Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Question For Men Of God On Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Men Of God On Here (550 Views)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Men Of God On Here by ChristisGod: 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
*QUESTION*
What is the soul? We know a man is made up of the spirit, soul and body. The spirit is the inner man and the body is the flesh. Which part is the soul? I have heard many men of God say the soul is the mind, but read what Jesus says in

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with *all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind*.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

You can see, Jesus distinguished the soul from the mind. What then is your understanding of the soul?

1 Like

Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by CodeTemplar: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
Soul: emotions, intellect. feelings. Mind: seat of thought.

1 Like

Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by Askme2020(m): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
ChristisGod:
*QUESTION*
What is the soul? We know a man is made up of the spirit, soul and body. The spirit is the inner man and the body is the flesh. Which part is the soul? I have heard many men of God say the soul is the mind, but read what Jesus says in

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with *all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind*.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

You can see, Jesus distinguished the soul from the mind. What then is your understanding of the soul?

Also want to know. Can someone please educate us on this pls?
Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by davidinchrist(m): 12:07am On Apr 28, 2020
Askme2020:

Also want to know. Can someone please educate us on this pls?
ChristisGod:
*QUESTION*

Yeah, I think CodeTemplar was quite right:

Man = Spirit (conscience), Soul and Body.
Animal = Soul and Body
Plant= Body

What distinct Us from animals is the Spirit: there are no religious monkeys or dogs. Yeah, you could train them to entertain you, and play religion, though. They don't Repent of sins to God either: the goat just grabs your first meal, and gives you thanks at a distance, while mulching down the last bit (no sorry, no repentance).

*Now, the Soul: Mind (thinking faculty), Emotion (feeling faculty: joy, fear, anger, sadness, etc), (I think God connects all these with the Brain in the body to make them active) AND *Will* (deciding faculty/Choice = to do/obey or Not to do something/obey).

*Body: Of course, all the parts: eyes, mouth, ears, hands, legs (these are the major parts we CAN USE to Sin), stomach, hair, etc.

Spirit/heart (conscience) is where we have the awareness of God, it's something of God, though not perfect but if submitted to the Holy spirit, it can know what's wrong or right: the perfect will of God.

Jesus wants us to worship him with pure heart (conscience), by yielding our souls and bodies as living sacrifices holy and acceptable to God. Romans 12:1

You can read this article later: not my church though:
https://www.cfcindia.com/basic-christian-teachings/03-the-power-of-choice

We should ensure to live above the level of the animals' lifestyles: food, sex and sleep. But to make our Spirit/consciences Alive in Jesus.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by Finallydead: 12:54am On Apr 28, 2020
ChristisGod:
*QUESTION*

Hope you don't mind a simple believer sharing apart from men of God?

Very important question there if you want to develop spiritually.
First, understand that the soul is distinct from the spirit. The spirit or spiritual body is the body for the spiritual realm just like the body is for the natural realm and in anatomy, both spirit and body are parallel in almost every respect. The logos light(word) of God (through the Spirit of truth) reveals the distinct centres of the soul and spirit as you become one with it. (Heb4:12).
The soul, however, is the real identity of a man, what defines him, iow, and his essence. It is the corporeal house of the
1.) Mind which is its brain(reasoning, imaginations),
2.) The heart(will, emotions, perception, conscience, cravings...),
3.) The appetite(belly)
4.) periphery and automations of the inner man
These soul faculties are interconnected with spirit and body centres for transmission of info. The spirit is the spiritual body/senses of the soul that picks spiritual senation like the physical body does physical sensation.
All stimuli from the spiritual world transmit to your spirit senses which then relay to your mind primarily and sometimes directly to the heart. Physical stimuli transmit through your physical senses which then relay to your brain and finally to your mind. All these transmissions are to lead to decision making by reasoning in the mind according to the condition of the heart which then forms the final mould that the whole soul takes.
In other words, the final goal of all engagements of your mind is to form your whole soul into a certain mould(like with pottery) according to the state of your heart which could be the image of God or any other image.

The reason God puts the sequence of heart, soul, mind...in Deut6:8 is not because heart and mind are exclusive from the whole soul but because that is the progression for the transformation of the whole soul body. The heart first being changed and then, being the door to the belly and inward parts(collectively called soul) conveys the divine seed there for transformation, and lastly the brain of the soul which is the mind being transformed in Christlikeness.

The spirit returns to God after death(Ecc12:7) and the physical body to the dust(if you don't conquer death on earth) but the soul, the real man is what gets judged and sentenced to heavenly dwellings or hellish dwellings(Lk12:20, Heb9:27)

There is too much to elaborate on the subject here but just keep going over this again and again and you would keep seeing clearer.
Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by Askme2020(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
davidinchrist:

Yeah, I think CodeTemplar was quite right:

Man = Spirit (conscience), Soul and Body.
Animal = Soul and Body
Plant= Body

What distinct Us from animals is the Spirit: there are no religious monkeys or dogs. Yeah, you could train them to entertain you, and play religion, though. They don't Repent of sins to God either: the goat just grabs your first meal, and gives you thanks at a distance, while mulching down the last bit (no sorry, no repentance).

