Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Another Website Designed By Me - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Another Website Designed By Me (1276 Views)

How Can I Redirect The “continue Reading Html Links” To Another Website / Just Another Website Review Post / Talented Webmaster Needed For Another Website Design..................(2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Website Designed By Me by afrobaby(f): 11:16am On Nov 25, 2010
wat do u think abt this website?
www.industrialattachment.com
Constructive criticism please, am still new to webdesigning ,u know
Thanks for always beng there
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by drone99(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2010
Looks like a good layout, with good finishing though.

1. Get rid of the white faces, try using black models.

2. Make the banner more colourful, try animation if possible.

3. The Social networking sites icons are not linked, you can also find free icons that look more better.

4. The links on the 'Top Companies' logos are dead.

5. I think you should take out the pop-up menu on the footer links.

In my honest opinion, modify the homepage and redesign the inner pages.

Best.
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by yawatide(f): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2010
1) I would add a border around the content area as currently, it looks like everything is floating
2) Links in footer have "funny" drop up(?) menus. Why?
3) Add border=0, to your twitter icon on home page
4) Clicking around, not all pages are the same. Inconsistency isn't good for usability.
5) 4 bullets at bottom of page are bleeding through purple content area (home page)
6) blank section on contact page
7) Right column: On home page, there are 4 thumb nails but on contact page, there are 5. Not consistent.
8 ) use uniform font throughout the site
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by afrobaby(f): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2010
Thanks for ur comments, that are really appreciated,
I intentionally decided not to link the company logos to their websites,
but really,my problem is , I designed the index page myself but the other ones, I used xoops, and this is my first time using a cms, not good at it, really difficult, I will not mind if u can offer a helping hand, lol
thx
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by liaslo1(m): 10:36am On Nov 26, 2010
am still new to webdesigning ,u know

so when are you going to stop calling your self a beginner and also when do you start web design?

people wey dem start this month wetin make dem call dem self ni?
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by afrobaby(f): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2010
if{baslo calls me a beginner}, then , I am anexpert
else
I am a guru
lol
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by liaslo1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2010
afrobaby:

if{baslo calls me a beginner}, then , I am anexpert
else
I am a guru
lol

i'm not calling you a Guru, but only asking when you stop calling yourself a beginner and when exactly do you start webdesigning so i can know what i can call myself when yu are still a beginner. grin
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by Cactus(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2010
Hope you realize that each of your sections are independent, that means people will have to have different logins for the students, forum.

u could have used joomla for everything instead of joomla, wordpress and phpbb on separate installs. Look more into joomla components. or if u want to keep the three apps, you can look for a modification that can unify the three systems together to use a single login and to maintain session states.

Sniffles
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by afrobaby(f): 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2010
@cactus, I didnt use joomla, I used xoops, and they are consistent and dependent, it requires just one registration, the only thing i used aside xoops and its module is wordpress, and dat doesnt need registration be4 posting
thx
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by yawatide(f): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2010
Let's not lose sight of d koko of this post folks.

OP: so based on replies #1 and #2, which of those have you implemented or will you be implementing?  The most important thing to me isn't the responses you get but that you have learned from those who have offered their (free) advice and have actually applied them otherwise, why did we bother?
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by afrobaby(f): 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

1) I would add a border around the content area as currently, it looks like everything is floating
I felt l;ike designing a site without a container so to speak, but I will think abt it, d owner already said he loves it dat way

yawa-ti-de:

Links in footer have "funny" drop up(?) menus. Why?
Its the java script I used that made it that way, I will remove it from the footer though

yawa-ti-de:

Add border=0, to your twitter icon on home page
Ok

yawa-ti-de:

Clicking around, not all pages are the same. Inconsistency isn't good for usability.
They are not all d same cos I deisgned the index and contact pages myself but used xoops for theforum and others, will try to fix those too

yawa-ti-de:

4 bullets at bottom of page are bleeding through purple content area (home page)
Cant see this myself

yawa-ti-de:

blank section on contact page
Contact details not yet supplied by the owner

yawa-ti-de:

Right column: On home page, there are 4 thumb nails but on contact page, there are 5. Not consistent.
ok

yawa-ti-de:

use uniform font throughout the site
ok
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by bug24(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
yeah, yawa mentioned something like, why would the footer menu have a pop-up that pops up? lol

and me i;d say, W.T.F

u tried joo but one particular inconsistency i discovered is on the FOLLOW US BUTTONS.

the twitter one (i think) says follow us on twitter while the FACEBOOK own says follow me on facebook.

u dig? its either its US or We or Me. choose one and the Lord shall set you free. grin

by d way,, where are these two guyz that fights because of women in here? DonJazzy and DC, where una dey? ( i don dey miss una o) (gay traits lol).
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by yawatide(f): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
4 bullets at bottom of page are bleeding through purple content area (home page)
Cant see this myself

Please find screenshot attached. By the way, I browse *exclusively* with firefox and as a developer, you should make this browser your benchmark, if not already.

