Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency (1244 Views)

Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia / No Governor In Kwara State, You Only Have PA To Senate President - Says Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by NGpatriot: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

You that you are not obvious "blabbing"

Please pray tell, what are the mechanism in place to deal with officers directly under the executive arm of government that refuse to obey other tiers of government? I mean the officers that are appointed by the executive

And might I remind you that the Dss held Sowore for nearly two weeks after the court already granted him a lawful bail.

And also that the DSS are already in their second court.

You think you are arguing with a novice

if this is your weak defence, then I guess I definitely see no reason to support APC or Buhari at this point.

Again, stop blabbing, the mechanism in place forced the same DSS to release the man and even fined the DSS, that's the mechanism if you are not educated enough of understand the meaning of mechanism.

The mechanism worked without the president stepping in.

You are not making any sense.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by Iamgrey5(m): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
NGpatriot:

Again, stop blabbing, the mechanism in place forced the same DSS to release the man and even fined the DSS, that's the mechanism if you are not educated enough of understand the meaning of mechanism.

The mechanism worked without the president stepping in.

You are not making any sense.

You are the one blabbing out of context

The mechanism is fire the head of DSS like the Vice president did while he was acting as the president.

The vice president is a professor of law and understands the implications of the break down in law and order than you can ever understand.

This is the same DSS that went into the court while it was in session and forced the Judge to run for safety.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by NGpatriot: 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You are the one blabbing out of context

The mechanism is fire the head of DSS like the Vice president did while he was acting as the president.

The vice president is a professor of law and understanding the implications of break down in law and order than you can ever understand.

This is the same DSS that went into the court while it was in section and forced the Judge to run for safety.

In Nigeria or any democracy when you are wronged, you head to the judiciary to seek redress, this is the mechanism the constitution put in place to serve you and address your grievance and last time I checked, the constitution and the mechanism in place worked for him, it forced the DSS to release him and fined the same DSS.

You don't get to decide or dictate that the president must interfere or bend the constitution just because you don't like what government agencies are doing or not doing? Stop being ignorant, curb your emotions and baby sentiments.

Nigeria is not a monarchy where the president steps into everything to direct and dictate what government agencies must do or not do, in fact, I see hypocrites like you wailing and shouting tyranny at any interference by the president in other cases that you are against or not.

Where is the sense in denouncing a lawless act while at the same time advocating for and defending another act of lawlessness? How contradictory and hypocritical.

You people need to stop trampling over your childish emotions and sentiments.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by Iamgrey5(m): 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2019
NGpatriot:

In Nigeria or any democracy when you are wronged, you head to the judiciary to seek redress, this is the mechanism the constitution put in place to serve you and address your grievance and last time I checked, the constitution and the mechanism in place worked for him, it forced the DSS to release him and fined the same DSS.

You don't get to decide or dictate that the president must interfere or bend the constitution just because you don't like what government agencies are doing or not doing? Stop being ignorant, curb your emotions and baby sentiments.

Nigeria is not a monarchy where the president steps into everything to direct and dictate what government agencies must do or not do, in fact, I see hypocrites like you wailing and shouting tyranny at any interference by the president in other cases that you are against or not.

Where is the sense in denouncing a lawless act while at the same time advocating for and defending another act of lawlessness? How contradictory and hypocritical.

You people need to stop trampling over your childish emotions and sentiments.

@ emboldened

Hypocrisy is written in your statement

You heard to the judiciary but choose which court order to obey right!

Meanwhile, the secret police because of their stature are under the direct supervision of the Executive.

The director of DSS can be hired or fired by the president at anytime without seeking the permission of the legislature.

Hence, they brief the president before undertaking any mission

I hope that is clear

You are not aware of what you are arguing about.

You are starting to bore me tbh
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by wingmanIII: 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2019
Buhari hired the dss boss.
Ultimately Buhari is responsible for his action or inaction.
Even a primary school kid understands this.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by NGpatriot: 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

Hypocrisy is written in your statement

You heard to the judiciary but choose which court order to obey right!

Meanwhile, the secret police because of their stature are under the direct supervision of the Executive.

When you are wronged by any FG institution, the provision dictated by the constitution to address your issues is the judiciary, not the president.

The man rightfully went to the judiciary and the judiciary forced the DSS to release him and also fined the DSS so what's the president's business here?

The constitution worked the way it was designed to.

The director of DSS can be hired or fired by the president at anytime without seeking the permission of the legislature.

Hence, they brief the president before undertaking any mission

I hope that is clear

We have 3 arms of government, not 1 arm of government that stops with the president.

1. The Executive

2. The Legislative

3. The Judiciary

The president is not in charge of all 3.

The fact that the president can hire and fire heads of the law enforcement agencies under him doesn't mean the constitution also permit him to manage and dictate to the law enforcement agencies.

I hope this is clear.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by Iamgrey5(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
NGpatriot:

When you are wronged by any FG institution, the provision dictated by the constitution to address your issues is the judiciary, not the president.

The man rightfully went to the judiciary and the judiciary forced the DSS to release him and also fined the DSS so what's the president's business here?

The constitution worked the way it was designed to.

We have 3 arms of government, not 1 arm of government that stops with the president.

