Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? (4617 Views)

Mercy Emerges Winner Of Nigerian Idols 2012 / Celebrities At Nigerian Idols Premiere Episode Screening / Idols Is Back! (East Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by topeorekoy(m): 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
I can't just believe what am watching. Where did ds guys come from? Is ds a jamboree or what? Most of d peeps r wack.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by harakiri(m): 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2010
Actually, the judges are wackier than the contestants. You'll see them disapproving of the contestants even before they sing/dance (personal bad belle issues). Funny thing is most of the so called judges have no talent in their entire wasted years of existence on earth except for putting people down.

Same goes for other talent shows in 9ja (especially that talent hunt/dance competition with Julius Agwu being the host and the Soul-E look-alike character). You see them sitting behind flat screen TV's, making dry jokes and looking like clowns and all they do is make jest and disapprove of all the competitors who have a better future than their 30 minutes of fame (that stupid lady with rabbit teeth comes to mind).

End of!
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by crackhouse(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2010
u mean Nigerian idol, i have not watch it, pls tell me about it.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by crackhouse(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2010
or do u mean to watch an idol called Nigeria. no no no i can't waste my time watching an idol let alone Nigerian own. i would rather watch God instead
i hope the question is answered?
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by cecegorz(m): 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2010
Whoa! These auditions are really giving me rich hearty laughter anytime. Apart from few that's really got talent, others will make you laugh so hard till tears will be rolling down your cheeks.

Yesterday, one dude came in and said he came all the way from Benin, that he even got robbed on the way, judges felt so pity for the poor dude, now let's hear the voice that made you come all the way from Oba's kingdom.

Dude opened up his mouth and it was like a grand father toad croaking  grin  grin  grin
One other old man of at least 4oyrs came in grinning from ear to ear, you watch with apt attention to hear another Teddy Pendergrass only for the dude to start singing nursery rhymes with a terrible off key notes  grin  grin  grin  grin

All these young Nigerians should know that talent is inborn, if it's not there, you can't force it!
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by zoraro(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2010
I watch an episode yesterday. It was very good, some of the contestants were very funny, some where quite good. I will give the Judges a 90% score, it is obvious though that they simply disliked some of the contestants that were not taken.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Viviacious: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2010
Been trying to follow th show off and on. However, I managed to watch Y/day's show and it was simply hilarious!!! Some dude came in called Dare. And when asked how he felt about his chart-topping name sake- Dare Art Alade, he goes "He's trying"! Well then, we all waited to hear what he would sing and I practically fell off my bed!

I cant honestly imagine what some contestants were thinking! Most while most performances were amusing, some were exceptionally embarassing like the 40ish old dude who came singing nusery rhymes and clapping!

I would have to say though that I agree with the fact that some times the jugdes were a bit harsh and make nasty judgemental criticisms. I do commend the organiser for "taking care " of the guys who were robbed from Benin sha. That was nice of them even if they went home without advancing to the next level.

All in all, a rather dismal performance for Lagos, my opinion!
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by gerona: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2010
On what stations can I watch the Nigerian Idol and what day and time.

I like reality shows and the drama they present mostly at the audition stage.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Oluwabee(f): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2010
i love to watch reality shows cos u'd laff your head off. If u need real comedy check out reality shows at the auditionin stage and you'll get a good one. Trust me on that. wink wink wink
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by pietra: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2010
i honestly though i was the only one watching that old man was just making a foooooooooooooooool of himself and the one that said he was better than dare art alade , i serously wonder if they have friends that care about them atleast for the sake of our eyes. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Oxygenmayo(m): 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2010
should there be imitation in Nigeria? first we have the who-wants-to-be-millionaire (UK) which Nigeria also coined its own (thank God its a well copied program), secondly, the American idol which they organized well, but Nigeria failed to package her own well, should we blame the organizers, sponsors or brains behind these programs? No creativity, interesting package, organization? etc, when will NIGERIA STOP THIS ACT, and be innovative!!!, I don tire o,
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by cecegorz(m): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2010
Oxygenmayo:

should there be imitation in Nigeria? first we have the who-wants-to-be-millionaire (UK) which Nigeria also coined its own (thank God its a well copied program), secondly, the American idol which they organized well, but Nigeria failed to package her own well, should we blame the organizers, sponsors or brains behind these programs? No creativity, interesting package, organization? etc, when will NIGERIA STOP THIS ACT, and be innovative!!!, I don tire o,

Don't be quick on your critcisms, man. Popular reality shows are copied all over the world as long as you pay for the rights.
Nigerian Idols are still showing auditions and not the real deal yet, start talking when the studio house opens and its not up to scratch.

gerona:

On what stations can I watch the Nigerian Idol and what day and time.

I like reality shows and the drama they present mostly at the audition stage.

Just grab your remote anyday from 7pm-10pm and be flicking every 5/10mins. Almost all major stations in Lagos are on board, albeit at differnet times.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Decryptor(m): 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2010
Hmm, nigerian idol? i'd rather watch "Tellytubbies" or "Postman Pat"
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by juliebest(f): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2010
Oh yeah I watch it, like it, enjoy it, I get lots of laughter from it. I wonder what those that haven't got the talent nor the voice went there to do.
@Decryptor: I understand how you feel, but I believe the coming episodes will be better esp when they enter the dream studio and they start eliminating the chaffs from the real talent.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Abdblues(m): 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
i am so so far away from home, and can only imagine what you guys are talking about, Can somebody upload some videos please? grin
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2010
crackhouse:

or do u mean to watch an idol called Nigeria. no no no i can't waste my time watching an idol let alone Nigerian own. i would rather watch God instead
i hope the question is answered?

