Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? (16972 Views)

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? / How Lucrative Is The Legal Profession? / How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by engrzico(m): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,

I am almost rounding off my stick Welding course, but I want to continue with TIG welding (argon). Kindly advise if this is worth the time and resources...

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by helinues: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2019
If it is lucrative where you presently are, even if not yet in Nigeria, it should be...
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by Onlinealaba(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2019
What I know is welding in general is one underrated job in Nigeria which is very very lucrative at least from the ones have seen..the thing is whatever you do just be good at it and be consistent
We sell Smart TVs and air conditioners

12 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by BabaIbo: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2019
Alright, let's wait for people with experience/knowledge or related experience/knowledge

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2019
Your escape route to canada or north europe grin

7 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by eitsei(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2019
waiting for professionals to come and comment
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by matinos28(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2019
kosi wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by sylve11: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2019
@ op, trust me, you are not going the wrong path. Just one contract job go change your story for a very long time. My friend Peter comes to mind. If nor be the health issue wey dey associated with this welding job; i for run a professional course on it.

Good luck to you as you stroll on this path, bro. cool

8 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by Niyeal(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2019
Explain beta we are not on the same page

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by 9jayes: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2019
Don't go there
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2019
Rt
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by adecz: 7:17am On Dec 09, 2019
It is lucrative!! grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin you want make I say?

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by cardoctor(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2019
Very good if u get an oil company contract.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by lemon10(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2019
Make sure you have the capital to construct samples for sale. Do not depend on contracts. Waiting for contracts will frustrate you, especially in the present-day Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by sotall(m): 7:19am On Dec 09, 2019
Initially thought you were talking about "wedding"

Then my mind was like what tha feck is TIG wedding?

undecided

13 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by salford1: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2019
TIG. You want to break into O&G. Goodluck.
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by DGeneral123(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2019
Make we wait for the elders

Meanwhile, Lets Refill your Printer Toner Cartridge Today and Save Cost. Check my Signature for contact.
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by skkslar: 7:25am On Dec 09, 2019
You should be driven by the need to offer satisfactory and relable services not Money

if you place money before quality services you will miss the mark

Meanwhile you will need our solar power solution
No power No welding

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2019
Every skill is lucrative if expertly learnt strategically marketed.

Please add marketing skill to what you have learnt. Again don't forget to invite God always.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by batstan(m): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2019
You ain't gonna regret, bro.

It's among the most important welding methods and one of the most lucrative, where ever you are.

Automobile companies are springing up here in Nigeria. Assembly plants or whatever. Plus the refineries on the way.

Believe in yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by toprealman: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2019
engrzico:
Dear Nairalanders,

I am almost rounding off my stick Welding course, but I want to continue with TIG welding (argon). Kindly advise if this is worth the time and resources...

Thank you.
Wrong approach man. Give it your 100% as if you want to be a consultant IMMEDIATELY AFTER the training.
If you can't be hired, hire yourself!!!
Many think that NEBOSH is a pass to HSE jobs but they soon find out the hard way..... meanwhile they can still do a lot with the knowledge gained but choose not to.
#Vision2020

6 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by Bigwig1: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2019
helinues:
If it is lucrative where you presently are, even if not yet in Nigeria, it should be...
It's lucrative you just need to position yourself . A lot of Argon welders are needed at Dagote Refinery or you could work in ship yard .

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:28am On Dec 09, 2019
God is your strength
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by meobizy(f): 7:31am On Dec 09, 2019
Lol at no responses since yesterday. Many members of this forum are undergrads, in secondary school or still struggling with JAMB.

I don’t know why it’s called TIG welding but I know a few guys who work offshore with a bunch of them. Working offshore is big money but the problem is you need connections to get slots. You can get random construction, maintenance and piping jobs around but I doubt they’ll pay so much. At all at all naim bad pass. So far you can survive on the money, sha.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by CSTR2: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2019
Get certified in under water welding.
That is where the big bucks in.

Though I hear it is only advisable for men that already have children.

Because it fries your sperm cells if you do it everyday.
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by xpool(m): 7:33am On Dec 09, 2019
Onlinealaba:
What I know is welding in general is one underrated job in Nigeria which is very very lucrative at least from the ones have seen..the thing is whatever you do just be good at it and be consistent
We sell Smart TVs and air conditioners
China TVs and air conditioners, nothing good comes from Nigerians
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by bligs: 7:33am On Dec 09, 2019
If you can find your to Australia, you will be balling.
Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by Maxxim: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2019
As far as I know, Nigeria is not the best place to practice the skill, The last time I spoke with a friend who practice Tig welding in a manufacturing company he told me he was only paid on contract basis even me that practice stick welding is far better than him at this moment, but the future seems more promising for him if he could find work in a shipyard.
I think the best advice is to find ways to travel out of the country.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? by naijadrivablog: 7:36am On Dec 09, 2019
If I am right, argon welding is used to weld oil pipes under water. It is lucrative. Some oil companies pay N700-900k per month.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Goal: How Do I Become Skilled In Public Speaking? / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / The Biggest Lies People Told Me About Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.