Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,988 members, 7,956,685 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:53 PM

Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary (532 Views)

Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court / BREAKING: Sowore Is With Us, Says DSS / DSS Facility Where Sowore Is Allegedly Being Detained (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by gimmehear(f): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
Don’t start what you cannot finish. I warned Sowore when he started this game when I asked him what exactly is this #RevolutionNow all about? I went further to warn Sowore that what he was pushing himself into is a COUP d’état but he wouldn’t listen. Well, the unfortunate thing happened and Sowore played into the hands of the State. On July 25, 2019, Sowore clearly said “Don’t tell me about legal implications or what a Judge will say. I don’t care..”. Now the game is still on and Sowore will have to care about legal implications or what a Judge will say.

Let’s be clear, what Sowore did by calling and leading #RevolutionNow a few months after losing an election that he was part of would never be tolerated anywhere in the world. As a matter of fact, if he has done that in the USA, he would have been picked up before leaving any Studio. Look at it this way: Hillary Clinton lost an election to Trump. Hillary now went ahead to meet with a fugitive that’s running away from the USA Government on a case of treason outside the shore of the USA just a few months after the Presidential election. Then Hillary was bold enough to show the video clip online and categorically said she had a secret conversation with the fugitive and they both agreed on some things. Then Hillary now returned to the America to lead what was tagged #RevolutionNow. Trust me, Hillary will be forgotten in prison because that’s treason. That’s exatly what Sowore did by meeting with a Fugitive Nnamdi Kanu, then coming to Nigeria afterward.

That aside, Sowore was arrested and after back and forth, he was released yesterday. He was to be in court today and that happened. Sowore was to be rearrested by the Department of State Security DSS and the next thing was to run inside the court . Was there a warrant of arrest and did Sowore’s lawyer know this? If Sowore’s lawyer knew this, why would he ask Sowore to resist arrest on fresh charges or is there a law that says he cannot be arrested on fresh charges because he already had some in court? Did you notice that his lawyers later decided to follow DSS to their office after the whole drama in the court room? What exactly was the game plan by Sowore’s team? They had already vacated the court hall and another case was being called when he ran back, created a scene we just watched just to evade arrest and have public sympathy. Sowore simply violated the law with the aid of his lawyers. That law is the law unfortunately, Sowore is in for a long run.

Well, for today, Sowore won the game and public sympathy. Unfortunately what Sowore did today may lead to three different charges apart from whatever charges they already had against him:

1. RESISTING ARREST: Let me quote Sowore’s lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) “The atmosphere was very rowdy, but I insisted that the arrest could not be carried out within the precinct of the court. He was going to be arrested outside the premises but there was a crowd that resisted the arrest, but I appealed to everybody and asked Sowore to jump into my car and so we drove to the office of the SSS because they said he will just answer a few questions, but now he is being detained.

“We are going to take steps under the law by asking for his release again since they are claiming this is a fresh arrest. I hope we are all aware that resisting arrest is an offence punishable under the law of Nigeria and even any nation we can call “saner clime”? That drama you just watched in the court room that led to the scuffle will eventually be used against him. RESISTING ARREST.

2. ASSAULT ON DSS OFFICER: Unfortunately emotion will soon run out and reality will set in. That same video clip showed that the DSS officer holding Sowore was assaulted. Don’t abuse me yet, I’m just showing you what will eventually happen beyond emotional game. Once you assault a security officer any any CLIME, you have broken the law and will be charged accordingly.

3. VIOLATION OF BAIL CONDITION:

Part of Sowore’s bail condition was that he must not grant any interview. That video clip you watched online where he granted. Here’s what Sowore said in the interview: “It might be my only word on the record before they kill me; this is an attempt to assassinate me in court. They came with guns and they tried to shoot and they dragged me down in front of a judge after I have been granted bail.

“I said it that these are a bunch of lawless people and they were reluctant to respect the order of the court. Now they have shown it to the whole world.

“They tried to break me in prison, sent delegations to me, offering all kinds of things and I refused and they promised that I will not walk out of their detention alive and that is what they have come to implement today.”

The #RevolutionNow convener urged Nigerians not to be afraid and some people have to make the sacrifice for the Country to work.

“What is important for Nigerians to know is that I am not going to give up until every Nigerian benefit from a country that is theirs and I have made it very clear.

