Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,122 members, 7,953,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:53 PM

Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe (10162 Views)

Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao, Loses $12 Billion As Crypto Market Slumps / Jim Ovia Earns N1.52 Billion As Top Bank Chiefs Earn N2.3bn In Interim Dividend / Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 08, 2019
modsfucker:

For what exactly? What did I do to warrant such description?

Don't mind the Igbo boy... They can abuse anyone including their own elders...

That's why they can't become president in Nigeria
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by EmperorKpee(m): 8:08am On Dec 08, 2019
Men! This country is now closer to stone age than it is to being developed. Hmmm
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by ednut1(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2019
Okoyiboz3:

Ponzi schemes are designed to fail and the gullible idiots who fell victim still blame others for their stupidity.

Where is Chudy the Super Guider of MMM? Some fools even bought him a car during his wedding. He's in one place enjoying MMM money and laughing at MMM victims.
that guy is made for life lol
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by UnknownT: 8:12am On Dec 08, 2019
cRobo:
True

I lost my 459 millions also
sorry for your loss

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Mystic216: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
Igbos don't buy stocks, so no cause for alarm!

What are you typing ? You shouldn't be displaying your imature attitude bro, grow more.

ILLITERACY is highly rampant in the potopotor Republic..

I pity them plus including their girls have small small breasts with ponmo legd
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by naijadrivablog: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2019
post=84726344:

Despite the decline, stock prices remain attractive, making room for bargain hunting in value stocks, amidst still-positive macro-economic fundamentals.
Those of us that trade in stocks can relate.
Things will pick up again again.
No time for panic sales.
The Stock Market is all about UPS AND DOWNS. 
The faint hearted people should not go near it.
But, There is limited GENERAL knowledge on the stock market by an average Nigerian citizen.
Something should be done about that.

Royal Exchange, you can count on them for most part.
One of our goons!

God bless Nigeria.

Like Seriously

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Mystic216: 8:17am On Dec 08, 2019
modsfucker:

I know... I was just trying to say that this type of December rush is not healthy for the markets, hence the comparison with MMM... I'm into stocks and I know it very well

Please I will like to know more about this stock, I look up to your call sir, 08147432162
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by aimuan(m): 8:24am On Dec 08, 2019
iykecicero:
Bubu is working but in grievously destructive ways. Evil man, Buhari.
why did you used capital letters to write b in buhari? Next use small letter abeg, that man is a complete disappointment. He deserves no respect.

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Staro: 9:10am On Dec 08, 2019
Nigeria Jaga jaga
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by jahsharon: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2019
iykecicero:
Bubu is working but in grievously destructive ways. Evil man, Buhari.

You will die of hypertension over Buhari
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by jahsharon: 9:12am On Dec 08, 2019
aimuan:
why did you used capital letters to write b in buhari? Next use small letter abeg, that man is a complete disappointment. He deserves no respect.

The respect Buhari has all over the world, no member of your family or generation can ever have such.
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Temptee101(m): 9:27am On Dec 08, 2019
Before nko

Buhari effect
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Temptee101(m): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2019
jahsharon:

The respect Buhari has all over the world, no member of your family or generation can ever have such.

You need to be seriously whipped after which thrown into the lagoon
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by alexyanalysis(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2019
cRobo:
True

I lost my 459 millions also
Bimbo! Correct yourself. Million not millions.
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 08, 2019
fredoooooo:

Your parent money on your educationdidn't waste.. Have a nice week ahead ..

thanks...

you reply cracked me up ...lol
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Mftivi: 10:55am On Dec 08, 2019
post=84726344:

Despite the decline, stock prices remain attractive, making room for bargain hunting in value stocks, amidst still-positive macro-economic fundamentals.
No time for panic sales.
But, There is limited GENERAL knowledge on the stock market by an average Nigerian citizen.

One of our goons!

God bless Nigeria.
I street clear from NSE because of corruption in Nigeria can you give an insight on the integrity of Financial Statements released by firms in Nigeria.
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by celeiyke: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2019
Nigerian stock market is a big scam. In fact the biggest scam in the entire universe. Lost over 500k
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by spokesboy: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2019
A market mediocre reporter @ dipoolowoo
The correct subject is "Stock Market Capitalisation declined by N71billion....". Your subject is misleading and capable of causing panic. Is it you or your villagers who lost that amount?
To help you understand better, the same week your report is referring to, the market value traded by the Top 10 firms (representing 74% of the total market trades) totalled N19billion for both buy and sell. So pls explain how in the same week we lost "N71bn".
The "market cap" and "ASI index" are both market directional indicators and not a replica of the actual value traded, gained or lost.
This is my second time of correcting you. Next time will be much harder. Beware!!!
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

The sum of N71 billion was lost by the Nigerian stock market last week. There are only 12 trading days left before the commencement of the Christmas and New Year holidays and in preparation, investors have begun to take profit to play safe.

In the previous week, which ended on November 29, the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) appreciated by a marginal 0.04 percent, but last week, which closed on December 6, the market went down by 0.54 percent.

This brought the All-Share Index (ASI) down 146.63 points to 26,855.52 points from 27,002.15 points and the market capitalisation down by N71 billion to N12.962 trillion from N13.033 trillion.

Business Post reports that a total of 35 stocks depreciated in price during the week, higher than 32 equities in the previous week, while 19 shares appreciated in price, lower 31 equities in the previous week, with 111 stocks closing unchanged, higher than 102 equities recorded in the preceding week.
ALSO READ View MTN Nigeria Q1 2019 Analyst Call Presentation Held Today

Cornerstone Insurance was the worst performing stock, losing 20.25 percent to close at 63 kobo per share. MedView Airline lost 10.00 percent to close at N1.62 per unit, Arbico fell by 9.81 percent to settle at N4.32 per share, Ikeja Hotel declined by 9.73 percent to finish at N1.02 per unit, while FCMB depreciated by 9.45 percent to end at N1.82 per share.

