Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Help! Medical Advice Needed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Medical Advice Needed (1163 Views)

A Lump In My Scrotum(3 Testicle)......medical Advice Needed, Pls Help!! PHOTO / She's In Hospital Over Ovarian Cyst Complications! Gynaecologist's Advice Needed / Medical Advice Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hello fellow nairalanders.

I'll go straight to the point. Sometime last week while looking at the mirror, I observed that my tonsils behind my throat were swollen with white spots. I would have thought tonsilitis or strepthroat, but it does not hurt me in any way neither am I experiencing symptoms of the aforementioned health cases. I swallow without pains. I was prescribed chymotrypsin(Maxmoral) a day later and I've used this for 3 days my tonsils still have with spots in them. "Googling the symptoms" have given me sleepless nights because of the horrific things I've read.
Please, is there some antibiotics I can use for this? Should I be worried?

Medical practitioners in the house your opinions shall be welcomed.
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by healthserve(m): 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Cc NairalandDoctor
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Nigerians and shortcut sha...oga go see a qualified medical doctor in a hospital before water pass garri

1 Like

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by alphaNomega: 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
You must really hate hospitals so much to post this thing online. Please visit a standard hospital.

1 Like

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
y:
You must really hate hospitals so much to post this thing online. Please visit a standard hospital.
Its not so. Based on my current location now, I felt I needed to hear few opinions here to see if it can be managed.
But thanks for your input

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
stop thinking that its hiv

1 Like

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Tellemall: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Darkmode64:
Hello fellow nairalanders.

I'll go straight to the point. Sometime last week while looking at the mirror, I observed that my tonsils behind my throat were swollen with white spots. I would have thought tonsilitis or strepthroat, but it does not hurt me in any way neither am I experiencing symptoms of the aforementioned health cases. I swallow without pains. I was prescribed chymotrypsin(Maxmoral) a day later and I've used this for 3 days my tonsils still have with spots in them. "Googling the symptoms" have given me sleepless nights because of the horrific things I've read.
Please, is there some antibiotics I can use for this? Should I be worried?

Medical practitioners in the house your opinions shall be welcomed.

It's just tonsilloliths.

Gargle warm salt water. They come on with a cold or cough.

Fear not.

If you really don't want them, you can pick them out, but that would cause bleeding. So just stick with the gargling warm salted water. They will eventually fall off on their own.
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
aminu114:
stop thinking that its hiv
Thanks man
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tellemall:

It's just tonsilloliths.

Gargle warm salt water. They come on with a cold or cough.

Fear not.

If you really don't want them, you can pick them out, but that would cause bleeding. So just stick with the gargling warm salted water. They will eventually fall off on their own.
Thanks for you input cool
Dont you think tonsillitis come with pain?
Mine is painless. I have no trouble swallowing
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Tellemall: 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
Darkmode64:

Thanks for you input cool
Dont you think tonsillitis come with pain?
Mine is painless. I have no trouble swallowing

Not tonsillitis. Tonsilloliths.

Those white things are accumulated dirt. But the good news is that they aren't permanent or anything to fear. Hopefully your food can push it down when you swallow wink
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 10:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tellemall:

Not tonsillitis. Tonsilloliths.

Those white things are accumulated dirt. But the good news is that they aren't permanent or anything to fear. Hopefully your food can push it down when you swallow wink
Oh thanks for the clarification
You're right. I can see some white tonsil stones in the holes of the tonsils. I've been gargling with warm water and salt though.
I was terrified when i entered google bro.
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Tellemall: 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
Darkmode64:

Oh thanks for the clarification
You're right. I can see some white tonsil stones in the holes of the tonsils. I've been gargling with warm water and salt though.
I was terrified when i entered google bro.

Lol. If you're not careful, you will get sick by merely reading the results of the Google search. grin
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tellemall:

Lol. If you're not careful, you will get sick by merely reading the results of the Google search. grin
You're not far from the truth. Learned the hard way this time. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by NairalandDoctor(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2019
healthserve:
Cc NairalandDoctor
thanks healthserve for reaching out.

To the op can you email me with a picture of the swollen tonsil? Cc Darkmode64. Thanks in anticipation.

₦airalandDoctor
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
NairalandDoctor:

To the op can you email me with a picture of the swollen tonsil? Cc Darkmode64. Thanks in anticipation.

₦airalandDoctor
I'll do that right away.
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by NairalandDoctor(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Darkmode64:

I'll do that right away.
ok

1 Like

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Update
Few weeks ago after posting this thread, I got in touch with NairalandDoctor. And after observing the throat, he prescribed some drugs.
Just wanted to inform you guys I'm fully recovered and my tonsils are no longer swollen.

Cc: Tellemall, healthserve, aminu114, alphaNomega6 and to my doc NairalandDoctor. Thank you all.
Have a blast this yuletide. Season greetings
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by healthserve(m): 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
Darkmode64:
Update
Few weeks ago after posting this thread, I got in touch with NairalandDoctor. And after observing the throat he prescribed prescribed some drugs.
Just wanted to inform you guys I'm fully recovered and my tonsils are no longer swollen.

Cc: Tellemall, healthserve, aminu114, alphaNomega6 and to my doc NairalandDoctor. Thank you all.

Yeeey! I Remember. Congrats. Kudos to NairalandDoctor. Nice job

2 Likes

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 2:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
healthserve:

Yeeey! I Remember. Congrats. Kudos to NairalandDoctor. Nice job
Thanks for the love Bro.
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Tellemall: 4:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
Darkmode64:
Update
Few weeks ago after posting this thread, I got in touch with NairalandDoctor. And after observing the throat, he prescribed some drugs.

Fantastic. Enjoy your good health and take care of yourself.

Have a wonderful festive season.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Buje111: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2022
NairalandDoctor:

₦airalandDoctor
Please good Aftonon am having the same issues presently and it’s really weakening me please I looked into the mirror and I notice my two tonsils are swollen please I need a fast attention please
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Buje111: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2022
Darkmode64:
Update

Please which drugs did you use I beg of you I need a fast respond
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2022
Buje111:

Please which drugs did you use I beg of you I need a fast respond
Relax comrade. What's the situation?
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Buje111: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2022
Darkmode64:

Relax comrade. What's the situation?
My broth Tonsils are inflamed and I feel discomfort

So I saw he post so I wanted to know if we could talk

‪08137464541‬

Pls if you can reach out to me via WhatsApp pls

1 Like

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Bela19: 8:23pm On Jan 06
Darkmode64:

I'll do that right away.
Please can u send me your email address I will like to talk to you about my tonsillitis I need medical advice. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Bela19: 8:33pm On Jan 06
NairalandDoctor:

₦airalandDoctor
please I need your advice I have been having tonsillitis for years now it's not painful just swollen please I need medical advice thank you
Re: Help! Medical Advice Needed by Darkmode64: 10:48pm On Jan 06
Bela19:

Please can u send me your email address I will like to talk to you about my tonsillitis I need medical advice. Thank you
Hey boss, I'll follow you. Shoot me an email

(1) (Reply)

Women Are Making Coronavirus Face Masks Out Of Their Bras, But Experts Warn Mask / Warning! P-ALAXIN Is Dangerous / I Have Tuberculosis, What Will I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.