .Wizkid is playing safe and little surprise he drops the project under the Starboy imprint.
One thing we can't take away is that Wizkid is good and delivers when he wants to .He is also listening to the reviews and critics ..

He wants to know what to give us in his Made in Lagos album hence the release of this project and also to prove a point to critics who are hell bent on questioning his lyrical capacity and dominance in the Afrobeats genre .This project shows that we might never actually Get our pop influenced Wizkid again as he is heavily influneced by afrobeats on the project. Some of the beats sound too similar but Wizkid manages to give a different flavour to each track .

The production ( beats , mixing and mastering ) is top notch but I think the inclusion of Sarz who have been amazing .Wizkid might also need to consider giving us more of the pop tracks we are familiar with as he seemed to have neglected that completely for Afrobeats .

Considering the recent projects and the excellent pen game therein from acts like Peruzzi , Davido, BurnaBoy and fireboydml, Wizkid might need to improve on his pen game if he is hoping to give us something extraordinary and up to the " New " standard on his album even if that will involve getting some writers .

Overall , SoundMan is for the listeners to enjoy while sipping palmwine , on the beach or laid back somewhere chilling with family and loved ones .Nothing serious , just vibes and cruise as we await Made in Lagos .

Rating - 8/10

Written by Iamsynord
He goes by the Twitter handle @iamsynord
Many of the guys saying rubbish up hear don't have data to listen so dey will end up saying rubbish mtcheeew.if you hear this ep and you still rate it 8 of 10 tell your doc to help your ear and brain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Joarch: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2019
Ease ur mind... mine... cover me... thankful... electrick. in that order for me, much respect to Wiz.

3 Likes

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Zoroaster: 12:39am On Dec 07, 2019
Joarch:
Ease ur mind... mine... cover me... thankful... electrick. in that order for me, much respect to Wiz.
You guys are sleeping on "jam" oo.. Na the best track for me sha..
Chronixx killed it

4 Likes

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by cruzydal(m): 1:07am On Dec 07, 2019
NwsBoy:
Fun fact..

Davido cannot walk on the mainland streets alone..(ehim be ajebo)15 years old street boy will ride him

But wizkid--- on his own is a street(original ghetto boy)...

Wizzy best in naija..

Dem no dey talk too much.

Like for wizkid and share for wizkid..

Why do u derive joy in suffering ? What’s this now ? I grew up on the streets but I swear my children won’t ever have that feeling .its bullshit life Na once . Dem no dey use poverty brag
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by ideylaff: 3:01am On Dec 07, 2019
omoadeleye:

So you expected someone to be living in their past just because you love them? Bro, if you can't move on leave other people to move on.

LOL.... some people have not switched on to the new Wizzy.... his musis now has a wider audience and appeal so hes has inovated and brought
people to the table to do things together.....

dont worry you will appreciate Wizzy later
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Xkalaban(m): 3:04am On Dec 07, 2019
Wizzy came thru on this. The songs are on point, fat tunes and the lyrics are well delivered. I don't care what a musician's subject matter is about so long the person is musical with it. I give him a Nikee..... wink

2 Likes

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Trueyarn(m): 4:02am On Dec 07, 2019
Kel P vibes did a great job... But he needs to get his sax game up, every sax melody on his beat was off key.

1 Like

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by ayoshyne(m): 4:06am On Dec 07, 2019
kaziblake:
But Joro is so cool..Who hates joro music is deaf..

Who gets satisfied or judge an an artiste good on just one sweet track. Have a rethink and u will know he's no more at par with what we know him as from way back. Back in the days, u will click on play again when listening to his album cos of all the sweet tracks. Imagine skipping plenty tracks just to get to only Jojo. #spits#
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by kingjrofficial(m): 4:48am On Dec 07, 2019
OyiboOyibo:

weed is overrated
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by NwsBoy: 6:56am On Dec 07, 2019
cruzydal:

Why do u derive joy in suffering ? What’s this now ? I grew up on the streets but I swear my children won’t ever have that feeling .its bullshit life Na once . Dem no dey use poverty brag

You need to start reading with understanding..

Wizkid started from the street and now he is a made man....
No one is bragging about poverty,
You can't compare someone that had nothing..but worked hard to become rich.....with someone that was born into riches.

Once a street boy but now a big man..is always wiser and have more understanding of life(as a poor man and as arich man) that burn a big man.
So..no one is bragging about poverty.

Only acknowledging the fact that he got out of the street.
If you are a true street boy you will understand that it is not easy to make it on the street..

1 Like

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by jaxxy(m): 6:59am On Dec 07, 2019
sassiemyk:
Wiz might be popular but his musical prowess is questionable. Sky B too was popular back in the days. Artists like Tekno, Davido, Burna Boy that churns out good musics should be talked about.

Wiz is gifted with the voice bt how to use that voice I’m not quite sure he’s maximized it like how Tekno, Davido and Burna Boy have. Luckily he sounds good even if he signs rubbish cos he worked hard in his early days and paid his dues in sm way bt he hasn’t maximized his potential that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Olamilekxy(m): 7:09am On Dec 07, 2019
GeneralPula:
I like him for sure but I hardly listen to his song! Just don’t know why!!
Pls try to listen to th EP,
Am sure you gonna change your mind
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Olamilekxy(m): 7:15am On Dec 07, 2019
Jaynom:
Wizkid has no content. He needs to stop saying "Baby girl" in his songs

Have you listen to the EP?
Go an listen to ease your mind on that EP, and come back to modify.

MACHALA
Re: Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know? by Basic123: 7:20am On Dec 07, 2019
jaxxy:

Wiz is gifted with the voice bt how to use that voice I’m not quite sure he’s maximized it like how Tekno, Davido and Burna Boy have. Luckily he sounds good even if he signs rubbish cos he worked hard in his early days and paid his dues in sm way bt he hasn’t maximized his potential that’s for sure.
Please, stop mentioning TEKNO grin

Tekno maximize what?

using Tekno as standard for whizkid?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'A Good Time': Davido's Album Hits 1 Billion Streams As Obama DMW Tackles Troll / Dagrin Vs Olamide: Who Raps Better / Throwback: Do You Still Remember These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.