“Nobody in Nigeria should be afraid, it is our country and some people have to make the sacrifice for this country to be a country of rule, law and of dignity; and this also involves even judges, if suspects who have been given bail are not safe in court, the judges themselves are not safe.”

He explained that the sudden exit of justice Ojukwu is due to the manner at which the DSS operatives had caused a scene inside the courtroom.

“That is why the judge had to retire hurriedly into her chambers.

“We urge you to hang around so that you can witness this historic day in Nigeria.”

Well, Sunny Ade said and I quote his song:

“Won lomode o mela

Olohun Mela katakata

Laimo pe ela kata kata oooo

Oba Ija ni”

i.e They said a child does not know “ela” the child said he knows “ela katakata”. Not knowing that “ela katakata” is the king of battle/fight.

Painful, this game is not going to be over so soon, I wish Sowore a strong spirit and enough strategy to sort this out diplomatically.
https://www.gbetutv.com/sowore-is-a-lost-child-without-dignity-commentary/

Lalasticlala
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
It's dangerous to mess with the government, in any part of the world.

It's just that our government haven't been coded in 'dealing with' Sowore. Perhaps because Buhari is not a bloody democrat.
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by Stalwert: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
When Falz said in his song this Nigeria everybody be criminal...

He probably had his father in mind- Falana.

This same individual has been in the habit of lying serially and when caught go off to another lie.

There is no place in the world where a bail becomes an immunity from arrest only here do some fools either willfully or ignorantly try to assert such powers to BAIL.

1 Like

Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by huptin(m): 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
Someone who is supposedly in his or her right senses actually took time to concoct that poupourri of nonsense up there! This OP is the reason why Nigeria is what it is today!

Don't worry keep supporting evil, your day will come and it won't be too far from today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by idid: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2019
You discouraged him not to go ahead because in your estimation the state will find him wanting and come for his head. You are right as it has turned out to be but that is not genius, because anyone would have told him same since the Buhari administration is easy to predict.

I know that you sympathetic to his current plight. But you don't appear to understand his cause, neither what he seeks to achieve or what he wants out of it all his revolution noise of his. People think he should not have used the word revolution but that is exactly the contention and the genius in his moves. Sowore is not a baby you know. He has even predicted that he would be incacerated, and he has even told us what he is up to, so what really are you on about.

You think he is a fool? Obviously he has a goal and it seems that the state is apprently playjng into his hands with the way they are handling the matter. What he wants exactly is unfurling right in our eyes and the drama is just starting.

Watch what will happen in coming weeks.

Sowore's politics is not one to get sympathy from friends like you who are not in the same boat as him or who do not have half his boldness and vision. His politics is disruptive and idealistic, soldiers don't fear war and Sowore is ready for what to come. He is aware it is a war and I can bet you that he will come out of this as a Mandela. It seems to me he is a destiny boy who is bound to help craft something new out of the current state of political mess.

Look, Sowore has brought the hightened attention of citizens and the World to our current state of politics. He has boldly done what the whole media, NBA, judges, TUC, NLC and so on cannot do, that is, to show that in a supposedly democratic but authoritarian state, there can be a politics of contention.

Now we have all become woke in the past few days seeing right before our eyes, how much this administration is so messed up and ill prepared to govern. Without Sowore who will know how much the DSS can go to break the law, who knows how much under threat our constitution has been shortchanged by a few wicked people in power without the current noise.

That is what revolution is and it looks like he is smart anyway.

I don't know Sowore personally but it would be a pleasure to have such a bold and intelligent person as a friend. Here is how the story will end.

In the next week to two, the story will come to the attention of other governments, global organisations and leaders.

Pressure will come from more powerful organisations and individuals who will call on the Buhari adminstration to calm down. Eventually, some heads in DSS will roll. Sowore will be released, and the court will find him innocent of all charges.

He will go home and will become more powerful in Nigeria's political future. Right now, he has the biggest political capital.

And if you ask me, the stress and change that he would be instrumental to bring will contribute immensely to Nigeria's political future.