Lmaoooooooooo
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by leonaidas(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2010
D show shld probably renamed: Nigerian comedians or Nigerian clowns. As 4 d judges, dat dark skined dude who appears to be d leader is too dry, he tries too hard to be harsh.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by yulad(m): 6:19am On Nov 28, 2010
well i'll look into it if i get a 26-hour day.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by manmustwac(m): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
These talent shows are always funny at the audition stage but when they separate the bad singers from the good then the competition gets really interesting. Us guys in the U K are following the x factor which is heading towards the end. I wish there was a way i could follow nigerian idol would love to watch the competiton.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by chelseabmw(m): 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
God Forbid. . . .Nigeria idol? shocked
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by torture: 12:14am On Nov 29, 2010
The show enter 10/10 shikena, The bzt of comedy and dey still got d talented ones then d goons wey one show 4 TV, But its d comedy am luking 4, yaa ''Darey is trying'', O boi d turn up dey fear meoo ppl dey really hungry 4 naija, some wants to be a star by living in a bottle,
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Uzzyan: 12:56am On Nov 29, 2010
lmsao
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by duchess4: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2010
i don laff die grin. Yesterdays show was just sumtin else.

One guy danced and bragged outside, only for him to get inside and become

subdued undecided of course he flopped and trust him, he came out, landed on the

floor and started weeping his eyes out. Another fellow claimed he got his

heart broken by his girlfriend. Oya bros, sing your heart out and what came

out of his mouth had me rolling on the floor myself grin lafta wan kill me.

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Gemma11: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2010
manmustwac:

These talent shows are always funny at the audition stage but when they separate the bad singers from the good then the competition gets really interesting. Us guys in the U K are following the x factor which is heading towards the end. I wish there was a way i could follow nigerian idol would love to watch the competiton.

Nigerian Idol is currently being shown on HITV (UK SKY)- can't remember the channel number but google. I watched it yesterday from 6pm. I think it is currrent.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by zains: 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2010

@ Oxygenmayo

These shows are international franchise shows; meaning if you want it in your country, all you need to do is to buy into the franchise just the same as the Quick Service Restaurant franchises e.g KFC etc grin Don't be so quick on the trigger with criticisms, eh cheesy
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by afrobaby(f): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2010
I call it laughing time, comedy hour, it makes me laugh even when am very angry. Some of the contestants, did I say contestants, no, some of the waka pass sing as if they were forced to come, it's really funny,some people dont know the meaning of competition, they hear contest, and yet with dia palasa voice, they will still buy the form adnd just embarrass themselves on national TV, anyway, it's another way of making me enjoy my night,
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by annawhite(f): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2010
~duchess~:

i don laff die grin. Yesterdays show was just sumtin else.

One guy danced and bragged outside, only for him to get inside and become

subdued undecided of course he flopped and trust him, he came out, landed on the

floor and started weeping his eyes out. Another fellow claimed he got his

heart broken by his girlfriend. Oya bros, sing your heart out and what came

out of his mouth had me rolling on the floor myself grin lafta wan kill me.

it was crazy,i thot he was pretending but when i look further he was rolling on the floor crying and shouting
u don miss the guy wey lie ,outside he come tell him friend say the judges like am,that they don even ask am make him train the more but cameramen come flash as judges say make him go
i no fit laff
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by saraj(f): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2010
manmustwac:

Do you have Sky Digital? Its on sky channel 204 (Hitv) every Thursday
and Sunday at 6pm.
Oxygenmayo:

Idol started off in the UK in 2001 but for some reason was scrapped
and replaced with X Factor . It wasn't a big hit in the UK even though
thats where it came from.
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by duchess4: 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2010
annawhite:

it was crazy,i thot he was pretending but when i look further he was rolling on the floor crying and shouting
u don miss the guy wey lie ,outside he come tell him friend say the judges like am,that they don even ask am make him train the more but cameramen come flash as judges say make him go
i no fit laff

my dear, see how the bros just de lie for national tv shocked Imagine the fellow o!

2 yes`s and a no ko. that hin coat and face cap no just get part two ;DAnd he

kept on smiling away. I couldnt believe my ears when i heard him say he even

got a single yes, untill the camera showed the judges comments. Well, the

fellow had to console himself somehow na cheesy
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by TmeD0(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
Abdblues:

i am so so far away from home, and can only imagine what you guys are talking about, Can somebody upload some videos please? grin

youtube is your friend man! here's a clip amongst many more. . . enjoy it!  grin
[center][flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBuY7_KGQuk?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash][/center]
Re: Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? by Ekpekus(m): 9:13am On Dec 01, 2010
Lwkmd o! Hilarious is an understatment. I so love d game of football bt when i switch channel dt fateful day i saw Nigerian Idol on air n i never regreted doin so. C as contestant many! Bt d fun no b here o. I laff so tay belle start 2 pain me. Is d competition a singin or comedy show? Infact i jst can't describe enuf hw i felt until u too xperience it. Wow! 9ja i hail thee.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tomtom Sponsors A New Season Of MTV Base Cypher / How To Get Erotic Station On Startimes Digital Tv Decoder / Movie Experience At “the Filmhouse” A New Cinema In Surulere-lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.