Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,240 members, 7,839,264 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

My opinion on Cardi B's "controversial" Video - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My opinion on Cardi B's "controversial" Video (396 Views)

Kanye Drops Illuminati Bombshell On Cardi B And Nicki Minaj / Naira Marley Reacts On Cardi B Filling For Nigerian Citizenship / My Fada The Don Legend! Wizkid Hails 2face To Debunk Controversial Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My opinion on Cardi B's "controversial" Video by Techdra: 8:14am On Dec 07, 2019
The attention of some well meaning Nigerians, including myself have been drawn to a video reportedly made by popular American rapper of Dominican descent, Belcalis Martenis Almanzar, known as Cardi B.

In this video, she utters a quite interesting statement which is callously interpreted by Nigerians who are hell-bent on diminishing what is left of their already low self worth.

Cardi B's statement was clearly "No lie, this place looks DR" (paraphrased) and not "No light, this place looks like DR". There's absolutely no way she would degrade her father's country and her host.

But of course, Nigerians don't think before acting. They swallowed everything 'hook, line, sinker' and began embarassing themselves on the Internet space. What you post on the Internet would always be used against you WHEN or IF you travel out. And if you're looked upon as a piece of trash, don't play the racism card. Politicians don't hustle abroad like you & I, eventually you bear the brunt of your tweets and posts about your country.

(1) (Reply)

[VIDEO] - Ooni Of Ife Playing Table Tennis With Children / R Kelly Arraigned On Bribe Charge Linked To Aaliyah Wedding / Top 5 Nigeria Celebrities Who Gave Birth This Year *after Years Of Waiting*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.