*Now, the Soul: Mind (thinking faculty), Emotion (feeling faculty: joy, fear, anger, sadness, etc), (I think God connects all these with the Brain in the body to make them active) AND *Will* (deciding faculty/Choice = to do/obey or Not to do something/obey).

*Body: Of course, all the parts: eyes, mouth, ears, hands, legs (these are the major parts we CAN USE to Sin), stomach, hair, etc.

Spirit/heart (conscience) is where we have the awareness of God, it's something of God, though not perfect but if submitted to the Holy spirit, it can know what's wrong or right: the perfect will of God.

Jesus wants us to worship him with pure heart (conscience), by yielding our souls and bodies as living sacrifices holy and acceptable to God. Romans 12:1

You can read this article later: not my church though:
https://www.cfcindia.com/basic-christian-teachings/03-the-power-of-choice

We should ensure to live above the level of the animals' lifestyles: food, sex and sleep. But to make our Spirit/consciences Alive in Jesus.

May Jesus Bless You.

Thanks.. This give some insight. But according to the topic. The soul is different from the mind.

1 Like

Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by BetterChurch: 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
Soul is the individual's true identity. The heart, mind and body are tools for Soul to experience life here in the lower worlds. As Soul, you don't need any of them in the pure heavenly worlds. Hope that answers your question
Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by davidinchrist(m): 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
Askme2020:

Thanks.. This give some insight. But according to the topic. The soul is different from the mind.

Hmm, I see your point. I've just done a quick search in the Bible, and I was just getting to realize that the word Soul is used many times to mean two main things among others:
1. A person's Life or Existence in total. Matthew 16:26
2. Will, emotion, mind (according to my previous post).

*Also, I think it's used somewhat synonymously with the word 'Person': Every soul means Everybody, Everyone... E.g: Act 3:23 KJV.

Cos the Spirit is the real Man: God's Image;

*We are Spirits (God created us in his own image, God is Spirit).

*We have a Soul each (As in: Hebrew 4:12 and 1 Thess 5:23 type of context; my previous post).

*We live in the Body to interact with the physical world: when the body dies our spirits/souls remain: with God or eternal punishment.

Anyway, I think the main thing is to yield every part of our existence to God; not minding too much about the exact names given to the parts scripturally.

Matthew 16:26 KJV
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own Soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his Soul? (Soul = Someone's Life or Existence)

May Jesus Bless You.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by ChristisGod: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
davidinchrist:

Hmm, I see your point. I've just done a quick search in the Bible, and I was just getting to realize that the word Soul is used many times to mean two main things among others:
1. A person's Life or Existence in total. Matthew 16:26
2. Will, emotion, mind (according to my previous post).

*Also, I think it's used somewhat synonymous with the word 'Person': Every soul means Everybody, Everyone... E.g: Act 3:23 KJV.

Cos the Spirit is the real Man: God's Image;

*We are Spirits (God created us in his own image, God is Spirit).

*We have a Soul each (As in: Hebrew 4:12 and 1 Thess 5:23 type of context; my previous post).

*We live in the Body to interact with the physical world: when the body dies our spirits/souls remain: with God or eternal punishment.

Anyway, I think the main thing is to yield every part of our existence to God; not minding too much about the exact names given to the parts scripturally.

Matthew 16:26 KJV
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own Soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his Soul? (Soul = Someone's Life or Existence)

May Jesus Bless You.

Amen
Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by Finallydead: 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
ChristisGod:

Amen
Please feel free to ask questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 06, 2020
I want to believe the soul is the "life" of man. Cos it is the soul that dies, while the spirit goes back to God. That is why the bible says " the soul that sinneth shall die". So it makes more sense to say the soul is the life that operates the physical body (terrestrial) and the spiritual body (celestial).

1 Like

Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On May 20, 2020
The Body is obviously the part of you that is tangible (flesh and blood) in the dimension that we live. The soul is self...identity.. the you that lives in the body. It carries the burden of every choice & decision made in your life time.
Your spirit however is the part of you that connects your soul to your body and eventually you to God i.e. God communicates to your soul and body through your spirit which is piece of his own Spirit. Also once the body dies, the spirit has the job of returning the soul back to the creator for further processing. grin grin grin
Re: Question For Men Of God On Here by Nobody: 1:42am On May 21, 2020
Eulalia:
I want to believe the soul is the "life" of man. Cos it is the soul that dies, while the spirit goes back to God. That is why the bible says " the soul that sinneth shall die". So it makes more sense to say the soul is the life that operates the physical body (terrestrial) and the spiritual body (celestial).

Sigh!

(1) (Reply)

Why I Prefer To Pay Tithe In UK Instead Of Nigerian Churches / ??? / Two Ministers Lose Children After Preaching In Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.