Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? (3491 Views)

Yearly Salary & Monthly Income After Tax Deductions In UK / N100 Daily Tax: Kano Keke Riders Begin Indefinite Strike, As People Climb Trucks / Is Tax Clearance Compulsory For UK Visa Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by drnoel: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2019
truthsayer009:

I live in Germany as an Msc student & I also work remotely, more than 20 hours per week under the disguise of a full time work. That's is between me & my employer.

I have friends about 5, who work here in Berlin Full time Software Engineering jobs & they earn around 5,000 Euros monthly. 1,900 is being deducted from heir earnings monthly leaving a balance of 3,100 Euros.

I won't say more than this on this thread. Bye.

Ur information doesn't sound right bro. Pls do more research, ask Ur pals

1 Like

Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
drnoel:

Ur information doesn't sound right bro. Pls do more research, ask Ur pals

okay, so let's assume all my friends are lying which can very possible. A quick research on my own gathered this.

When you have a little time, please try & read:
https://www.quora.com/Is-a-65-000-Euro-gross-annual-salary-a-good-salary-to-live-in-Nuremberg-Germany-for-a-single-person

At least, I don't know this woman from Adam. Never seen her. She explained in detail how a 65k salary would end up after (health Insurance deductions & taxes) would now result to 3,188 Euros per month.

A little screenshot below:

Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by dustydee: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
erico2k2:

This is what happens when you read from google or chose to not read and understand what a person post, where did I say everyone's tax code is 1171? How many people do you know who ern above 100K as salary in the UK? Look guy please go back and read what I wrote again and re-post a response!

If you earn anything from 15k to 40k and your tax code is 1171
Here is your statement again. Theis statement I quoted is wrong. It is also instructive that you failed to admit that you got the tax bands wrong. The issue is not how many people earn that much but about the taxes.
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
dustydee:

Here is your statement again. Theis statement I quoted is wrong. It is also instructive that you failed to admit that you got the tax bands wrong. The issue is not how many people earn that much but about the taxes.
AND U COULD NOT DECODE I WAS MERELY GIVING AN ILLUSTRATION FROM THAT SENTENCE REALY?
FYI once upon a time my tax code has been 9000,I recieved tax refund to this effect when I got my P60
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by dustydee: 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
erico2k2:

AND U COULD NOT DECODE I WAS MERELY GIVING AN ILLUSTRATION FROM THAT SENTENCE REALY?
FYI once upon a time my tax code has been 9000,I recieved tax refund to this effect when I got my P60
Your statement was definitive. You did not leave room for interpretation. Anyway have a lovely day, I pray to be in the additional rate tax band soon.
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
dustydee:

Your statement was definitive. You did not leave room for interpretation. Anyway have a lovely day, I pray to be in the additional rate tax band soon.
I'm still struggling to understand ur argument here, how and where did you get it that a person's tax code can not be 1171? and even though I was assuming up there, what's wrong in saying a person's tax code was 1171
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by salford: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
truthsayer009:

Lol i am not old, I am still very young. please stop calling me sir biko.

Using the link you sent me for USA Taxes, for a salary of $87,701 in San Francisco, you would get $63,398 take home pay. This means you payed about 25% to 27% (Correct me If I'm wrong by this calculation). State & Federal taxes inclusive.

Don't also forget that Tax varies state to state in the US as opposed to some other countries where Taxes can be the similar for all cities.

25 to 27% is still a lot, but much much smaller than some countries like Germany.
For my province in Canada (Saskatchewan), for earnings of $87,700 per year, take home is around $60k. So overall mandatory deduction/tax is 31%. In Quebec, it will be 35%. It varies across provinces.
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by salford1: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
salford:

For my province in Canada (Saskatchewan), for earnings of $87,700 per year, take home is around $60k. So overall mandatory deduction/tax is 31%. In Quebec, it will be 35%. It varies across provinces.

I used a tax calculator in the above example.

Attached is the breakdown.

The province (Saskatchewan) will take it's portion of the income.

Then the federal (Canada) will also come for their own portion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
salford:

wow so at what threshold does ur tax start at standard?
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by salford: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
erico2k2:
wow so at what threshold does ur tax start at standard?
For federal, just over 12k For my province, I believe just over 15k.
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
salford:

For federal, just over 12k
For my province, I believe just over 15k.
we just have inner and outer London end of. we earn 3500 plus just for working inside london compared to same job outside london
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by salford: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
erico2k2:

we just have inner and outer London end of. we earn 3500 plus just for working inside london compared to same job outside london
You mean as per earnings? In Canada, the reverse is the case. You earn more if you move to hard to fill locations. (usually outside big centres).
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by dustydee: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2019
erico2k2:

I'm still struggling to understand ur argument here, how and where did you get it that a person's tax code can not be 1171? and even though I was assuming up there, what's wrong in saying a person's tax code was 1171
Oga, you wrote in English and I read in English. For emphasis:

If you earn anything from 15k to 40k and your tax code is 1171
What I am saying is the fact that you and I earn say 30k (which is within the range you quoted) does not mean our tax code will be 1171, which is what you said and that is what your statement means. If that is not what you meant, do not blame me, simply clarify and say you did not make your position clear then modify it to something like "if you earn between x and y, your tax code may be 1171."
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
dustydee:

Oga, you wrote in English and I read in English. For emphasis:

