Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) (68009 Views)

Sowore: Olawale Bakare Declared Missing / Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions / Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by dhikirulahi(m): 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
Even 2baba cancelled his protest when they gjve him is own share, oga you better join them and stop punishing yourself in Exile, this is not a military regime come home and negotiate your freedom

1 Like

Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by Harunakoney(m): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
Only a fool will listen to you and act. Rise up Nigerians is what u said, but u also said u r in d middle of no where. Come out and fight. Freedom fighters usually suffer stop hiding.
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by abdullahi45: 1:24am On Dec 09, 2019
Awol1:
He's a sharp guy.

Voom is better than statement any day anywhere.

But is it me they are calling to protest?

Sowore said in 2015 that Buhari is the next best thing after dodo.

Let him enjoy the delicacy he helped prepare for Nigeria.

What is wrong with a man reforming his ideologies after realising his mistakes?
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by ddeola: 2:47am On Dec 09, 2019
PREDATORS in power in Nigeria ! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 09, 2019
abdullahi45:

What is wrong with a man reforming his ideologies after realising his mistakes?

Because evidences abound for him not to have made the mistake.

There was history there for him to consult being a man that claims to be intelligent.

A section of this country warned everyone else but were tagged alarmists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by crafteck(m): 5:33am On Dec 09, 2019
executive12:

Most of them actually voted for the bigot Buhari.

So that's a reason not to speak against him?
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by naijacentric(m): 6:02am On Dec 09, 2019
printemps:

I'll advice this young man to go seek political asylum if he is able to make it outside Nigeria. I'm sure the U.S. , Canada and the U.K. will grant him one. Himself and others can start a NADECO style of political activism from exile.
are these countries not our external problem asylum kwa! Naija is their business centre na today
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by pacespot(m): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2019
FG is just making these two feel like a democracy hero when they have actually achieved nothing for a common man. I don't know what is the rationale behind this prosecution? These guys are armless to the government, they are even more dangerous being in detention, because it makes people perceive the government as dictatorial. Or the government think they are campaign tools in the hands of the opposition.
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by kgb101: 7:45am On Dec 09, 2019
Awol1:

Because evidences abound for him not to have made the mistake.

There was history there for him to consult being a man that claims to be intelligent.

A section of this country warned everyone else but were tagged alarmists.

Can't be said any better.
History was there for everyone to see.
The most damaging lies are the ones we tell ourselves.
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by Ikinternational: 8:10am On Dec 09, 2019
foolbuster:

The freedom and the little pleasures you enjoy today is because of the fight and struggles of other people. Some paid the ultimate price.

I wonder what the fate of humans will be if all humans were like you.

If your cowardice wont let you contribute. Atleast have some sense to not shame those courageous enough to fight for the collective good.

*Grand Opening Grand Closing*

Standing Ovation my guy
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by OfoIgbo: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2019
BluntBoy:

I keep asking you people what makes you think Yorubas are cowards?

How many activists do you have in the whole of the east? During the Abacha era, mention one prominent Igbo activist that gave Abacha sleepless nights?

All through years of military rule, mention one prominent Igbo activist?

Chukwuemeka Ezeife
Ndubuisi Kanu
Olisa Agbakoba e.t.c
and they were all in Nigeria throughout Abacha's reign, and by the way, Abacha was not necessarily attacking Igbos when he was the president, yet the above mentioned guys were waxing as strong as any other Nigerian who was opposed to Abacha's dictatorship

Oops!! You asked for one, but I seem to have mentioned three. My bad grin grin grin
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by jude79(m): 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Look at this self-serving, one-sided activist who was blind when it wasn't serving their interest.
Oga, you and your family will protest alone.

In fact, my God will punish anyone that wants to destabilize a duly elected democratic government.
A government that was endorsed and delivered by your Lord and Saviour Jagaban.
Now you want us to protest against your creation?

Protests will never take the place of the ballot.
And the ballots have spoken.
The courts have also spoken and like we say in Latin,
"Vox populi, vox Dei"

It is Sai Baba till 2023.

But why do I feel this guy has compromised and is only acting out a script?
It does not add up.
If I were in his shoes and managed to escape from the court...releasing a video will be the last thing on my mind unless I am compelled to by the ones I am running from.

No smart fugitive does that.

He does not even look reassuring, his speech delivery seems a bit coerced and not freely coming.
Then how he gets up at the end of it tells a lot of stories.