Bro he needs your prayer and support not your condemnation. Count yourself lucky to have him as friend.

gimmehear:
Don’t start what you cannot finish. I warned Sowore when he started this game when I asked him what exactly is this #RevolutionNow all about? I went further to warn Sowore that what he was pushing himself into is a COUP d’état but he wouldn’t listen. Well, the unfortunate thing happened and Sowore played into the hands of the State. On July 25, 2019, Sowore clearly said “Don’t tell me about legal implications or what a Judge will say. I don’t care..”. Now the game is still on and Sowore will have to care about legal implications or what a Judge will say.

Let’s be clear, what Sowore did by calling and leading #RevolutionNow a few months after losing an election that he was part of would never be tolerated anywhere in the world. As a matter of fact, if he has done that in the USA, he would have been picked up before leaving any Studio. Look at it this way: Hillary Clinton lost an election to Trump. Hillary now went ahead to meet with a fugitive that’s running away from the USA Government on a case of treason outside the shore of the USA just a few months after the Presidential election. Then Hillary was bold enough to show the video clip online and categorically said she had a secret conversation with the fugitive and they both agreed on some things. Then Hillary now returned to the America to lead what was tagged #RevolutionNow. Trust me, Hillary will be forgotten in prison because that’s treason. That’s exatly what Sowore did by meeting with a Fugitive Nnamdi Kanu, then coming to Nigeria afterward.

That aside, Sowore was arrested and after back and forth, he was released yesterday. He was to be in court today and that happened. Sowore was to be rearrested by the Department of State Security DSS and the next thing was to run inside the court . Was there a warrant of arrest and did Sowore’s lawyer know this? If Sowore’s lawyer knew this, why would he ask Sowore to resist arrest on fresh charges or is there a law that says he cannot be arrested on fresh charges because he already had some in court? Did you notice that his lawyers later decided to follow DSS to their office after the whole drama in the court room? What exactly was the game plan by Sowore’s team? They had already vacated the court hall and another case was being called when he ran back, created a scene we just watched just to evade arrest and have public sympathy. Sowore simply violated the law with the aid of his lawyers. That law is the law unfortunately, Sowore is in for a long run.

Well, for today, Sowore won the game and public sympathy. Unfortunately what Sowore did today may lead to three different charges apart from whatever charges they already had against him:

1. RESISTING ARREST: Let me quote Sowore’s lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) “The atmosphere was very rowdy, but I insisted that the arrest could not be carried out within the precinct of the court. He was going to be arrested outside the premises but there was a crowd that resisted the arrest, but I appealed to everybody and asked Sowore to jump into my car and so we drove to the office of the SSS because they said he will just answer a few questions, but now he is being detained.

“We are going to take steps under the law by asking for his release again since they are claiming this is a fresh arrest. I hope we are all aware that resisting arrest is an offence punishable under the law of Nigeria and even any nation we can call “saner clime”? That drama you just watched in the court room that led to the scuffle will eventually be used against him. RESISTING ARREST.

2. ASSAULT ON DSS OFFICER: Unfortunately emotion will soon run out and reality will set in. That same video clip showed that the DSS officer holding Sowore was assaulted. Don’t abuse me yet, I’m just showing you what will eventually happen beyond emotional game. Once you assault a security officer any any CLIME, you have broken the law and will be charged accordingly.

3. VIOLATION OF BAIL CONDITION:

Part of Sowore’s bail condition was that he must not grant any interview. That video clip you watched online where he granted. Here’s what Sowore said in the interview: “It might be my only word on the record before they kill me; this is an attempt to assassinate me in court. They came with guns and they tried to shoot and they dragged me down in front of a judge after I have been granted bail.

“I said it that these are a bunch of lawless people and they were reluctant to respect the order of the court. Now they have shown it to the whole world.

“They tried to break me in prison, sent delegations to me, offering all kinds of things and I refused and they promised that I will not walk out of their detention alive and that is what they have come to implement today.”

The #RevolutionNow convener urged Nigerians not to be afraid and some people have to make the sacrifice for the Country to work.

“What is important for Nigerians to know is that I am not going to give up until every Nigerian benefit from a country that is theirs and I have made it very clear.

“Nobody in Nigeria should be afraid, it is our country and some people have to make the sacrifice for this country to be a country of rule, law and of dignity; and this also involves even judges, if suspects who have been given bail are not safe in court, the judges themselves are not safe.”

He explained that the sudden exit of justice Ojukwu is due to the manner at which the DSS operatives had caused a scene inside the courtroom.

“That is why the judge had to retire hurriedly into her chambers.

