Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 (33101 Views)

Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Liverpool (0 - 3) On 7th December 2019 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 7th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by ghettokid1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Actually na him papa make mistake for the birth certificate come write Willian tongue
No be lie bro

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Hallabee1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
DownChelsea:
ABEG WETIN CHELSEA PLAY?
ask the gods
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by boninho: 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
jelel6:
We won games when Kante was absent. Jorginho and Kovacic are very technical players and understand how to control the midfield with precise passing and movements. We played our best football with both on the pitch.

Kante will always play if fit, I get. Kante is very good at box to box roles nowadays so playing with Kovacic who drives forward too perfectly suite Jorginho because he stays back.

Now Mount is a good player. But he doesn't actually contributes directly in goal scoring. He's score a few but what does he give when he's not scoring? He's poor passing and looses balls everytime. Attacks breaks down with he's poor execution of passes.

Play a proper 4-3-3. Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic is a potential world class midfield. more solidity at the back and we'll still score goals.
Boss, you will certainly win some games, but you have to analyse the level of threat the opponents you won posed...so it doesn't work like that...if you play Jorginho as the deep lying playmaker, Kovacic can't operate as a left sided midfielder. Nobody will cover for the LB when he pushes forward because naturally, Kovacic will drift inside. Same problem with Jorginho as the right sided midfield if you play Kante as the holding midfielder. Due to their characteristics, only two can start... especially away from home where teams get a bit bolder...with Chelsea's inverted wingers, there's more ground for midfielders to cover if you play 4 3 3
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Tookool(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
Realfrankie:
Another banger
Big banger

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by karzyharsky(m): 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2019
Sweet my belle as Chelsea lose 2da
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by tetula123(m): 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
boninho:

Boss, you will certainly win some games, but you have to analyse the level of threat the opponents you won posed...so it doesn't work like that...if you play Jorginho as the deep lying playmaker, Kovacic can't operate as a left sided midfielder. Nobody will cover for the LB when he pushes forward because naturally, Kovacic will drift inside. Same problem with Jorginho as the right sided midfield if you play Kante as the holding midfielder. Due to their characteristics, only two can start... especially away from home where teams get a bit bolder...with Chelsea's inverted wingers, there's more ground for midfielders to cover if you play 4 3 3
Bro that guys analysis was apt. He played 4-2-3-1 today. It hasn’t helped since mason tends to be useless. So why not stick with the normal 4-1-2-3 that way kovacic and kante are free to roam and move high up the pitch as well as defend. And that defense damn they need overhaul and that keeper na to loan am go championship

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by thundafire: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
They will fast and pray for der sister in arms to lose my beloved United and dey will still laugh at Arsenal
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by jelel6: 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
boninho:

When you said only "two can start" I was really lost on your tangent. The 3 of them played majority of last season in a flat 4-3-3. They all played against Liverpool both games (They were all magnificent), Against Man city, they were great because of the control we have in midfield in the first 30 minutes.

It's obvious that having Kovacic-Kante pairing wasn't a remedy for defensive lapses. they've started several games and we conceded in all of them, and score few or fire blanks.

it's somehow funny when you believe a 4-2-3-1 actually protects the fullbacks better than a 4-3-3. Just think about all the teams who employed high-flying fullbacks in recent past and the formation used. Barca, Bayern, Madrid, Liverpool, City.

See, Mount does work hard but his contribution is farther away from our defensive third. He helps the pressing to upfield which gives us opportunity to counter immediately.

Jorginho moves the ball better than anyone quickly and consistent. he finds an angle. But he's also a primary defensive midfielder. A Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic brings greater balance than anyone that includes Mount. Talkless of the Kante-Kovacic variant with one less natural defensive midfielder.

Funny how Lampards thinks the 3 could play against the big teams and not against the smaller teams.

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by xcelentattitude(m): 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
ginovera:

See consolation grin

Nobody expected Chelsea to be 4th on the table na, even die hard Chelsea fans, truth be told. Anything within the top 4 is a win at the end of the season.
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by xcelentattitude(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
OyiboOyibo:

Encourage yourself

Nobody expected Chelsea to be 4th on the table na, even die hard Chelsea fans, truth be told. Anything within the top 4 is a win at the end of the season.
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by xcelentattitude(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
Frankiss44:

And they can win the champions league?

Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Lush100(m): 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Chelsea's been playing well especially when Tammy, mount and Co are playing.
Football is football. E can never say never sometimes.
From an arsenal fan.

xcelentattitude:

Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Eldon2020(m): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
T'was a good game though
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by DelphiOracle(m): 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
Jamesilvar:
Chelsea better sign players. The youth don tire already.
that's a fact. Its not easy play 90 mins week in week out.
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by DelphiOracle(m): 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2019
Jamesilvar:
Chelsea better sign players. The youth don tire already.
those guys are tired. It's not easy playing 90 mins week in week out
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Kastrom: 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Actually na him papa make mistake for the birth certificate come write Willian tongue

grin
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by kiddkash(m): 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
ghettokid1:

Fine! All i know is that if chelshit disappoint me man city will not
hahaha keep dreaming
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by VanPOLICE: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2019
mansakhalifa:
How is it that Chelsea are struggling against this Everton team? sad
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

And let nobody tell me it's all down to Everton's new coach cos Chelsea are shambolic today.

3-1

*** who else thinks Kepa could have done better on that one?
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by EbukaHades10(m): 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
ghettokid1:

Fine! All i know is that if chelshit disappoint me man city will not
Seems like they are
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Robenna(m): 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
Kogbaski:
Chelsea in trouble
I Dont Know Why I Enjoy Chelsea Lose
Its like When U won UCL Final
Kogbaski:
Chelsea in trouble
Kogbaski:
Chelsea in trouble
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Simisima(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
am in shock
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
Reussite:
The next defeat I would love to see is Man Citys' but that one would be a little hard.
If United can do the needful & get a point at least then I can confidently state Liverpool is 90% with the trophy already. wink

Congrat you got your wish
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by kinzation(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
openmine:

Guy cant you see he is lying?
How can manutd and mancity play a prem match during a champions league week?
grin
I know say na whyning now
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Reussite: 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

Congrat you got your wish
Yes my wish granted in full! cheesy wink
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by cassyrooy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Angelfrost:

Guy, it's normal in football, business, and life... Every top club goes through such rough patches... It's far worse if the league is highly competitive like EPL and Serie A (to a lesser degree).
Yeah, perfectly understandable.

Today's result just wasn't what I had anticipated, but we move.
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by Ryocaj(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
cassyrooy:
I understand these.

Factors are responsible for decline in any organization or entity. For GB, it was the wars.

For United, it is well, post-Ferguson era confusion.
Same thing with Arsenal.. they got so used to those two coaches over the years.. n wen they left.. it became a big problem..
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by boninho: 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
jelel6:

When you said only "two can start" I was really lost on your tangent. The 3 of them played majority of last season in a flat 4-3-3. They all played against Liverpool both games (They were all magnificent), Against Man city, they were great because of the control we have in midfield in the first 30 minutes.

It's obvious that having Kovacic-Kante pairing wasn't a remedy for defensive lapses. they've started several games and we conceded in all of them, and score few or fire blanks.

it's somehow funny when you believe a 4-2-3-1 actually protects the fullbacks better than a 4-3-3. Just think about all the teams who employed high-flying fullbacks in recent past and the formation used. Barca, Bayern, Madrid, Liverpool, City.

See, Mount does work hard but his contribution is farther away from our defensive third. He helps the pressing to upfield which gives us opportunity to counter immediately.

Jorginho moves the ball better than anyone quickly and consistent. he finds an angle. But he's also a primary defensive midfielder. A Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic brings greater balance than anyone that includes Mount. Talkless of the Kante-Kovacic variant with one less natural defensive midfielder.

Funny how Lampards thinks the 3 could play against the big teams and not against the smaller teams.

I understand you better now...but come to think of it....4 3 3 requires midfielders well technically gifted...look at the teams you mentioned, Barca Bayern, Mancity....these guys control 60% of possession on average. I feel 4 3 3 for Chelsea is more potent against big sides because the opponents want to play. A trio of Kovacic,Kante, Jorginho cannot offer enough penetration for highly defensive teams operating with low blocks when out of possession. It becomes more tricky if their transition is very quick with pacy players. Kovacic and Jorginho are not that blessed with pace for recovery.
Re: Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 7th December 2019 by jelel6: 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
boninho:

I understand you better now...but come to think of it....4 3 3 requires midfielders well technically gifted...look at the teams you mentioned, Barca Bayern, Mancity....these guys control 60% of possession on average. I feel 4 3 3 for Chelsea is more potent against big sides because the opponents want to play. A trio of Kovacic,Kante, Jorginho cannot offer enough penetration for highly defensive teams operating with low blocks when out of possession. It becomes more tricky if their transition is very quick with pacy players. Kovacic and Jorginho are not that blessed with pace for recovery.

Kante has the least technique but he's still very much okay.

Chelsea average more than 60% percent possession since last season. We're actually the first team to dominate possession stats at the Etihad since Pep.

Individually, our defenders aren't good enough. They should buy 3 players between now and Next season. A CB, Koulibaly is perfect. LB, Chilwell is okay. And a left-footed winger, Ziyech is perfect.

Abraham is scoring. But I think a striker should give more than goals in the modern game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 17th January 2021 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea - (0 - 0) On 24th October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.