Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. (2345 Views)

CCTV Footage Of Sowore's Arrest By DSS / Atiku Reacts To The Arrest Of Sowore By DSS / Eedris Abudulkareem Reacts To Arrest Of Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
In 2014, Amaechi threatened to form a parallel government if APC losses out on the elections, he was never arrested; nobody talked about the security implications of his comment.

Again, not too long ago, a supposed "Distinguished Senator" went to the hallowed chamber, took out our reverred instrument of sovereignty- the Maze of the National House. That has security implications, throwing questions of how we protect our sovereign institutions, no court action against him; but was instead rewarded.

Sometime ago, someone made a statement as to blood and baboons being soaked in blood. Nobody raised issues as to whether that is "hate speech" or heating up the polity.

Remember how same person labelled a tribe "5%" and his supporters kept chanting the slogan, not thinking if same is "hate speech."

How they turn around to boldly say Sowore's is heating the polity and there are security implications in his call for protest beats me. If that isn't hypocrisy, what is?

Remember power is transient. PDP still suffers the consequences of not sanitizing our elections. The "other party" may be a victim of the dangerous precedent it is setting now with regards to abuse of power.

Watch I was careful so I'm not held tomorrow for hate-speech. I believe this isn't the kind of Nigeria we always wanted.

Presidency, Viber, sonofgod

12 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by oyin44: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
what is wrong with Nigeria's system? Or do you want to rebel against the system? Since you cannot beat the system like sowore then join it or accept it.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyin44:
what is wrong with Nigeria's system? Or do you want to rebel against the system? Since you cannot beat the system like sowore then join it or accept it.
I'm more concerned with the hypocrisy of those that turn a blind eye to theft rot in their house, but interested in that of another person's.

Your team dishes out varieties of hate-speech. You used the instrument of social media to bring down a former regime. You took advantage of protests and even threatened a treasonable act by setting up a parallel government. What moral justification do you have to question a call for protests by whatever name it is given?

You wear an anti-corrosion toga but have been asked to investigate a man driving a Bullion van to his house on election eve, and you begin to raise arguments to justify it. Sometimes these guys sound....

Lalaclasticlala, Mynd44

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Commentor: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
mcquin:
In 2014, Amaechi threatened to form a parallel government if APC losses out on the elections, he was never arrested; nobody talked about the security implications of his comment.

Again, not too long ago, a supposed "Distinguished Senator" went to the hallowed chamber, took out our reverred instrument of sovereignty- the Maze of the National House. That has security implications, throwing questions of how we protect our sovereign institutions, no court action against him; but was instead rewarded.

Sometime ago, someone made a statement as to blood and baboons being soaked in blood. Nobody raised issues as to whether that is "hate speech" or heating up the polity.

Remember how same person labelled a tribe "5%" and his supporters kept chanting the slogan, not thinking if same is "hate speech."

How they turn around to boldly say Sowore's is heating the polity and there are security implications in his call for protest beats me. If that isn't hypocrisy, what is?

Remember power is transient. PDP still suffers the consequences of not sanitizing our elections. The "other party" may be a victim of the dangerous precedent it is seeking now with regards to abuse of power.

Watch I was careful so I'm not held tomorrow for hate-speech. I believe this isn't the kind of Nigeria we always wanted.

Your opening statement is a lie.

And here you are talking about hypocrisy.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Offcourse they are hypocrites and lovers of lies, I can imagine the rage that would have happened if the evil thing was arrested after his famous dog and baboon threat of 2011 which left many dead.

What change has the clown brought? We spend more on subsidy, security is still a mess, corruption thrives like it has being, healthcare, power, education, etc is still in shambles...sai babarians.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
The day DSS visits Miyetti Allah is the day I would take APC dumbos serious.

Miyetti Allah has taken responsibility for so many killings and bloodshed yet they have never been questioned by DSS, they are now called a socio cultural organization and have been rewarded with a multi billion naira initiative.

I don't know who has bewitched my people! Yorubas fighting for ruga, fighting for the oppression of her people, fighting to have the army check ID cards, fighting for social media regulations.

It has to be witchcraft.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Slynation(m): 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
Then welcome to Nigeria where mediocrity is been rewarded, as long as some factions of people whom are at the top of the food chain in governmental hierarchies are satisfied with the process, then everything in Nigeria is perfectly ok.... Reason this country will continue to move in a haphazardly direction

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
When the previous regime lack the political will to make the citizens fall in line.their is always a freedom of speech but the freedom after is not always sure.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
Long live Sowore, to hell with those uttering bullshit

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
Commentor:

Your opening statement is a lie.

And here you are talking about hypocrisy.
Atleast you never said other assertions are untrue.

Finally, did the president truncate democracy at any time in his life?

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
hakeemhakeem:
When the previous regime lack the political will to make the citizens fall in line.their is always a freedom of speech but the freedom after is not always sure.
My question is simple. Those that benefitted from the freedom they enjoyed, do they have any moral justification to kick against same freedom now?

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
StaffofOrayan:

Miyetti Allah has taken responsibility for so many killings and bloodshed yet they have never been questioned by DSS, they are now called a socio cultural organization and have been rewarded with a multi billion naira initiative.