On the other hand, Royal Exchange was the best performing stock on the NSE last week, rising by 17.39 percent to finish at 27 kobo per share.
ALSO READ Court Orders Seizure of Oando’s Oil Rigs Over Debts

Unilever Nigeria gained 17.39 percent to close at N18.90 per share, Trans-National Express rose by 10.00 percent to end at 99 kobo per unit, Niger Insurance improved also by 10.00 percent to settle 22 kobo per unit, while Okomu Oil rose by 9.77 percent to end at N54.50 per share.

In the week, the NSE recorded a total turnover of 952.7 million shares worth N12.8 billion in 17,279 deals compared with 1.2 billion shares valued at N13.2 billion traded a week earlier in 18,142 deals.

The financial services industry led the activity chart by volume with 691.0 million shares valued at N6.8 billion traded in 10,718 deals, contributing 72.53 percent and 53.13 percent to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively.
ALSO READ European Stocks Struggle as Oil Extend Losses

It was followed by the conglomerates sector with 101.9 million shares worth N701.3 million in 974 deals and the consumer goods industry with 57.6 million shares worth N2.0 billion in 2,095 deals.

A further breakdown showed that FCMB, Access Bank and Zenith Bank accounted for 334.2 million shares worth N3.1 billion in 3,684 deals, contributing 35.08 percent and 24.39 percent to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/stock-market-loses-n71bn-as-investors-play-safe/
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by bjbjbj: 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
The naija stock market us a joke or a scammer. I trade NYSE and NASDAQ stocks daily.
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by aimuan(m): 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
jahsharon:

oh you mean your miserable family?
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by BigBashiru: 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
Buhari is a total disaster.. The Stock market investors keep losing millions and Billions of investments under his useless administration. Well, what should one expect from a Fo0lish man who has never successfully managed a business before? Even common cattle he has in his farm have refused to multiply and they still look Malnourished just like himself...

Check out America and see how the economy has experienced amazing increase ever since Trump became President. And that's because he has been an intelligent and successful businessman even before dreaming of becoming a President...

The black man and all their countries are total disasters not just buhari.
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Barthley: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2019
modsfucker:
This kind of December rush was what sent MMM to its early grave
pls don't remind us cry cry cry
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
BigBashiru:

The black man and all their countries are total disasters not just buhari.

You can say that again bro.. It's pathetic!
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Ravenbeast1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
modsfucker:

I know... I was just trying to say that this type of December rush is not healthy for the markets, hence the comparison with MMM... I'm into stocks and I know it very well

If you really into stock market. Can I get to learn from you? I'm interested
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by modsfucker: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ravenbeast1:

If you really into stock market. Can I get to learn from you? I'm interested

I'm a terrible teacher, but the below link may be of help

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/investing-101-how-the-stock-market-works/eke7rfw.amp

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by Legendguru: 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
Oh
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by dipoolowoo: 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Expert Spokesboy, I hope you know that market capitalisation is the same thing as the total value of all stocks trading on the exchange.

So, if the value went down by N71 billion as captured in the article, does it not also mean the amount was lost by the stock market in the period under review?

spokesboy:
A market mediocre reporter @ dipoolowoo
The correct subject is "Stock Market Capitalisation declined by N71billion....". Your subject is misleading and capable of causing panic. Is it you or your villagers who lost that amount?
To help you understand better, the same week your report is referring to, the market value traded by the Top 10 firms (representing 74% of the total market trades) totalled N19billion for both buy and sell. So pls explain how in the same week we lost "N71bn".
The "market cap" and "ASI index" are both market directional indicators and not a replica of the actual value traded, gained or lost.
This is my second time of correcting you. Next time will be much harder. Beware!!!
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by godofuck231: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Morons keep making laws that kills the economy , old senile men who should be in their are struggling with power and time that's tactically dosent have a place for them
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by RealityShot: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
Okoyiboz3:
Smart investors are playing safe in December, idiots who put their money in MMM that year were pumping money into ponzi scheme in December.

you are calling them "idiots" now because it failed...

the N71b that is lost here, is it not "smart" investors that lost it?

since according to you, all who put money in mmm were "idiots"...then all in stocks are "smart"... LOL...SORRY

remember, people built houses and more with mmm profits
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by DZTech: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
ur ignorance is as astounding as ur bombast is nauseating.
post=84726344:

No time for panic sales.

One of our goons!

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by DZTech: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Expert Spokesboy, I hope you know that market capitalisation is the same thing as the total value of all stocks trading on the exchange.

So, if the value went down by N71 billion as captured in the article, does it not also mean the amount was lost by the stock market in the period under review?

bros

jump an pass
Re: Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe by spokesboy: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
@ dipoolowoo
I can see where you are missing it bro. Market capitalisation is not the total value of all stocks trading. Rather it is the total value of all listed stocks (both free floating and non-floating) i.e. traded and non-traded. Currently, over 70% of the market capitalisation are non-traded and held by core investors, founders, PE firms and others. So, it is wrong to assume that all listed stocks are traded. Dangote, Jim, Otedola (before his divestment from FO), and etc don't care much about the daily movement in share price.
In summary, pls stop your misinformation and be open hearted to accept correction.
dipoolowoo:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yuan Sale By CBN Excites Traders / Konga Service Disrupts Due To Fuel Scarcity - See Message / MTN Returns To Profit As It Overcomes $1billion Nigeria Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.