Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

God Go Punish The Next Person That Tells Me To Do It For "Exposure" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / God Go Punish The Next Person That Tells Me To Do It For "Exposure" (436 Views)

Tag That One Person That Was Brilliant Back In Secondary School / Do You Know Any Successful Person That Didn't Attend Any School? / "I Swear To Man You People Na God Go Punish You" - Kiss Daniel Blast GWW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Go Punish The Next Person That Tells Me To Do It For "Exposure" by Tangmaniandevil(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2019
Once upon a time when I was young, dumb and broke...

Something told me that if I offered my services for free, I would get paying customers.

(E no go better for that something)

Being young, dumb and broke, I decided to give it a try.

At that point in my life, I was consulting freelance for people who wanted to start online businesses.

I know what you're thinking. Online business consulting? For Naija?

Yes... like I said earlier...

I dinnor have sense.

Anyway... so when I put up the offer on facebook...

If you see rush...

My inbox wan full to overflowing.

There was only one BIG problem.

Nobody was buying. They will just come, ask what they want... I will give them all the advice in the world.

But when I talk money, they will disappear.

I was still doing this till one day, my mentor abused my life and taught me an important lesson.

There is a big difference between FREE and paying clients.

Free clients will come, use and then dump you when you try to get them to pay.

Paying clients, on the other hand, understand the value of what you bring to the table and they are happy to pay you for it.

I got out of that business but that lesson has stayed with me.

And hopefully it will now stay with you.

Bleep FREE. Also never do anything for clout (exposure).

If you can't deposit it in the bank or use it to pay your bills, it is NOT an acceptable form of payment for your hustle.

Amen, Somborri?

1 Like

Re: God Go Punish The Next Person That Tells Me To Do It For "Exposure" by healthserve(m): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
Do not fall for that shio
Re: God Go Punish The Next Person That Tells Me To Do It For "Exposure" by Tangmaniandevil(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
Yeah.

I had to learn through bad experience

healthserve:
Do not fall for that shio

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Single Habit That Helps Millionaires In Their Chosen Career / Please How True Is This Nairaland / The Best Skill You Can Learn In This Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.