Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat (2726 Views)

I'm Selling My Volkswagen Foreign Used / I Want To Swap My Volkswagen Jetta Manual To ANY Automatic Vehicle in Ibadan / 2010 Tokunbo Passat CC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by eRex(m): 11:09am On Dec 07, 2019
noble71:

wow! naija used without problems? bro who helps you inspect your vehicles before buying?

Did it myself

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Smartchoiice:

You don't have what it takes to own a VW.

Yes, you may be right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Asquare84:

I am going to buy the car for 250 k
Tinamoore:

Yes, you may be right
Did you know that:
Pretty much every significant service requires removing the engine due to nonexistent working space. Changing the special $500 electronic thermostat is one such. And did you know this car has a water-cooled alternator?

Also your car is a W8 not a V8!
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
nurey:

if it is still the Passat V8 that you put up forsale before, go back to your thread and bump it, it is a collectors item and a rare vehicle people already made you good offers, don't expect anything big because maintenance of the Engine is Paramount to finding a buyer.

You don't want to ill maintain a VW product. Besides the vehicle doesn't command good resale value my uncle sold his Audi equivalent wagon which is what people buy for 180k but yours should be more expensive.

Please can you help me get a buyer. 300k
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
Asquare84:

I am going to buy the car for 250 k
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
nurey:

if it is still the Passat V8 that you put up forsale before, go back to your thread and bump it, it is a collectors item and a rare vehicle people already made you good offers, don't expect anything big because maintenance of the Engine is Paramount to finding a buyer.

You don't want to ill maintain a VW product. Besides the vehicle doesn't command good resale value my uncle sold his Audi equivalent wagon which is what people buy for 180k but yours should be more expensive.

Yes, it is
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by nurey(m): 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
Tinamoore:

Please can you help me get a buyer. 300k

Go back to your thread and do the needful, you were asked for current interior pix and Engine bay pix and you never cared to upload them, interested buyers were just waiting for those to show more Interest.

As long as the W8 Engine is still in good condition you will get a buyer at what price is what am not certain of.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by greatstephenho(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
Raysleek:

I no dey produce car but I dey produce Sense. But it's not for sale. But I get one very neat abandoned Passat 2.0 in case you wan buy.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by radautoworks: 8:09am On Dec 08, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Did you know that:
Pretty much every significant service requires removing the engine due to nonexistent working space. Changing the special $500 electronic thermostat is one such. And did you know this car has a water-cooled alternator?

Also your car is a W8 not a V8!

Take it easy. I know her. Problem is the car is too far or we would have taken care of it. I recommend sell too. She took good care of it while she had it as far we I know.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2019
radautoworks:

Take it easy. I know her. Problem is the car is too far or we would have taken care of it. I recommend sell too. She took good care of it while she had it as far we I know.
She will be better off without that VW experimental vehicle.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by orahfrancis(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2019
Oga u did not show the picture of the engine bay. I wouldn't know if urs is German spec or America. If its America please sell it off at any amount if its German i suggest u change the complete engine with the gear box. I use one i bought since 2013 i can tell u its the best car one can own tho its a manual tyranny. And i hope to get another one if i sell off.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by KINGreignn: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tinamoore:

Tina, I'm gonna be very blunt and frank with you on this. You know nothing about cars but went ahead to buy a very complex, highly over engineered car which happened to unfortunately be the most unreliable vw sedan after the vw phaeton.

Be glad if you see anyone having 150k to buy that Passat B5.5 as its got poor resale value and its having overheating problem/transmission ish.

Dont be offended by my comment but look at it as a realist comment.
This is my own 1 kobo

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
KINGreignn:

Tina, I'm gonna be very blunt and frank with you on this. You know nothing about cars but went ahead to buy a very complex, highly over engineered car which happened to unfortunately be the most unreliable vw sedan after the vw phaeton.

Be glad if you see anyone having 150k to buy that Passat B5.5 as its got poor resale value and its having overheating problem/transmission ish.

