Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

How Do I Discipline Myself? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Discipline Myself? (482 Views)

Investing In Nigeria: Discipline Is Key, Says Asset Manager / How Do U Discipline Myself From Eating In The DREAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Discipline Myself? by LeiderJa: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
Recklessness is my way. I literally don't care about anything.

My studies are piling. My body is as lanky as a sicklers body would be. I'm always on my phone or on a laptop or on a PS4. No break.

At times my life depresses me because everything I do always seems like a step to close to catastrophe. I'm just tired but somehow I can't discipline myself.

I've thought of giving my phone away. Of giving everything away but I just can't.

How do I do this, please.
Re: How Do I Discipline Myself? by HarunaWest(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
your addicted to bright screens that your problem...When I was schooling, I had all you have mentioned and even more..buh I read my godamn books mehn...I wud just drop all,pick my book and read cos I new those were just entertainment,they wasnt what ah needed @ tha moment...These gadgets are juz illusions,they are deceit mechanisms...Don't waste your time perusing em... focus on real stuff cos all them social media,movies,games et al wud amount to nothing when shii gets real.
Re: How Do I Discipline Myself? by yinkajewole: 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
I'll advise u seek help from JESUS
Re: How Do I Discipline Myself? by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 09, 2019
LeiderJa:

Recognizing this problem might seem like a first step but it's not. It takes nothing but time to realise that hiding away in any perversion is both dillusional and unfilling. You literally had to do nothing and time would have told you that you are making horrible
choices. The only true step would cause quite the reality check and would be barely bearable. Your core way of thinking and perception has been muffled. It's not completely gone that's why you are able to sense that something is amiss.

1. The true path is to pursue God revealed through Christ that is the Bible.

Don't be decieve that focusing on the path of worldly gain would be better. It's just as deceptive but you won't likely return because many are on that path and so it doesn't seem as bad.

Be guided.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Discipline Myself? by meobizy(f): 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
I think you should give away your phone. That way you can’t disturb us on Nairaland.
Re: How Do I Discipline Myself? by swip88: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
I try to do everything on time, really like to discipline myself. Recently, I used to wake up early because I found a good alarm clock helping to sleep and to make a perfect schedule. It's very important to sleep at least 7 hours per day, to work hard and to go to bed at least at 10 o'clock.

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Swelling / Which Is The Tested And Best Cure For Prostate Enlargement (early Stage) / Second CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Ogun State, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.