Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court (51300 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar: Some Of Us Will Leave Nigeria If Sowore Becomes President / Nwoko: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten Protest In Abuja If Sowore Is Not Arrested / DSS Facility Where Sowore Is Allegedly Being Detained (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Islie: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
Femi Falana, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), says the government will be making a mistake if it files charges against Omoyele Sowore.

Sowore, who is the convener of #RevolutionNow movement, has been detained by the Department of State Services (DSS) since Saturday.

The DSS had accused him of threatening public peace and safety with his planned nationwide protest.

But speaking at an event organised by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) on Tuesday, the senior lawyer who though did not mention President Muhammadu Buhari’s name directly, said Sowore had briefed him from detention that in the case he would be charged, his first witness would be someone in government who in 2011 also called for a revolution.

Then a presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Buhari had called for a revolution in Nigeria – although through an electoral process.

Sowore, according to Falana, refused to write a statement, insisting the DSS allow him to speak with his lawyer.

“I do hope that the government will not be stupid to charge Sowore. In fairness to them (DSS), they gave him a telephone to phone me. Of course I knew they were monitoring the phone, and I told him I hope they won’t charge you, because if they do, some of the people in government will be our witnesses,” he said.

“You know why? One of them, I won’t mention his name. In 2011, he asked Nigerians to learn from the Egyptian revolution and be ready for a revolution in Nigeria. So, he will be my first witness.

“The late Chief Gani Fawehinmi and four other people were charged with treasonable felony by the Ibrahim Babangida junta. I was one of them. We were detained in Kuje prison for two months. We were taken to the court, and what was the offence? I think we went beyond Sowore. We posted thousands of posters across the country, that Babangida must go. That was the treasonable felony.”

Falana, who stood in defence alongside Fawehinmi, said they argued that the then military president did not come to office through constitutional means.

He added that those in government now harassing Nigerians with treason would someday, too, be tried for treason.

It is not clear if Sowore will be charged as Peter Afunanya, DSS spokesperson is yet to respond to messages seeking development on the matter.

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-if-sowore-is-charged-buhari-will-be-my-first-witness-in-court

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Osyxcel(m): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
The government wants to silence every form of protest.

Gradually, we're going the way of tyrannyangry

304 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by cockcrowatdawn(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
They will be shooting themselves in the leg by charging sowore to court.
Buhari should come and explain why he should enjoy freedom of protest and others shouldn't.
Even festus keyamo will be confused right now

261 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Harrymig1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
May God deliver Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by judgementyard(m): 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
Nigeria reminds me of some Nollywood movies where the outcome most times are easily deduced.
If they like they should charge him
If they like they should let him go with words like ,go and sin no more.
The truth still remains that majority of Nigerians are tired of these dramas that has brought no positive change to the way they live.
Now some folks are really regretting voting for politicians without counseince,well what do I know sef.So sorry for bothering you guys.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by nototribalist: 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
You people said we should vote for a terrorist as a president, now see where we've found ourselves

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by WonderManly(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2019
Yes, i can also testify to it!

2 Likes

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Optional09: 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
kings59:
I wouldn't wanna do this, but let's just see peoples opinions.

If the president is to resign today, would you be happy or not?

Click like if you would love him to resign.

Click share if otherwise.

i don’t want him to resign i want him to be disgraced out of office

314 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by InaNla(f): 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
The tyrant terrorist in Aso Rock will sure not escape punishment & pains...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by chiagozien(m): 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
Do buhari care about your nigeria laws.

You people think voting for buhari is a way to wicked Igbos.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by InaNla(f): 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2019
Optional09:

i don’t want him to resign i want him to be disgraced out of office

He will surely be disgraced

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by 989900: 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
Fxcking st00pid government.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Daviddson(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2019
Very good!

2 Likes

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Osyxcel:

You're wrong. We've been dwelling in tyranny for a long time now.

DEMOCRACY IS THE TYRANNY OF THE MAJORITY.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by LibertyRep: 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
grin
Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Sellfish(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
It is well

Pls buy my perfectly working lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon laptop... Check my profile for details... Price crashed to 70k...money needed urgently

1 Like

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Dobson43: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
Osyxcel:

We are not under a tyranny

And nope, I'm not defending Buhari...but the surprise is that DSS is in court.

In the good old days of Army rule....if DSS gets you...they would dissapear you into their cells for years. Nothing like court, nothing like visits, nothing. No one knows where you are.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by lmm4real: 9:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
Story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
But speaking at an event organised by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) on Tuesday, the senior lawyer who though did not mention President Muhammadu Buhari’s name directly
Okay, but you guys just decided to add Baba's name to make it juicy.
Okay now, carry go!

But Sowore no send you message Baba Falz.

He's ready to sacrifice himself.

Only that the members of his party are asking for their inheritance before he leaves!
cheesy wink grin

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by sogodihno: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
My own problem is this country staying as one, this country need to break so that some refugees and fugitives can leave our land and go back to their mud enclave.

Spits.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by GloShare(m): 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wow

Sowore had briefed him from detention that in the case he would be charged, his first witness would be someone in government who in 2011 also called for a revolution.

Sowore is ready to sing. We'll soon hear the story on how they ganged up against Jonathan by funding Sahara Reporters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by livebyday(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
Osyxcel:

Gradually you say ?

In my opinion Nigeria has already sunk far away from what makes a country a proper democratic society to reside in

Insecurity is at an all.time.high , poverty is abound amongst the citizens hence.they have turned to crime

Some times I wonder is this is the same country of 10 years ago where foreign investors where flocking to?

This same country 10 years ago had steady GDP ration in double figures per annum

Inflation was at an all time low

New.start ups where spring up and there were venture capital companies willing to fund them

Konga received $15 million direct foreign investment

The economy was growing steadily

Now it's all gone

Nigeria is looking more and more like a country on the brink of collapse and.civil.war

I will pray for you all

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by ibkgab001: 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
Falana ti Lana (blow)

2 Likes

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by honourablelumis: 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
seasonal film.. eni wo tan
Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by knightsTempler: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
George Orwell must have been thinking of Nigeria when he wrote animal farm.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by fredoooooo: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
Na mouth una get grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court by spafu(m): 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
Jokers!!! When you guys were gullibly creating room for Buhari to come into power, you forgot who he is right? Now make una enjoy am full time. Useless and animalistic afonjas always will to wipe the ass of their Gambari slave masters.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Beat Policeman, Monday Orube, To Death In Lagos / President Jonathan And Burkina Faso Military Leader (Picture) / Photos From Ayiri Emami's Birthday Party In His Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.