Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigerian Experience In Delhi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Experience In Delhi (329 Views)

Nigeria Is Getting Better - A Diasporan Nigerian Experience / My Experience In The East / Voters Registration: My Experience In Kano (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Experience In Delhi by Yankiss(m): 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
And so I came to Delhi this week. It will not be my first time here or second or third. But back of my mind is the negative stereotype of particularly Nigerians in recent time. I meet people at Delhi overcrowded streets. And there is the usual nod in my direction. I switch on a smile. A few curiously edge close and intone in Delhi accent: "Are you from where?" "Africa" I retort. This satisfy some while the more knowledgeable ask further, the very question I dreaded: " Which part?". After a hesitant silence in which the question is repeated, I blurt out, "Nigerian!" Unnecessarily aloud. You are welcomed warmly as the inquirer nods rapidly sideways, an Indian way of expressing pleasure. So, the next time you are asked. you confidently pronounce your country with rounded voice. The result is young guys hugging you and snapping pictures. So, is the negative stereotype about Nigeria just a press fad? My God, Nigerians are loved here, especially in the cities I have visited. Delhi. The various sectors of Noida. proudly Nigerian.

cc
mynd44
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Hails Ned Nwoko At 59 / Four Big Political Fall In 2019,Atiku,Saraki,Sanni And Dino / Edo And Ondo 2020:INEC Gives Reasons For Credible Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.