“We urge you to hang around so that you can witness this historic day in Nigeria.”

Well, Sunny Ade said and I quote his song:

“Won lomode o mela

Olohun Mela katakata

Laimo pe ela kata kata oooo

Oba Ija ni”

i.e They said a child does not know “ela” the child said he knows “ela katakata”. Not knowing that “ela katakata” is the king of battle/fight.

Painful, this game is not going to be over so soon, I wish Sowore a strong spirit and enough strategy to sort this out diplomatically.
https://www.gbetutv.com/sowore-is-a-lost-child-without-dignity-commentary/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by fykes(m): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
idid:
You discouraged him not to go ahead because in your estimation the state will find him wanting and come for his head. You are right as it has turned out to be but that is not genius, because anyone would have told him same since the Buhari administration is easy to predict.

I know that you sympathetic to his current plight. But you don't appear to understand his cause, neither what he seeks to achieve or what he wants out of it all his revolution noise of his. People think he should not have used the word revolution but that is exactly the contention and the genius in his moves. Sowore is not a baby you know. He has even predicted that he would be incacerated, and he has even told us what he is up to, so what really are you on about.

You think he is a fool? Obviously he has a goal and it seems that the state is apprently playjng into his hands with the way they are handling the matter. What he wants exactly is unfurling right in our eyes and the drama is just starting.

Watch what will happen in coming weeks.

Sowore's politics is not one to get sympathy from friends like you who are not in the same boat as him or who do not have half his boldness and vision. His politics is disruptive and idealistic, soldiers don't fear war and Sowore is ready for what to come. He is aware it is a war and I can bet you that he will come out of this as a Mandela. It seems to me he is a destiny boy who is bound to help craft something new out of the current state of political mess.

Look, Sowore has brought the hightened attention of citizens and the World to our current state of politics. He has boldly done what the whole media, NBA, judges, TUC, NLC and so on cannot do, that is, to show that in a supposedly democratic but authoritarian state, there can be a politics of contention.

Now we have all become woke in the past few days seeing right before our eyes, how much this administration is so messed up and ill prepared to govern. Without Sowore who will know how much the DSS can go to break the law, who knows how much under threat our constitution has been shortchanged by a few wicked people in power without the current noise.

That is what revolution is and it looks like he is smart anyway.

I don't know Sowore personally but it would be a pleasure to have such a bold and intelligent person as a friend. Here is how the story will end.

In the next week to two, the story will come to the attention of other governments, global organisations and leaders.

Pressure will come from more powerful organisations and individuals who will call on the Buhari adminstration to calm down. Eventually, some heads in DSS will roll. Sowore will be released, and the court will find him innocent of all charges.

He will go home and will become more powerful in Nigeria's political future. Right now, he has the biggest political capital.

And if you ask me, the stress and change that he would be instrumental to bring will contribute immensely to Nigeria's political future.

Bro he needs your prayer and support not your condemnation. Count yourself lucky to have him as friend.

What bothers me is how u lots think this govt cares a chicken foot about image making.
And the incessant comparison between naija and the westerns.
Pls all this epistle will amount to nothing if the cabal decides to do away with d guy.
The world will shout, no one will lift a finger.
Jamal kashoogi was killed, nothing happened even in turkey, there's absolutely no pressure in any two weeks or two years time, this is naija, if buhari wants he can lock him up till his tenure ends....sowore is not richer or more politically exposed than dasuki. The funny thing is that whatever happens, the northerners will protect themselves.
Sowore enter one chance with his eyes wide open.
This is naija, a president here is not different from a massai king in ancient Kenya.
Kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by Gandollaar(f): 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
All the arguments above are very weighty.
Personally I'm tended to believe the sowore guy is no fool and knows what he's doing with the big words he was bandying about knowing full well we were in a quasi dictatorship (then), today it's full blown!

I'm also worried because I fear the guy sowore may be a CIA secret agent propped to destabilize the terrorist in Aso rock and send him home forcefully. I mean, the world powers don't want buhari but they could not stop his rigging machine and now they are unto plan B, and he is playing into their hands with his legendary high-handedness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by idid: 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Who don't know that this govt don''t care. Sowore is not a baby and he probably is aware of this govt than you are.
He is a journalist who has seen it all, but if they kill him nko? So what. Did he tell you that he is afraid of death?
Who compared naija with the westerns, read again pls.
If the cabals can't kill him nko because his death is not in their hands? Do you think it is everyone that can be killed just like that?
Someone says he wants to die and you are threatening him with death, who has entered one chance
But hey, if he doesn't die, we will all be better for it be assured

And I am not God but I can tell you that he is chosen by destiny and will not die.