1. The Executive

2. The Legislative

3. The Judiciary

The president is not in charge of all 3.

The fact that the president can hire and fire heads of the law enforcement agencies under him doesn't mean the constitution also permit him to manage and dictate to the law enforcement agencies.

I hope this is clear.
Bro I am simply tired of arguing with a statue.

The DSS is under the direct supervision of the Executive.

Whatever the DSS is doing is sanctioned by the Executive

The Secret police is not like every other security agency

The secret police went against their rights by trying to arrest a person in court premises

The secret police have disobeyed two courts but detained Sowore on the order of those courts to begin with which is bad for the Executive image.

This had nothing to do with separation of powers.

You have no idea on the subject you are discussing.

You are simply defending the" undefendable"
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by NGpatriot: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
[s]
Iamgrey5:
Bro I am simply tired of arguing with a statue.

The DSS is under the direct supervision of the Executive.

Whatever the DSS is doing is sanctioned by the Executive

The Secret police is not like every other security agency

The secret police went against their rights by trying to arrest a person in court premises

The secret police have disobeyed two courts but detained Sowore on the order of those courts to begin with which is bad for the Executive image.

This had nothing to do with separation of powers.

You have no idea on the subject you are discussing.

You are simply defending the" undefendable"

[/s]

Stop babbling on and on about who this or that is under because we know the DSS is under the executive, but the fact that the DSS is under the president doesn't mean the constitution permits the president to intervene in matters concerning the other arms of government like the judiciary which this case is under. It's called separation of powers.

lol @ this had nothing to do with separation of powers, so, the case between the DSS and the revolutionary nuisance was not before the judiciary, a different arm of government or what transpired didn't happen inside the court aka the judiciary, a different arm of government?

Or you just mean there's no separation between the Judiciary and the executive?

With all due respect, you skipped social studies in elementary school?
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by Iamgrey5(m): 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Stop babbling on and on about who this or that is under because we know the DSS is under the executive, but the fact that the DSS is under the president doesn't mean the constitution permits the president to intervene in matters concerning the other arms of government like the judiciary which this case is under.

lol @ this had nothing to do with separation of powers, so, the case between the DSS and the revolutionary nuisance was not before the judiciary, a different arm of government or what transpired didn't happen inside the court aka the judiciary, a different arm of government?

Or you just mean there's no separation between the Judiciary and the executive?

With all due respect, you skipped social studies in elementary school?

My problem with you is that you seem to think you are intelligent.

I don't understand why you fail to understand simple things tbh !

Below is a comprehensive press release by NBA

Please read it and try to comprehend.

Good night.

https://www.nairaland.com/5569876/nba-reacts-dss-court-invasion/1
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by NGpatriot: 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
My problem with you is that you seem to think you are intelligent.

I don't understand why you fail to understand simple things tbh !

Below is a comprehensive press release by NBA

Please read it and try to comprehend.

Good night.

https://www.nairaland.com/5569876/nba-reacts-dss-court-invasion/1

Your off topic link proves nothing and it doesn't negate the fact that the president can not by law interfere in matters concerning other arms of government like the judiciary that this case is under.

There isn't a single provision in the constitution that allow the president to interfere in judicial matters and matters before the judiciary, a different arm of government.

All you people do is get drunk and high on emotions instead of basic intelligence and common sense.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by Iamgrey5(m): 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
NGpatriot:

Your off topic link proves nothing and it doesn't negate the fact that the president can not by law interfere in matters concerning other arms of government like the judiciary that this case is under.

There isn't a single provision in the constitution that allow the president to interfere in judicial matters and matters before the judiciary, a different arm of government.

All you people do is get drunk and high on emotions instead of basic intelligence and common sense.
I would advise you to review my response to you from onset but this time slowly.

There was no time I advocated for the president to intervene in the judiciary.

The Dss is not the judiciary.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by NGpatriot: 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
itsme01:

Why dont you read the DSS act online before defending the indefendable

let me get things straight to you DSS cant act without explicit orders from the president same way Airforce can make an airstrike without the explicit orders of the president

this is why lawal daura got fired

NSO , SSS and Now DSS is a department of the presidency Like Code of Conduct Burea, or office of the special adivesers or Aso rock Laison offices Nationwide

I've watched the video and it doesn't support the lies and propaganda you people are peddling.
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by NGpatriot: 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I would advise you to review my response to you from onset but this time slowly.

There was no time I advocated for the president to intervene in the judiciary.

The Dss is not the judiciary.

So, why is the president or who is under him or not part of this discussion?

Is the case not under the judiciary as we speak?
Re: Sowore: Does It Really Concern Presidency by Olaikpu1: 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

Why dont you read the DSS act online before defending the indefendable

let me get things straight to you DSS cant act without explicit orders from the president same way Airforce can make an airstrike without the explicit orders of the president

this is why lawal daura got fired

NSO , SSS and Now DSS is a department of the presidency Like Code of Conduct Burea, or office of the special adivesers or Aso rock Laison offices Nationwide
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

OBJ Came To Kaduna To See Ahmed Joda Who’s Not Well / Popular Bayelsa Politician Rumuored To Have Ressurected Finally Buried / We Are Getting Overwhelmed, Afenifere Reacts To Insecurity In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.