Re: Another Website Designed By Me by anibest: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2010
Pls can somebody help me to write hmtl codes for tracking in my website.My website is www.genshippingcorporation.com

You cannot track the containers in the website.Please i need help.write the codes

Regards
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by geogex4u(m): 1:12am On Nov 29, 2010
Try statcounter.com, although I've not used it I heard its gud, u can also use your cpanel
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by Hoodrat(m): 1:28am On Nov 29, 2010
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by Jencejyde(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

Please find screenshot attached. By the way, I browse *exclusively* with FIREFOX and as a developer, you should make this browser your benchmark, if not already.

Bolded and well said
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by DualCore1: 11:02am On Nov 29, 2010
bug24:

by d way,, where are these two guyz that fights because of women in here? DonJazzy and DC, where una dey? ( i don dey miss una o) (gay traits lol).
Mehn I just tire, I dey try round up all coding jobs for the year today cuz my head will soon burst with all the pending personal projects in it. So I am trying to keep away from this place and its babes grin

anibest:

Pls can somebody help me to write hmtl codes for tracking in my website.My website is www.genshippingcorporation.com

You cannot track the containers in the website.Please i need help.write the codes

Regards
What is your budget if this were to be a one-time licensed web application?
What is your budget if this were to be a recurrent (monthly) licensed web application?

Hoodrat:

I'm an Art designer , i intend to create a good business strategy for my work by creating a shop website where people can easily purchase my art work by credit card,western union,money bookers and all on the website, Can anybody help with this i need a professional website designer please. my email is joecompiment@yahoo.com,
What is your budget?
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by anibest: 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2010
Thanks geogex4u,i will try the codes and if it works,i will still get back to you.I hail you.
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by geogex4u(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
No shakin my guy, gud luck
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by DualCore1: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2010
wait, is there something I am missing? Anibest is asking for the feature to be able to allow import export customers track their goods in transit and geogex is offering anibest a site to track number of visitors on a website?
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by bug24(m): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2010
@DC, u no see as i stand dey look? am not even sure if its the poster or the postee thats confused or is it me thats getting confused by wot my eyes are reading?
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by anibest: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2010
Thanks Dual Core ,you exactly know what i want,please can you assist me in getting the right codes.Or you can recommend someone that you u know.I hail you bros,you too much.
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by DualCore1: 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2010
bug24:

@DC, u no see as i stand dey look? am not even sure if its the poster or the postee thats confused or is it me thats getting confused by wot my eyes are reading?
LoL for a minute I thought I was the one misunderstanding things.

anibest:

Thanks Dual Core ,you exactly know what i want,please can you assist me in getting the right codes.Or you can recommend someone that you u know.I hail you bros,you too much.
Do you have a budget for this job? I mean how much have you set aside to get this done. You can give a range.
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by dlox01(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
una wicked jor, On one page of this site you guys have mentioned everything as being wrong apart from the background of the page and you still call it good?LMAO, una no try,
change the this change the that change the this change the that, na wa for una, lol
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by freshp(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2010
The site is really good
i wish i could do better. . .i started designing websites sometimes ago but got stuck with adding javascripts to the pages
i will soon post a link to the site.
BTW afrobaby i just want to use this opportunity to apologize for the incident that occured in the FTA thread.
please kindly visit the thread to fully understand what i wanted to imply. i have been searching for a way to get in touch with you since.

i will need your expertise soon.
1nce again am sorry.
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by dlox01(m): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2010
^^^^ Apology accepted, now move on with it, angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by afrobaby(f): 12:19am On Dec 30, 2010
dlox01:

^^^^ Apology accepted, now move on with it, angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin
Can u imagine, na u be afrobaby,
anyway, freshp, apology humbly accepted.
Re: Another Website Designed By Me by dlox01(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2011
afrobaby:

Can u imagine, na u be afrobaby,
anyway, freshp, apology humbly accepted.
no mind me, just trying to get under his skin, hope u guys r gud?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Php/mysql / Good Host For High-traffic\commercial Website / I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.