Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Irokotv CEO Reveals Bitter Truths About Starting A Business In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Irokotv CEO Reveals Bitter Truths About Starting A Business In Nigeria (417 Views)

The Grammys CEO Reveals How To Win An Award From The Academy (video) / iROKOtv Boss, Jason Njoku Clocks 40 Today; His Wife Celebrates Him (Photo) / Bombshell New Harry And Meghan Biography Reveals ‘bitter Tension’ With The Royal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irokotv CEO Reveals Bitter Truths About Starting A Business In Nigeria by Honbright(m): 1:33am On Dec 10, 2019
Jason Njoku, the CEO of iROKOtv, shared some hard but bitter truths about starting a business as he reminisced on his life, VAM has gathered.

The start-up investor, who will turn 39 this week, revealed that he started this decade working so hard, and alone, that he hardly ever left his small office. In spite of the effort, he barely made enough profit per month.

He went on to tell followers that when starting something new. "no one cares about your idea."

Sharing a photo of himself taken in 2010 in his old office, he wrote: "12/02/2010 - for 13mths I sat in this room alone.

No team no nothing. I left the apartment maybe once a week. My earnings were ~$100/month building the first Iroko product - NollywoodLove. My friends were scared about my unhealthy obsession with 'making it'. Was it worth it?"

He added: 
       "Its my 39th birthday this week. I'm taking some serious trips down memory lane. People will tell me to be humble and not enjoy life. Nah. I walked through walls. Fully optimised for happiness. It that offends you. So be it."

He concluded that;
READ MORE BELOW:
https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2019/12/13-mths-i-sat-in-this-room-alone-ceo-of.html

Re: Irokotv CEO Reveals Bitter Truths About Starting A Business In Nigeria by Born2Breed(f): 1:53am On Dec 10, 2019
Startup is not easy but when you have a great idea + financial backup,it's worth the endurance.
Re: Irokotv CEO Reveals Bitter Truths About Starting A Business In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 3:53am On Dec 10, 2019
...... And when the financial backup is lacking, you begin to see the urgly face of your village people with their hands telling you to come back to the village
Re: Irokotv CEO Reveals Bitter Truths About Starting A Business In Nigeria by silentEXPLOSION: 3:55am On Dec 10, 2019
Re: Irokotv CEO Reveals Bitter Truths About Starting A Business In Nigeria by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:26am On Dec 10, 2019
Nigeria is phucked up.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Artistes With The Largest Following On Instagram / Romance / Mercy Insults Tacha (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.