Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University (4859 Views)

After 5 Years Studying Agricultural Economics, I OFFICIALLY Signed Out Today!! / Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) / Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by dekronik: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is the alleged Statement of Result of a fellow who was said to have been admitted into the University of Maiduguri in 1991.
A picture is worth a thousand words, so I won't say much.

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
There's no way anyone can be allowed to study for 28 straight years at a university. There was probably a dispute with the person's certificate issuance back then in 1991 which was never resolved until the concerned person took a step... It happens you know.

13 Likes

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by itsme01: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
we really need social media regulated... i mean why post someones credentials without authorisation just for few likes and share

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by SmallmebigGod: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
eduman365:
There's no way anyone can be allowed to study for 28 years straight at a university. There was probably a dispute with the person's certificate issuance back then in 1991 which probably was never resolved until the concerned person took a step... It happens you know.
I doubt if such rule exist.Though I have not seen 28 before. It is not so uncommon to see 14, 15 years in medical school.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

I doubt if such rule exist.Though I have not seen 28 before. It is not so uncommon to see 14, 15 years in medical school.

Most universities in Nigeria have 10 years as the maximum number of years for a bachelor's degree completion. Contrary to what you said, it is highly uncommon to see anyone who spent 14-15 years of his life on a degree...

2 Likes

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by SmallmebigGod: 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
eduman365:

Most universities in Nigeria have 10 years as the maximum number of years for a bachelor's degree completion. Contrary to what you said, it is highly uncommon to see anyone who spent 14-15 years of his life on a degree...
Ah eduman 14-15 years in medical school is as common as common. For example. Without repeating any year i spent 9 years. (ASUU + school internal problems) And we have people repeating almost every level. Sometimes even in schools that run smooth calendar , they may consider it too dangerous to withdraw someone from medical school after spending 8years for example. So they can leave the person their at one level , repeating till he passed. There are also cases of people who where sent out, went to court and won and then return.

3 Likes

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

Ah eduman 14-15 years in medical school is as common as common. For example. Without repeating any year i spent 9 years. (ASUU + school internal problems) And we have people repeating almost every level. Sometimes even in schools that run smooth calendar , they may consider it too dangerous to withdraw someone from medical school after spending 8years for example. So they can leave the person their at one level , repeating till he passed. There are also cases of people who where sent out, went to court and won and then return.

Bro, when you talk about it from the angle of strikes, it's another thing entirely. Also, if a school calender is the major reason for a delay, we really can't count that as a delayed or overtime studies.

With regards to the basic duration of a degree, internal factors not considered, most schools have a maximum duration of between 4-10 years. Medicine itself is a long duration course, coupled with strikes and internal issues is another thing, but saying someone spent 28 straight years trying to get a degree is insanely impossible. Cos that would mean that person failed every course, every year for like 3-4 times and was never advised to withdraw or dropped from the department, especially for a course like medicine? Naah!

2 Likes

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by ValCon888: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
This student cannot be studying medicine.
Probably reading to be a babalawo, ifa priest, marabout or dibia.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by ZiriMane(m): 10:30pm On Dec 08, 2019
28yrs?
so wer does MBBS come in?
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Yustash001(m): 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
28 years haba and book still dey enter brain?

1 Like

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
He was likely suspended from the university until further notice. So it's now they revisit his matter. But I believe he might have gotten another degree elsewhere since because once you are suspended from university, na to look for alternatives especially if the degree of your accusations is weighty.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Khd95(m): 12:07am On Dec 09, 2019
Whaaaat!!!

Is he studying how to operate on boo_hari's brain

1 Like

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by kennyjam: 2:21am On Dec 09, 2019
this one weak me ooo... who this one wan work or treat? definitely not me....
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Stanweezy(m): 6:36am On Dec 09, 2019
That dude was suspended and the school later revisit his offense and reinstate him.

Remember the case of University of Abuja SUG president that was rusticated for organising protest against school management after so many years he was called back when the guy man don already get degree some where else
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by DGeneral123(m): 6:46am On Dec 09, 2019
Eh eh! 28 what

Meanwhile, Lets Refill your Printer Toner Cartridge Today and Save Cost. Check my Signature for contact.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by emmasege: 6:54am On Dec 09, 2019
itsme01:
we really need social media regulated... i mean why post someones credentials without authorisation just for few likes and share
Yes, we need it to be regulated for reasons like this but the ulterior motive of the tyrant Buhari is the reason why many are opposed to the idea.

Under a Buhari-led government, the disadvantages of social media regulation far outweigh its advantages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by itsme01: 7:08am On Dec 09, 2019
emmasege:
Yes, we need it to be regulated for reasons like this but the ulterior motive of the tyrant Buhari is the reason why many are opposed to the idea.