I don't know who has bewitched my people! Yorubas fighting for ruga, fighting for the oppression of her people, fighting to have the army check ID cards, fighting for social media regulations.

It has to be witchcraft.
Very salient points raised. Beremx, , zangazanga, should address this.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Commentor: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
mcquin:

Atleast you never said other assertions are untrue.

Finally, did the president truncate democracy at any time in his life?

I didn't bother to read the rest of your scrawlings you wish we waste our time on.

Once the premise is based on falsehood it should be regarded as garbage, which it ultimately is.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Bemunda666: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

I didn't bother to read the rest of your scrawlings you wish we waste our time on.

Once the premise is based on falsehood it should be regarded as garbage, which it ultimately is.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
Commentor:

I'll be civil in my reply.

Bros did Buhari truncate democracy at any time?

That's short enough.

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Commentor: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
mcquin:

I'll be civil in my reply.

Bros did Buhari truncate democracy at any time?

That's short enough.

We never had a conversation.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Bemunda666: 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Commentor:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/171627-apc-vows-form-parallel-government-2015-elections-rigged.html.

Do yourself a favour, open the link above and read up what you call "falsehood." And please be decent in your response to people.

7 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
Commentor:

Typical of Buhari's supporters. You can't make a clear point.

I asked a question. Not concerned if we had a conversation or not.

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Gandollaar(f): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyin44:
This is base. This is too low. What's wrong with Nigeria system? Do you still live with your parents?

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
StaffofOrayan:

It has to be witchcraft.
The name of the potion is tinubu for president 2023

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
mcquin:

Typical of Buhari's supporters. You can't make a clear point.

I asked a question. Not concerned if we had a conversation or not.
Can't you see he had disappeared once you provided the link?
Even a toddler knows amaechi said such in 2015.
But this mental slaves have become zombies all because tinubu wants to be president

7 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Gandollaar(f): 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
Commentor:

Stop fishing for idiots! What's the difference in what Amaechi said and what mcquin wrote? Must he quote the lizard of ubima verbatim to make his point?

And you sauntered in, feeling like a joy forever and bullied the OP into confusion about his own convictions. embarassed
Gerrarahia!

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by idid: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
Bro don't mind them ooo

mcquin:

Remember power is transient. PDP still suffers the consequences of not sanitizing our elections. The "other party" may be a victim of the dangerous precedent it is seeking now with regards to abuse of power.

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Can't you see he had disappeared once you provided the link?
Even a toddler knows amaechi said such in 2015.
But this mental slaves have become zombies all because tinubu wants to be president
Its so sad that many have lost their conscience in Nigeria. If you supported the man in 2015 as a result of ignorance. It's no big deal to own up to the mistake and going forward criticize him where necessary. Patriotism isn't following one blindly.

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by oyin44: 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
Gandollaar:
This is base. This is too low. What's wrong with Nigeria system? Do you still live with your parents?
l"ope you 're not cursed.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
One part that annoys me is when I hear the supporters of this government say, "GEJ did the same thing, GEJ used DSS too," and you begin to wonder what the CHANGE mantra they used in deceiving many in 2015 was about. For heaven's sake of you were not prepared to do things differently, why ask us to change government. And in any case, this government has done far worse that Jonathan did. See me now being too afraid to mention names in this regime, when in Jonathan's regime, many freely called him names, insulted him and his wife.

If Jonathan did nothing, atleast he allowed the freedom of speech and information, a basic right we are lacking these days.

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by fykes(m): 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
mcquin:

My question is simple. Those that benefitted from the freedom they enjoyed, do they have any moral justification to kick against same freedom now?
I will answer u.
First, "politics is war, by other means"
Then, "all is fair in love and war"
Finally, "in times of war, moral obligations takes d back seat"
Do the math and get ur answer.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
All I know is that this government represents all it preached against during the regime of Good luck Jonathan

And if that's not the true definition if hypocrisy, I don't know what else is

To think that they used a pastor for their make believe is not only nauseating but disappointing

How low are they willing to go

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by Danzakidakura(m): 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyin44:
no sir you dont join them, but you should organize people to help you beat them.MNK has been beating them with his IPOB with foreign backups that refused to recognize them as
terrorists

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Sowore's Critics. by mcquin(m): 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
fykes:

I will answer u.
First, "politics is war, by other means"
Then, "all is fair in love and war"
Finally, "in times of war, moral obligations takes d back seat"
Do the math and get ur answer.
I beg to disagree. A gentleman once said, "my political ambition is not worth the blood of anyone," and he stayed true to it. He had all the aces, could remove Jega, then INEC chairman; but chose not to heat up the polity. Today even those in opposition won't raise a brow if Jonathan is crowned father of modern democracy.

The day you lose a loved one to politics in the name of it being war, then you'd understand that politics is primarily public service. I pray the good Lord helps disabuse the mind of Nigerians of this thuggish approach to life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Western Nigeria Dragged And Disgraced On Facebook For Supporting Biden / Asari Dokubo: Wike Is An Igbo Man / S’east Shippers Protest Suspension Of Onitsha River Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.