Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion (1258 Views)

OPINION: 8 Best Movies To Stream On Showmax This Month / Entertaining Movies To See This Weekend / “the Housemates Are Not Entertaining Us” - Nigerians Reacts To BBN Double Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bigfizh(m): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Maybe it's just me, I find dstv channels boring these days, they keep repeating old movies
/ Shows over and over, and for the past few weeks I have had cause to turn off the decoder and watch movies I downloaded online or watch shows I saved on Explora months back, this is where I wish we had alternative cable TVs that can compete with DSTV.
I'm contemplating on reducing my subscription from premium to lower packages.
The management of DSTV should look into this urgently.

6 Likes

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by alphaNomega: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
There are lots of channels you can choose from on the Premium package. Ever considered that?
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by fernandoc(m): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is very true! Can’t believe I’d subscribe and still be looking for movies to download online to watch

3 Likes

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by Efizypapa: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
I have been wondering too, maybe the economy is affecting them

1 Like

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by Slynation(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
Honestly i thought am alone on this, if there is no live football, everything becomes boring on DSTV, I'm a fan of natgeo wild but same repetition as well....

3 Likes

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bigfizh(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
fernandoc:
This is very true! Can’t believe I’d subscribe and still be looking for movies to download online to watch

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bigfizh(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
Slynation:
Honestly i thought am alone on this, if there is no love football, everything becomes boring on DSTV, I'm a fan of natgeo wild but same repetition as well....

It wasn't always like this, I hope they adjust soon

1 Like

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by Slynation(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
bigfizh:

It wasn't always like this, I hope they adjust soon
I doubt tho, unless a serious competitor will step into the picture

1 Like

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by Tellemall: 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
alphaNomega:
There are lots of channels you can choose from on the Premium package. Ever considered that?

Even premium gets so boring! There is nothing worse than having about a hundred channels and none of them are interesting enough. I thought I was the only one getting bored with cable.

1 Like

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bestpunterever: 10:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
I had resorted to android box since, now I used to watch a lot of better channels.
HBO, Bein movies and more, the only challenge so far is a stable internet.
take EPL from Dstv, startimes will become their mate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by thinksquad(m): 11:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
Then imagine wat people face with gotv.
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bigfizh(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2019
bestpunterever:
I had resorted to android box since, now I used to watch a lot of better channels.
HBO, Bein movies and more, the only challenge so far is a stable internet.
take EPL from Dstv, startimes will become their mate.

cheesy
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bigfizh(m): 9:47am On Dec 09, 2019
thinksquad:
Then imagine wat people face with gotv.

Yeah
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 09, 2019
Football is the only reason I subscribe these days. Imagine when they mistakenly lose the right of EPL to another cable company. It go shock them.
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bigfizh(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2019
NeededGist:
Football is the only reason I subscribe these days. Imagine when they mistakenly lose the right of EPL to another cable company. It go shock them.

This EPL right I guess it's the reason why they are lagging, and people still subscribe, if they were to lose it, they will be on their toes again, too bad we don't have a competitive cable TV at the moment to rival these guys
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by edoairways: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
bigfizh:
Maybe it's just me, I find dstv channels boring these days, they keep repeating old movies
/ Shows over and over, and for the past few weeks I have had cause to turn off the decoder and watch movies I downloaded online or watch shows I saved on Explora months back, this is where I wish we had alternative cable TVs that can compete with DSTV.
I'm contemplating on reducing my subscription from premium to lower packages.
The management of DSTV should look into this urgently.
Star times is an alternative to multi choice. Multi choice have rules that guide them in airing movies. Don't expect them to air new movies when they haven't gotten the permission from the movie producers to do so.
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bestpunterever: 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
edoairways:

Star times is an alternative to multi choice. Multi choice have rules that guide them in airing movies. Don't expect them to air new movies when they haven't gotten the permission from the movie producers to do so.
we are not talking about new movies alone, we are talking about repetition of programmes.. maybe they need to learn from others, I watch Bein movies, Bein series channels..
Oga you go curse DSTV if watch those channels, the fact is Dstv current channels are not top notch.

3 Likes

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by BlackManta(m): 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
bestpunterever:
we are not talking about new movies alone, we are talking about repetition of programmes.. maybe they need to learn from others, I watch Bein movies, Bein series channels..
Oga you go curse DSTV if watch those channels, the fact is Dstv current channels are not top notch.

Which cable TV are you using to watch Bein movie and series channels ?
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bestpunterever: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
BlackManta:

Which cable TV are you using to watch Bein movie and series channels ?
IPTV on android box

1 Like

Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by obo389(m): 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
bestpunterever:
IPTV on android box
How do one get that or do they sell it?
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bestpunterever: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
obo389:

How do one get that or do they sell it?
they do sell, you can get a lot of TV app too but your Internet must be very strong.
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by obo389(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
bestpunterever:
they do sell, you can get a lot of TV app too but your Internet must be very strong.
Ok.
Please how can I get it sir?
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bestpunterever: 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
obo389:

Ok.
Please how can I get it sir?
download mobdro apk, redbox Tv, NetTV those are the apps I'm currently using, and you can download them on your Android box and Enjoy.
just search for them through google.
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by edoairways: 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
bestpunterever:
It is same thing. Like I said earlier, they rarely show new programs because they are restricted from airing them. They would show new ones once in a while. Even the Bein movies you posted has some restrictions but you wouldn't see it because you haven't study them for long
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by bestpunterever: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
edoairways:

It is same thing. Like I said earlier, they rarely show new programs because they are restricted from airing them. They would show new ones once in a while. Even the Bein movies you posted has some restrictions but you wouldn't see it because you haven't study them for long
I used Dstv for good 2 years, I started using andriod box since last year, baba them no be mate I swear...I repeat! remove EPL from DSTV... DSTV become shit. even the African Magic yoruba, you go fear with their nonsense movie repetition.
for Example with bein sports channels alone, you get to watch EPL, Carling cup, Laliga, Copa del rey, Serie A, italia cup, league 1, Germany league, NBA basketball, American NFL, it can never get boring.
Baba, I swear Dstv na nonsense.
Re: Dstv No Longer Entertaining These Days : Personal Opinion by obo389(m): 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
bestpunterever:
download mobdro apk, redbox Tv, NetTV those are the apps I'm currently using, and you can download them on your Android box and Enjoy.
just search for them through google.
Alright.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I Want You To Help Post The Website Of Nextmovie Star,sothat I Canregister / Americans Are Stupid! / X-factor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.