Under a Buhari-led government, the disadvantages of social media regulation far outweigh its advantages.

The bill was sponsored by a Niger state senator, its not an executive bill or executive order, chances are buhari hasnt even read the content, this is a legislative bill and lawmakers elected across nigeria must redefine it and pass it before it can even get to buhari...

i personally have read the bill and i have my reservation especially death sentence but overall the bill is actually good and would work against Liar Muhammed, Onnochie and many social media rable roosters, and the best part anybody can use the law against anyone you just have to take the matters to court

1 Like

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Gratefulll(f): 7:58am On Dec 09, 2019
I have personally seen 22 years pharmacy student. So sad
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Kingluqman(m): 8:07am On Dec 09, 2019
28 what?

grin
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by emmasege: 8:12am On Dec 09, 2019
itsme01:

The bill was sponsored by a Niger state senator, its not an executive bill or executive order, chances are buhari hasnt even read the content, this is a legislative bill and lawmakers elected across nigeria must redefine it and pass it before it can even get to buhari...

i personally have read the bill and i have my reservation especially death sentence but overall the bill is actually good and would work against Liar Muhammed, Onnochie and many social media rable roosters, and the best part anybody can use the law against anyone you just have to take the matters to court
1. The fact that the bill was sponsored by a legislator doesn't mean it's devoid of executive influence. There's lobby of the parliamentarians anywhere in the world.

2. Of what use is that kind of bill in a country where rule of law has been suspended and the 'presidency' is now the rule of law? It would be naive of anyone to think the like of Lauretta & Liar Muhammed could be prosecuted should they violate the social media act. They can only be prosecuted if their allegiance is no longer to the 'presidency'.

The bill, if enacted, is only meant to gag the anti-Buharis. No Buharideen will be convicted. The act is just going to be another tool to fight the opposition like the EFCC and SSS acts.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by itsme01: 8:28am On Dec 09, 2019
emmasege:

1. The fact that the bill was sponsored by a legislator doesn't mean it's devoid of executive influence. There's lobby of the parliamentarians anywhere in the world.

2. Of what use is that kind of bill in a country where rule of law has been suspended and the 'presidency' is now the rule of law? It would be naive of anyone to think the like of Lauretta & Liar Muhammed could be prosecuted should they violate the social media act. They can only be prosecuted if their allegiance is no longer to the 'presidency'.

The bill, if enacted, is only meant to gag the anti-Buharis. No Buharideen will be convicted. The act is just going to be another tool to fight the opposition like the EFCC and SSS acts.

As much as you have every reason to be alarmed..

the bill wasnt lobbied for as it was first introduced during the 8th Assembly, if the presidency wants to introduce a bill they have every right to send in an executive bill to the senate

now to clear your doubts and worries, the law can never gag a law abiding fact given critics of the government, its similar to libel or defamation of character laws , no matter how powerful the executive may think they are only the court of law can interprete the law on all issues and even if the Executives decides to boycott court orders, the law remains sacrosant.. just as in the case of Kanu getting bail, elzakzaky and now sowore

As much as you might not like the Executives and their rascality this bill is far more broad than limiting it to buhari alone
as a matter of fact if we dont regulate our social media soon, we may soon witness another genocide

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by dekronik: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2019
I'm sorry if anyone feels offended by the pictures of the Result. This story is actually a hot topic of discussion on various SM groups especially up north. I only brought the issue here seeing as it wasn't on NL.
I have modified the post and erased the bearers name in order to respect his privacy.
Once again, no offense meant.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by dekronik: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2019
Gratefulll:
I have personally seen 22 years pharmacy student. So sad
Pharmacy, MBBS, all join. You will never see such in any Arts/Management Faculty.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2019
Fake news he probably had some issues with the School......
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by adeememman(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
He/She mustve been admitted in 1991 for a different course and graduated. Before going back for medicine many years later. For example he did biochemistry in 1991 and graduated 1996, then went back for medicine in 2012 or thereabout and the school maintained his matric number since he/she had a record with them. Im sure the owner of the result never said he spent 28 years studying medicine. These evil bloggers carrying fake news about.
Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by ADRIAN88(m): 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Infinix hot 8 (less than one month old for sale)
Serious buyers only hit me up!

Phone complete with charger, headphone, over 300 songs and pre installed apps.

Re: Student Spends 28 Years Studying Medicine At Nigerian University by doggedfighter(f): 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
There must be a gap

(1) (Reply)

Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools / Neco 2010 Results / Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.