Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. (551 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online / Rev Lucy Natasha: Bodyguards, Security Details Of Kenyan Female Pastor (Photos) / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:46am On Dec 07, 2019
Greetings, everybody. People these days can be so critical of issues, especially when they have little or no information regarding them. Those people aren't bodyguards, and even if they are, I believe he is justified for doing so because:

1. They are not bodyguards, but ushers. Even in my school, Covenant university, this same thing is observed in the chapel when we have services. I therefore conclude that it is standard winners protocol. Even yesterday during Shiloh, when I was participating from a viewing center, I noticed that during the altar call the ushers went to stand in front of the altar (there were about 8 of them, I guess) and the altar was empty.. There was no preacher on it... So if you are an active member of that church you'd understand and not just be critical about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:47am On Dec 07, 2019
2. He has gotten death threats from most likely prominent people. Sometime this year, when we went to the faith tabernacle for the annual youth alive program, I saw the ushers come in with bomb detection devices to scan the entire altar before papa came in.

They scanned the flowers and I think the floor of the altar. The chair that he sits on isn't left in the church after the service, but is taken with him and brought back when he is about to enter for a service. So obviously, he has been getting death threats, most likely from politicians.. I mean what random person is rich enough to buy bombs to kill a man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:47am On Dec 07, 2019
3. He is considered a celebrity by many in the congregation, as they have huge love and respect for him. Some people might get overzealous and probably try to rush him.... Let's be honest he is an old man and doesn't have that mush physical strength, so if he were to be be rushed by a crowd of say 1000 people he probably won't survive it. This is something that all public figures do so its nothing new if you ask me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2019
So next time, before jumping to conclusions and criticizing somebody for what he is doing, first understand why he is doing it and it will all make sense. smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by viceddy95(m): 11:54am On Dec 07, 2019
Bros you even get time to dey answer all those jobless set of people who are always looking for a way to ridicule men of God ....

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by ugkk: 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
Bodyguard is to the world as Usher is to the church, no need for too much Grammar
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by TVSA: 1:16pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hismasterpiece:
2. He has gotten death threats from most likely prominent people. Sometime this year, when we went to the faith tabernacle for the annual youth alive program, I saw the ushers come in with bomb detection devices to scan the entire altar before papa came in.

They scanned the flowers and I think the floor of the altar. The chair that he sits on isn't left in the church after the service, but is taken with him and brought back when he is about to enter for a service. So obviously, he has been getting death threats, most likely from politicians.. I mean what random person is rich enough to buy bombs to kill a man.
your papa dey fear? So God can't protect him? "no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper". that one is only good for poor people, rich ones use maximum security. He can't be like Elijah and Elisha in the bible.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
TVSA:
your papa dey fear? So God can't protect him? "no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper". that one is only good for poor people, rich ones use maximum security. He can't be like Elijah and Elisha in the bible.

If someone were to detonate a bomb in the building many people will die, not just papa.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo's 'nine Bodyguards' Scandal. by TVSA: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

If someone were to detonate a bomb in the building many people will die, not just papa.
GOD can protect everybody in the church without the help of a single security person. One angel is enough to protect multiple number of people. Read the stories of HEZEKIAH and JEHOSHAPHAT in the bible, how they dealt with enemy threats. When Paul was getting death threats in the bible, he only ask the church to pray for him. He did't hire any special forces.

(1) (Reply)

4 Churches In Nigeria Where Members Are Still Doing Sacrifice Every Month / Question For Men Of God On Here / Fourteen Things You Need To Know About King David BY JONATHAN KIRSCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.