Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,714 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police (581 Views)

Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him / Slay King Killed For Stealing iPhone And Laptop In Edo. Graphic Photos / Photo Of The Anambra Teacher Killed For Flogging A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by GistWorld(f): 12:54am On Dec 07, 2019
An 18-year-old boy has allegedly been shot dead by a police officer because he retaliated when the officer slapped him.

Awuzie Duru, 18, was allegedly killed within the premises of a new generation bank branch at Umuaka on Sunday, December 1.

According to reports, Awuzie, popularly known as Aboy, from Isiozi Aka in Umuaka, Imo state, had gone to the bank to withdraw money from the bank’s ATM gallery. The boy took his space on the line and other newcomers took their place behind him.

After a while, Awuzie left the line to answer a call. When he returned to take his place on the ATM queue, the bank customer who was behind him refused to let him back on the line.

This led to a verbal confrontation. A policeman present witnessed the confrontation but did not interfere.

The fight soon turned physical and the policeman got involved and started scolding Awuzie.

According to The Nation, Awuzie then told the officer that he refused to do anything when the were simply exchanging words but wants to scold him now that it has turned into a physical fight.

At this, the officer reportedly slapped Awuzie for talking back at him. Awuzie slapped back and the officer allegedly shot him.

18-year-old boy allegedly shot dead by police officer because he retaliated when the officer slapped him

The boy's killing stirred up tension in the town as the youths in the area began planning an attack on the police station.

According to village sources, the youths mobilised to attack the police station but some elders appealed to them to allow the police hierarchy handle the matter.

An elder in the area told The Nation: "I can tell you that the boys were not happy with the matter is that policeman killed the boy over an altercation. So, they had mobilised to burn down the station to show their anger and loss.

"But, some of us had to intervene because this kind of thing has happened here before about 15 years ago when some policemen caused the death of some people in Umuaka here and our youths burned down the police station. So we don’t want this kind of thing to happen anymore.

"Some of them are still planning to launch an attack but we’re still appealing to them."

The state police commissioner, Rabiu Ladodo confirmed the incident. He added that the command was doing everything possible to contain any further crisis that might arise from the incident.

Ladodo also disclosed that the policeman involved had been arrested and will be punished if found guilty.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/18-yrs-old-boy-allegedly-killed-for.html

Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by GistWorld(f): 12:55am On Dec 07, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by mattjunior(m): 12:56am On Dec 07, 2019
Sad sad
Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by donstan18: 12:57am On Dec 07, 2019
The policeman had no right whatsoever to shoot the boy.

But why on earth will a boy of 18 years old slap a policeman, knowing fully well that out of shame, he might do something disastrous?
Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by greatnaija01: 1:04am On Dec 07, 2019
That police man is just heartless. Why are there no GUN CONTROL LAWS so that emotionally trigger happy cops wont have guns
Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 07, 2019
donstan18:
The policeman had no right whatsoever to shoot the boy.

But why on earth will a boy of 18 years old slap a policeman, knowing fully well that out of shame, he might do something disastrous?

As in... And him no even get connect sef... Na wa
Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by saintvc(m): 1:31am On Dec 07, 2019
It cannot be a Yoruba guy...Yoruba no get mind slap person....
Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by CAPSLOCKED: 2:07am On Dec 07, 2019
greatnaija01:
That police man is just heartless. Why are there no GUN CONTROL LAWS so that emotionally trigger happy cops wont have guns

SMALL SENSE LIKE THIS, WOULD HAVE KEPT THIS BOY ALIVE. HE KILLED HIMSELF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by SniperSmurf(m): 4:28am On Dec 07, 2019
The boy should RIP. Thunder go fire that murdering police. Some cops no suppose dey carry gun. angry
Re: 18-yrs Old Boy Allegedly Killed For Retaliating The Slap Given To Him By Police by wittyt98(m): 5:36am On Dec 07, 2019
Sad but the boy shouldn't have retaliated. many Nigeria police men are illiterates, they lack proper training on human rights and how to use guns. bunch of trigger happy motherfuckers looking for who to vent their frustration on.

The same thing once happened to me at the ATM buh thank God I didn't retaliate maybe I'd be dead by now who knows. a policeman met a long queue at the ATM ,elderly and young people standing under the scorching sun waiting to use the TM, I was next in line to withdraw when the idiot came from nowhere and tried using the Police influence to break the orderliness. baba tried forcing his way, he said he will use this atm and nothing will happen here. everybody screamed at him, I went forward when it was my turn only for the idiot to drag me back and said he'll beat the hell out of me since I'm stubborn. lol stubborn how? oga u met me here people have been on this queue hours before u got here.... next thing I got was a very thunderous slap. I was angry, but couldn't do shit cus I didn't want any mistake to happen there. everyone gathered around us and protested till the policeman couldn't bear the insults and curses and had to leave the scene before things escalate

(1) (Reply)

Ekiosa Market Fire: Looters Return Stolen Goods As Ayelala Juju Invokes Curses / Man Was Set Ablaze For Shooting Dead His Wife Who Built A House And Bought A Car / Doctor Treating Coronavirus Patients Has Died Of The Virus In Pakistan. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.