It reminds me a lot about Tuface's infamous speech on his cancelled protest.
The only thing both videos have in common is that they don't look voluntarily made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fFPAsJWBcs

I may be dumb, but no veteran of behavioural analysis will fault my scenario-profiling.

Fvck it, what do I even know?

This may be real but if truly he is hiding, I'd only say "Ogbeni don't be a coward, come out and face your trial"

Quintessential nwamaikpe, concise and straight to the point
This guy's can't fool us anymore.
We know real activist when we see them, not this game buhari and his pseudo-activist friends are playing.
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by jude79(m): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Nothing like you may be dumb, YOU ARE DUMB!!!

LMAO, this one thinks NwaAmaikpe is supporting APC and his/her darling Bubu the traveling monster cheesy

Forget that dead meat merchant, but I can't really dismiss nwamaikpe's perspective, especially with sowores relationship with this present ruling group, prior to 2015.
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by jude79(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Alvin212:

Words Smith

Why choose to waste your career on nairaland

You could be that famous writer , the world been yearning for

That guy nwamaikpe should be up there with the chimamanda's
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by jibrilELsudan: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
oluwaahmed:

You just brought tears to my eyes now cry I remember those days the protests will hit the whole of Lagos. While unilag/yaba tech students will occupying the whole mainland, LASU student will keep the downtown (ojo to badagry) on lockdown. Secondary school students like us then will join the protests and geer when lasu boys fall a trailer to cover the badagry express way. Chaiii, this present generation is a total disgrace. I was telling one of my smallie cousins that if our parents, uncles and broses had internet then, naija would have been a better place because they had balls then. Sowore better use his head because he would be killed and nothing will happen. I however feel no pity for sowore because he was part of the old guard that knew how the military behave but still embraced them for selfish gains. Sowore fall hand sha, its just like baba Fela endorsing buhari.

Painful memories. Good buddies were killed in those protests. I still carry bullet scars on my leg from those protests.

Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by BluntBoy(m): 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
OfoIgbo:

Chukwuemeka Ezeife
Ndubuisi Kanu
Olisa Agbakoba e.t.c
and they were all in Nigeria throughout Abacha's reign, and by the way, Abacha was not necessarily attacking Igbos when he was the president, yet the above mentioned guys were waxing as strong as any other Nigerian who was opposed to Abacha's dictatorship

Oops!! You asked for one, but I seem to have mentioned three. My bad grin grin grin

So, all these ones are prominent activists

SMH...

Every tribe has this type of activists that you mentioned.

I was expecting you to mention activists who would dwarf the people like Gani Fawehinmi, Wole Soyinka, and Dele Giwa. Not to mention Fela Anikulapo Kuti and Beko Ransom Kuti.

Abacha was so scared of these people that they were always in and out of prisons (or being criminalized) in a bid to kill the man in them. Wole Soyinka was even sentenced to death in absentia.

Agbakoba's style of activism is likened to that of Femi Falana. They are not feared at all.
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by mildflame: 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
executive12:

They are both Nigerians like you. What has been your own contribution?

Not running my mouth and scampering outta the country like a chicken
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by OfoIgbo: 9:13am On Dec 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, all these ones are prominent activists

SMH...

Every tribe has this type of activists that you mentioned.

I was expecting you to mention activists who would dwarf the people like Gani Fawehinmi, Wole Soyinka, and Dele Giwa. Not to mention Fela Anikulapo Kuti and Beko Ransom Kuti.

Abacha was so scared of these people that they were always in and out of prisons (or being criminalized) in a bid to kill the man in them. Wole Soyinka was even sentenced to death in absentia.

Agbakoba's style of activism is likened to that of Femi Falana. They are not feared at all.

You are obviously of the Indomie generation. Agbakoba was in and out of jail during Abacha's era. Agbakoba was the NBA chairman at some point and an erudite SAN, far ahead of Femi Falana and Gani Fawehinmi in the legal profession. I believe he is even now, a justice and a prominent member of NJC. His career achievements are stellar such that both Gani and Femi have not even neared him at all career-wise.
Notwithstanding, he was a thorn in the flesh of Abacha. Please go do some research before you challenge him.

At the inception of the new democratic order in 1999, he mellowed. But he was a firebrand back in the days.
Re: Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) by SAMDEEA123(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
I thought this guy sang soli soli when they were leaving the court Why e come dey run E wan make like hard for sowore because them go stand on the ground say e jump bail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) / Aminu Ado Bayero Biography: Emir Of Kano's Profile / EFCC Seals Patience Jonathan's Property In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.