Dont be offended by my comment but look at it as a realist comment.
This is my own 1 kobo

Thanks for your honest opinion. But I can't sell it for for 150k. Its not that bad

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 11:23am On Dec 11, 2019
Urgent sale!!. 250k. Someone help me get people that buy car to resell in parts. Location is owerri
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by KINGreignn: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Tinamoore:
Urgent sale!!. 250k. Someone help me get people that buy car to resell in parts. Location is owerri
If those parts sellers get this car, they'll not pay more than 120k, tust me.

I would had loved to buy this car honestly, but I just concluded my wedding last weekend.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
KINGreignn:

If those parts sellers get this car, they'll not pay more than 120k, tust me.

I would had loved to buy this car honestly, but I just concluded my wedding last weekend.

Congrats and happy married life!!!
It should be more than that. My mum sold her old abandoned BMW for 100k.
Actually some people have shown serious interest at a higher price. Location is the problem I am having
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by mickykhe(m): 2:02am On Dec 15, 2019
Madam location shouldn't be ur problem, drive, push or even force dat car to Onitsha and kW was up with it, if u can't fix it up then sell it there. Get a mechanic on Sunday to drive the car down for u. Worst worst it won't take u up to 7hours to get there from owerri no matter how bad the car is, don't give up on the car yet.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 6:25am On Dec 15, 2019
mickykhe:
Madam location shouldn't be ur problem, drive, push or even force dat car to Onitsha and kW was up with it, [b]if u can't fix it up then sell it there. [/b]Get a mechanic on Sunday to drive the car down for u. Worst worst it won't take u up to 7hours to get there from owerri no matter how bad the car is, don't give up on the car yet.

Thanks. What if it can't be fixed there and I don't see a buyer too. I am already making plans of replacement without selling it.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by nurey(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2019
Tinamoore:

Thanks. What if it can't be fixed there and I don't see a buyer too. I am already making plans of replacement without selling it.

if you can get the car to Lagos, I would offer you a free 2months parking space well secured but you must do aggressive marketing to dispose off of the vehicle within that 2months.

Please I am not interested in the vehicle 2months free well secured spot only. T&C applies
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by mickykhe(m): 8:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Tinamoore:

These are the two things that can never happen in onitsha,(Unable to fix and unable to sale). Those should be least of ur worry for now.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by radautoworks: 9:40am On Dec 15, 2019
nurey:

if you can get the car to Lagos, I would offer you a free 2months parking space well secured but you must do aggressive marketing to dispose off of the vehicle within that 2months.

Please I am not interested in the vehicle 2months free well secured spot only. T&C applies

That's the problem. If she could have done that I'd have helped her with the fix. Single mom picking up the pieces.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 15, 2019
radautoworks:

That's the problem. If she could have done that I'd have helped her with the fix. Single mom picking up the pieces.

Sweet of you
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 15, 2019
nurey:

I need parking space too
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2019
nurey:

Thanks so much for offering to help. I appreciate. Unfortunately, I don't want to spend on it again for fear the overheating may persist.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Tinamoore(f): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2019
radautoworks:

Sure Ma, I know you would have done it and even more. Thanks for always caring. kiss

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 16, 2019
Tinamoore:

Thanks so much for offering to help. I appreciate. Unfortunately, I don't want to spend on it again for fear the overheating may persist.
If it's overheating. Keep calm...let radautoworks handle it. Alternatively you can invite kingreign down or wait for a gazzuzz visit... he will surely be in the east very soon... You have come so far and so close to breakthrough. I learnt your car is also a V6 engine not the dreaded W8.
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by kingreign(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
Smartchoiice:

If it's overheating. Keep calm...let radautoworks handle it. Alternatively you can invite kingreign Smartchoiice down or wait for a gazzuzz visit... he will surely be in the east very soon... You have come so far and so close to breakthrough. I learnt your car is also a V6 engine not the dreaded W8.

Fixed!!
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by mejai(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
kingreign:

Fixed!!
grin
Re: I Need Advice Regarding My Volkswagen Passat by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
kingreign:

Fixed!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap 2017 Foreign Used Benz GLA250 4matic / Tok Hyundia Elantra 2010 Sold Sold Sold / Toyota Camry 2003 - Like New. Be The First To Register It In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.