Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,741 members, 7,844,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go (637 Views)

Crownhill - Responsive HTML5 Church Template - FREE DOWNLOAD | Hug A Geek / (free) .com Blog Give Away. To A Lucky Person / My Free Javascript Html5 Bar Chart Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go by ign1tew3b: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2010
The Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG) started work on the HTML5 specification in June 2004; Ian Hickson of Google, Inc. is the editor of HTML5. HTML5 still has a long way to go.

A long way to go
The specification is an ongoing work, and is expected to remain so for many years, although parts of HTML5 are going to be finished this year and some are already implemented in browsers.

According to the W3C timetable, it was estimated that HTML5 would reach W3C Recommendation by late 2010. However, the First Public Working Draft estimate was missed by 8 months, and Last Call and Candidate Recommendation were expected to be reached in 2008, but as of this writing (November 2010) , HTML5 is still at Working Draft stage in the W3C.

The editor of the HTML5 specification expects the specification to reach the Candidate Recommendation stage during 2012. In sum, HTML5 still has a long, long way to go, so don’t get too excited just yet.

Obviously, browser vendors are keen on implementing as much of the HTML5 spec as possible, especially areas like handling audio and video. This becomes more of a turf war, though, since at this point we are dealing with competition for the Flash and Silverlight plug-ins.

Read More here http://www.ignite-ng.com/?p=411

Please leave your comments
Re: Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go by yawatide(f): 11:48am On Nov 26, 2010
Despite this, you shouldn't stop yourself from trying out some of the features. After all, not all of the present HTML specs have been approved either.

Many of the HTML5 features degrade gracefully so at least give them a try (for example in HTML5, you can have
<input type="tel" /> and that will for example, if you have a cell phone, only bring up numbers. It will still work for non-compliant browsers).

The only constant in our business is that we will always be reading to stay up to par.

Note: This is a general message and not meant to put down the OP's comments cool
Re: Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 27, 2010
I Hate it When Pple pitch Html5 against Flash/Silverlight they are all different and handle diffrerent task.HTML5 is widely used infact most of its new features have been around in some browsers. even the HTML Canvas tag has been around for ages but html5 should pls adopt 3d Canvas to it so that Web Gaming will be one step away alreay know few programming creating 3d objects on the Web, WebGL, imagine playing Unreal Tournament on your browser, Sweet
Re: Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go by anibest: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2010
Pls can somebody help me to write hmtl codes for tracking in my website.My website is www.genshippingcorporation.com

You cannot track the containers in the website.Please i need help.Can somebodyhelp

Regards
Re: Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
Unreal tournament in browser is a very lovely idea. Mehn, i can immagine it. My browser is in big trouble. And we can duel over the web too!
Re: Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go by 3RNEST(m): 4:58am On Nov 29, 2010
anibest:

Pls can somebody help me to write hmtl codes for tracking in my website.My website is www.genshippingcorporation.com

You cannot track the containers in the website.Please i need help.Can somebodyhelp

Regards
Guy post this as a topic and not a comment, you're going out of track,

@HTML, indeed still have a long way to go,
Re: Html5 – Still A Long Away To Go by ign1tew3b: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2011
*dhtml:

Unreal tournament in browser is a very lovely idea. Mehn, i can immagine it. My browser is in big trouble. And we can duel over the web too!

that long time from now but when it happens would love to duel ,

(1) (Reply)

Having Problem With My Wordpress Blog / How To Make Free Face Book Video Phone Calls! / I Just Now Returned Coming From Observing The Following Specific

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.