Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,873 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

For The Records: 
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The Records: 
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award (548 Views)

Ede COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse Looting: Putting The Records Straight / Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi / Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo Letter Of Response To The Africa Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Records: 
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by murecool(m): 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
PRESS RELEASE

FOR THE RECORDS:
VP OSINBAJO'S LETTER YESTERDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2019 TO ORGANISERS OF THE 2019 ANTI-CORRUPTION DEFENDER AWARD

"I am extremely grateful for the recognition and award of the “Integrity Specialty of the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism’s Anti-corruption Defender Award of 2019” to me.

“The award, I note, is for our Justice reform efforts in Lagos State. I had accepted the award with pride on behalf of the excellent Justice Sector team we had.

“However, two reasons explain my absence. First is that I am currently in Abu Dhabi for an international meeting under the auspices of the government of the UAE where I am the keynote speaker.

“Second, in view of the developments on Friday in the Sowore case, I think it would be insensitive and inappropriate to attend the ceremony.

“Please accept my heartfelt apologies and extend the same to the other members of the organizing team. God bless you."

Released by:

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
9th December, 2019
Copyright © 2019, Office of the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, All rights reserved.
Re: For The Records: 
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by itsme01: 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
cool
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by mumumugu(m): 1:03am On Dec 10, 2019
did this letter come before or after the earlier news
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by Minjim: 2:24am On Dec 10, 2019
So this is how to show the actual letter?

You need to be more convincing
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:40am On Dec 10, 2019
Osibanjo, them say them no give you again , say you no dey brave!!!

This letter na medicine after death

Even Atiku wey una dey abuse spoke out

Haba!
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by ursullalinda(f): 4:21am On Dec 10, 2019
Seems this is just a cover up.......medicine after death......Osibanjo and his spokesman has suddenly gone dumb and couldn't speak after Sowore's re arrest
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by LibertyRep: 5:40am On Dec 10, 2019
So Pastor Osinbajo too knew that something is awkward about the Sowore's rearrest.

He should be brave enough to speak now when his voice matters for the sake of the judiciary.

Someday some of them will need the judiciary to save their necks but it might be too late.

Save the judiciary now!
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by allthingsgood: 5:45am On Dec 10, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Osibanjo, them say them no give you again , say you no dey brave!!!

This letter na medicine after death

Even Atiku wey una dey abuse spoke out

Haba!

How did u want to give someone in Abu Dhabi before Besides osunbade don't need d award, they are d ones that need him to make d award more recognised grin

1 Like

VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by Shooyie: 8:17am On Dec 10, 2019
[quote author=mumumugu post=84780806]did this letter come before or after the earlier news[/qu

The letter was written and sent before the news but was misquoted by others.
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by Arubajagz: 8:17am On Dec 10, 2019
This is how we can confirm that Nigerians do not read beyond headlines.
The letter that was quoted in the statement was sent to the organizers on Sunday 8th December.

The Wole Soyinka Centre also acknowledged this communication in their tweet on Monday

VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by Lydia696: 8:20am On Dec 10, 2019
Speak about what is Osinbajo the president or the DSS keep quit there useless people
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by Shooyie: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2019
ursullalinda:
Seems this is just a cover up.......medicine after death......Osibanjo and his spokesman has suddenly gone dumb and couldn't speak after Sowore's re arrest

Its not actually, this letter was received before the news but was misquoted.
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by helinues: 8:22am On Dec 10, 2019
This is unnecessary
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by ZombieTERROR: 8:24am On Dec 10, 2019
Osibanjo is a known coward

He dare not speak out against tyranny and undemocratic elements
VP Osinbajo's Letter To The Organizers Of The Award by Zeemam: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2019
ursullalinda:

He doesn't have anything to do with Sowore's case

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: NAF Jets Kill ISWAP, Boko Haram Terrorists At Meeting Venue In Borno / Is Power Minister Saleh Mamman A Ghost Worker? [opinion] / Re: Obasanjo Gets External Debt Figures Wrong - APC Is Misquoting Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.