Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,347 members, 7,868,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

No. 1 Mistake Job Seekers Make - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / No. 1 Mistake Job Seekers Make (199 Views)

A Common Mistake Some Job Seekers Make In English / Mention One Mistake Job Seekers Make When Writing A Cv/Cover Letter / 20 Common Errors Job Seekers Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No. 1 Mistake Job Seekers Make by Kelben: 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
One of my company’s most popular YouTube videos is about answering the question, “why do you want this job?” in an interview. Ironically, we get a ton (I mean a ton!), of snarky comments posted on it as well. They all say something like,

“Well Duh. I want the job because I need money to live.”
I realize people think they’re being funny. But truthfully, lots of people make the mistake of coming across as money-hungry in interviews – and it costs them the job. The fact you expect to be paid is understood. But, when you imply it’s the main reason you’re looking for a new job, it sends the wrong message to employers. Here’s why…

Money is a short-term motivator.
While money can buy you things and make you feel more secure, the joy you feel once you start the job fades pretty quickly. As you get into the routine of doing your job and paying your bills, the thrill drops off. All that’s left is the work itself. This means, if you don’t like what you’re doing, you’ll be miserable. For example…

He took the hazard pay and regretted it soon after.
I once knew a job seeker who was desperate to make more money. Against my advice, he agreed to take a read more here>>http://www.successdigestonline.com/no-1-mistake-job-seekers-make-when-explaining-why-they-want-the-job-to-hiring-managers/

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Manager And Influencer Wanted In Abuja. / Broadcast Journalist At BBC Pidgin Service / Mining Engineer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.