What I am saying is the fact that you and I earn say 30k (which is within the range you quoted) does not mean our tax code will be 1171, which is what you said and that is what your statement means. If that is not what you meant, do not blame me, simply clarify and say you did not make your position clear then modify it to something like "if you earn between x and y, your tax code may be 1171."
there U go again, what you earn does not determine your tax code[b].I can earn 300K and my tax code can be 1171[/b]
I perceive this is difficult 4 U to understand!
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by dustydee: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
erico2k2:

there U go again, what you earn does not determine your tax code[b].I can earn 300K and my tax code can be 1171[/b]
I perceive this is difficult 4 U to understand!
oga you were the one that prescribed tax code for people that earn between 15k and 40k. And what I have been trying to tell you is that you cannot determine tax code purely by what you earn alone. I am glad you are gradually getting it. You just disowned your initial post up there. Okay now, please let's move on to other things since you now have gotten my point.
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
dustydee:
oga you were the one that prescribed tax code for people that earn between 15k and 40k. And what I have been trying to tell you is that you cannot determine tax code purely by what you earn alone. I am glad you are gradually getting it. You just disowned your initial post up there. Okay now, please let's move on to other things since you now have gotten my point.
That was an illustrationa nd nothing was wrong with it, there are people to whom that situation stated above are a true reflection of thier earning situation, Im at lost to quantify ur arguments here!
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by dustydee: 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
erico2k2:

That was an illustrationa nd nothing was wrong with it, there are people to whom that situation stated above are a true reflection of thier earning situation, Im at lost to quantify ur arguments here!
And I quoted you because it was not an illustration. You presented it as a statement of fact else you would have include words like "for example", "may" etc. But you used "IS". When you say "Kunle IS Bisi's husband" it is different from "Kunle MAY Be Bisi's husband" or "Kunle can be Bisi's husband". The first does not leave much room for any other interpretation, as you are trying to do. Okay bye.
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by erico2k2(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
dustydee:

And I quoted you because it was not an illustration. You presented it as a statement of fact else you would have include words like "for example", "may" etc. But you used "IS". When you say "Kunle IS Bisi's husband" it is different from "Kunle MAY Be Bisi's husband" or "Kunle can be Bisi's husband". The first does not leave much room for any other interpretation, as you are trying to do. Okay bye.

And I will repeat for the 100th time what is wrong with me saying a person tax code was 1171 when they earns 15 to 40k ?
if me erico2k2 works as a fluid mechanic and earn £40k and insist my tax code is 1171, what is wrong with that statement
without being too specific that was my actual tax code once upon a time!
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by drnoel: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
truthsayer009:

okay, so let's assume all my friends are lying which can very possible. A quick research on my own gathered this.

When you have a little time, please try & read:
https://www.quora.com/Is-a-65-000-Euro-gross-annual-salary-a-good-salary-to-live-in-Nuremberg-Germany-for-a-single-person

At least, I don't know this woman from Adam. Never seen her. She explained in detail how a 65k salary would end up after (health Insurance deductions & taxes) would now result to 3,188 Euros per month.

A little screenshot below:

Actually it depends on the job and what scale of tax level one is currently in, that is what Ur friends didn't tell u and what the women didn't explain.
Do more research!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 17, 2019
partnerbizn4:

How is tax calculated abroad please

Oga, tax is graduated. If they say you earn 1m and pay tax of 50%, it doesn't mean you pay 500k as tax.

In that 50% tax, first 5% is different, etc

Tax may be graduated. Tax can also be flat.

If you have a flat tax rate of 20%, then that takes 1/5 of the earnings and if 50% then half of the earnings.

Many taxes are flat while some are graduated.

1 Like

Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by ofbfaruk: 11:24am On Nov 03, 2021
Best Erotic Massage in riyadh Why is that All Founded Body There are Riyadh Erotic Massage .! erotic massage riyadh
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by Konquest: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
erico2k2:

in the UK we have what we call a tax code, this is the amount of money you need to earn above in order to pay tax If you earn below this amount you won't pay any tax. The max tax u can pay as a salary earner in the UK is 40% these are for those earning above 40k and it's only applicable to the overspill of the 40k ie 41K U will pay 40% on 1k. If you earn anything from 15k to 40k and your tax code is 1171, this means your taxation would be calculated withing 40k-1171. However, if you do not have a tax code yet ie you just started a new job etc you will be taxed at a basic rate(BR) which is flat 20%. Everyone's tax code is different, married people with families are different from single and young people! So for those of you thinking 50% is going to be taken from your earned monies I say this stop speculating and assuming, ask people who live, work and earn in them cities for the right Info to boost your knowledge.
True.
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by ofbfaruk: 6:20am On May 16, 2023
I've found this interesting! Check it out! erotic massage milan
Re: How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? by OVB123: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2023
partnerbizn4:
How is tax calculated abroad please

Oga, tax is graduated. If they say you earn 1m and pay tax of 50%, it doesn't mean you pay 500k as tax.

In that 50% tax, first 5% is different, etc
I don't understand what you wrote.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twin Buddhist Temples On 7,992ft Tall Mountain With 8,800 Stairs In China (Pics) / ATTENTION: Teachers, Nurses, Others Can Now Get Australian Visa In Just 3 Days / Us Visa Lottery 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.