So what if Buhari is hitler x 3, the whole world should runaway.
Don't let your fear consume you, stand up

fykes:

What bothers me is how u lots think this govt cares a chicken foot about image making.
And the incessant comparison between naija and the westerns.
Pls all this epistle will amount to nothing if the cabal decides to do away with d guy.
The world will shout, no one will lift a finger.
Jamal kashoogi was killed, nothing happened even in turkey, there's absolutely no pressure in any two weeks or two years time, this is naija, if buhari wants he can lock him up till his tenure ends....sowore is not richer or more politically exposed than dasuki. The funny thing is that whatever happens, the northerners will protect themselves.
Sowore enter one chance with his eyes wide open.
This is naija, a president here is not different from a massai king in ancient Kenya.
Kiss the truth
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by idid: 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
The CIA have undervovers anyway, so you may not be wrong
But are you aware that Sowore has been in this struggle for the last 30 years?
Some of us who know his background know that he is a dogged person who has the interest of this country at heart so much.
He is certainly not one that the CIA will use, but he sure has his own game.

Gandollaar:
All the arguments above are very weighty.
Personally I'm tended to believe the sowore guy is no fool and knows what he's doing with the big words he was bandying about knowing full well we were in a quasi dictatorship (then), today it's full blown!

I'm also worried because I fear the guy sowore may be a CIA secret agent propped to destabilize the terrorist in Aso rock and send him home forcefully. I mean, the world powers don't want buhari but they could not stop his rigging machine and now they are unto plan B, and he is playing into their hands with his legendary high-handedness

1 Like

Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by Gandollaar(f): 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
idid:
The CIA have undervovers anyway, so you may not be wrong
But are you aware that Sowore has been in this struggle for the last 30 years?
Some of us who know his background know that he is a dogged person who has the interest of this country at heart so much.
He is certainly not one that the CIA will use, but he sure has his own game.

Fingers crossed cheesy
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by fykes(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2019
idid:
Who don't know that this govt don''t care. Sowore is not a baby and he probably is aware of this govt than you are.
He is a journalist who has seen it all, but if they kill him nko? So what. Did he tell you that he is afraid of death?
Who compared naija with the westerns, read again pls.
If the cabals can't kill him nko because his death is not in their hands? Do you think it is everyone that can be killed just like that?
Someone says he wants to die and you are threatening him with death, who has entered one chance
But hey, if he doesn't die, we will all be better for it be assured

And I am not God but I can tell you that he is chosen by destiny and will not die.

So what if Buhari is hitler x 3, the whole world should runaway.
Don't let your fear consume you, stand up

My dear go back and read "animal farm"
George Orwell really had Nigeria in mind. Sowore and all
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by Xisnin(m): 5:04am On Dec 09, 2019
Another coward masquerading as an adviser.
He forgot to mention that no court has found Sowore guilty.
But the hack write assumed Sowore is guilty because he was charged with ridiculous crimes.
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by baby124: 5:09am On Dec 09, 2019
OP’s IQ is on the slowpoke spectrum. Excuse the imbe tirade. She even sang grin
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by helinues: 6:52am On Dec 09, 2019
I actually really dont have energy to dig for my initial comments when Sowore started this revolution of a thing.

It says

" In Nigeria, only a fool fight for the masses " Why not help in whatever way you can instead of fighting shadows... Will those you are fighting for appreciates it?
Re: Sowore Is A Child Of Lost Dignity :commentary by itsme01: 7:25am On Dec 09, 2019
cool

When a case is in court, it is wrong to make pronoucement on who is wrong or right...

All we are saying is for DSS and Buhari to respect the laws and follow up on court order, since they took the case to court in the first place

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Abuja Bank Robbery And PDP 16years Of Looting? / Dino Melaye Shares Photos From His Birthday Dinner In Dubai / ‘nkem, I Got Your Back’– Ihedioha’s Wife Consoles Him Over Supreme Court Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.