Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC (32341 Views)

Delta Poly Students Celebrate Exit Of Rector By Sweeping Main Gate (Pictures) / WAEC: Secondary Schools To Reopen On August 4, 2020 For Exit Classes Only / Federal University Ebonyi Generates Own Power, Independent Of National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by ewosk: 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
Nice one more institutions should do this in no time power generation and supply will leave the exclusive list and power failure will become a thing of the past

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by adelaja70(m): 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
there is only one GREATEST IFE!...

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by alsudaes1(m): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
emeijeh:
People wen get sense.
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by KushLyon(m): 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Uniben come and see your mate angry na to dey owe millions every year for electricity bill dem sabi

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
deepwater:
A train station in Japan exceeds the Nigerian national grid already. It's no brainer.

There is something phenomenal about Nigeria, even as cardi B enter Lagos her skin color change immediately.

Before you quote me, try to snap a picture before boarding a plane out of this shithole and snap another picture with same phone and cloths immediately you land anywhere else in this world. Then only u will see you real face undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by frowland(m): 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
deepwater:
A train station in Japan exceeds the Nigerian national grid already. It's no brainer.

There is something phenomenal about Nigeria, even as cardi B enter Lagos her skin color change immediately.

Before you quote me, try to snap a picture before boarding a plane out of this shithole and snap another picture with same phone and cloths immediately you land anywhere else in this world. Then only u will see you real face undecided
[/s]

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by chloride6: 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
Was on the campus few months back, saw some installed solar panels, but I don't that is what the school is hoping to rely on though, cos energy outputs from solar panels that can.power the school should be much more than what I saw.

But what the vc did not state clearly is the means for this independent power generation. Certainly, not hydro.

One criminal muppet convulsing with the impression of "tormenting" me or in any convo with him keeps me laughing uncontrollably. grin

Infact it is hydro
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
eduman365:
Independent power projects, especially at state level would have been the most sensible solution to the power problem in Nigeria. But the greedy mafia at the federal level always want to stagnate things in the country...

Niger Delta can generate its own electricity easily, Lagos can, even most parts of the North can create solar farms and take advantage of the vast desert lands they have, all that, added to what the National grid has would have solved our power issues...

Kudos to OAU. Great uni!!!
they are stagnating it because they want to keep on importing generators from china into naija.generator importation business is very lucrative business in naija and most of the power brokers in naija are involved in the business.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by obiekunie2: 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
deepwater:

see your prove sir.

divine obuduru - aka "I never expered it"

see him in naija looking like dry fish - and the other pix is him in USA looking like a palm tree planted by the river side.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by carnal: 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
Was on the campus few months back, saw some installed solar panels, but I don't that is what the school is hoping to rely on though, cos energy outputs from solar panels that can.power the school should be much more than what I saw.

But what the vc did not state clearly is the means for this independent power generation. Certainly, not hydro.

One criminal muppet convulsing with the impression of "tormenting" me or in any convo with him keeps me laughing uncontrollably. grin
its hydro.
A friend who is an engineer is part of the project

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Simplyleo: 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
chloride6:

Infact it is hydro

Please where is the hydro plant located, cos I can't find any dam on the campus.
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Rolex66: 10:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
From inception, Covenant University, in fact CanaanLand, Otta, has been running off-national power grid.

So ,nothing new
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by MetaPhysical: 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
I hope they will work on exiting the Federation curriculum as well and go back to being an independent university.
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by FemiMaduka(m): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
Very commendable. Every serious university with a functional faculty of engineering should create its own power, especially in countries where the power supply from the public mains is epileptic.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
lefulefu:
they are stagnating it because they want to keep on importing generators from china into naija.generator importation business is very lucrative business in naija and most of the power brokers in naija are involved in the business.

That generator conspiracy theory is trash bro. We just aren't generating enough energy to power a 200million populace...

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Godhatesodomy: 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
Wow
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Simplyleo: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
FemiMaduka:
Very commendable. Every serious university with a functional faculty of engineering should create its own power, especially in countries where the power supply from the public mains is epileptic.
It doesn't work that way.

Having functional engineering faculty is one thing and handling projects is another.

That a school has a functional engineering faculty doesn't translate into being able to carry out projects. Projects like this are contracted to firms with dedicated facilities for handling them. The facilities in institutions of learning are for demonstration purposes, besides, the lecturers and students without field experience can't handle those projects. That is the practice all over the world.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
eduman365:

That generator conspiracy theory is trash bro. We just aren't generating enough energy to power a 200million populace...
Nigeria is among the highest importer of generators worldwide.Most of the big men and men in political office in nigeria are involved in the importation of generators. the govt can power 200 million populace but they dont want to do it because if they do it who will then be buying the generators they are importing.ppl say why we dont have stable electricity is because of our population but then why is it that countries that have twice our population have stable power supply.they in power know what they are doing.the less stable eletricity that nigeria has the more underdeveloped it becomes.
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by lollybizzu(m): 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
Jeezuzpick:
Let disgruntled students not go and destroy the installation in the name of "Aluta" o.

Obviously, you don't know great Ife!

When aluta happens in GREAT IFE, even the smallest flower you don't dare cut talk less of breaking or destroying something.

For learning and culture.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by BravoDe: 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
Simplyleo:

Please where is the hydro plant located, cos I can't find any dam on the campus.
Lol, Oau even has dam as bus stop
Just enter a shuttle going to campus and tell the driver u wanna drop at dam, it's a bus stop that leads to the dam

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by deji68: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
If my memory is correct , there is a dam near the VCs residence....
Simplyleo:

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by nauto: 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
Obafemi Awolowo University Project still available
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by edoairways: 11:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
deepwater:

grin grin
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by johnjay4u2u(m): 12:04am On Dec 09, 2019
dont8:
Great one from OAU, this is what a University should be known for.

I don't know why electricity should still be in an exclusive list up to this moment, imagine if every State or Local govt can generate own power with IPP,
Nigeria would have been industrialized by now and non-employment would have been reduced considerably.

National grid phrase is the problem.
only learning institutions have authority to generate and keep power without remitting to national grid.
Universities can even supply surrounding neighborhood and get paid.

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by ofwest47(m): 12:04am On Dec 09, 2019
A well focused V C

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by baby124: 12:14am On Dec 09, 2019
At least this shows the lecturers and students in the engineering department did not buy or sleep with lecturer for their degrees. Those kinds of universities and departments only breed mediocres. Unilag has been exposed to be highly mediocre judging by the gang of lecturers and students in the cold room.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by RexTramadol1: 12:15am On Dec 09, 2019
Simplyleo:

Lol, OAU as a campus is served water through the campus dam

If you're conversant with threads on NL years back

There was a thread on indigenes of ife poisoning the dam

2 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Commentor: 12:31am On Dec 09, 2019
deepwater:

Oh hush.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LUTH Medical School Female Hostel Idi Araba, Lagos (Pictures) / Nigerian Private Universities With The Biggest Landmass / Almajiri Brutally Flogged In Kano For Too Much Roaming Around (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.