Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,216 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy (871 Views)

Jonathan’s Backers Seek Adoption, Southern APC Aspirants Disagree / Fulani Herdsmen Clash With Ghanaian Farmers / Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by aspabay(m): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
Ghanaian farmers, under the aegis of Peasant Farmers Association of Ghana (PFAG), are calling for the country’s government to adopt the policy of Nigeria on the ban of food importation.

The farmers pleaded that the government should implement its plan to ban imported rice immediately instead of waiting till 2022.

According to the National President and Board Chairman of the Association, Abdul- Rahman Mohammed, as reported by New Telegraph, placing an immediate ban on imported rice will show that the government is committed. He said it would not only help to reduce Ghana’s import bill but also create employment opportunities in Ghana and stabilise the cedi.

Mohammed also urged the Ghanaian government to give the farmers a chance to prove their ability in producing enough rice to meet domestic consumption. Going by the numbers, he said only 34% of Ghanaians consumed Ghana rice while 680,000 tonnes of rice costing $500 million is imported annually.

Recall that the Nigerian government had partially closed the land borders with neighbouring countries in August to address smuggling of rice and other products in the border areas.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/12/10/ghanaian-farmers-seek-adoption-of-nigerias-rice-ban-policy/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by Simplyleo: 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2019
But here in Nigeria, criminals are all over the internet cursing and swearing like barren witches that they are being targeted by the border closure. cheesy

Even Jonathan that was defeated and the ijaw where he comes from are not as bitter as these criminals who have sworn to always be in search of the most negative report about Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria and patriotic Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by abc115: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
Simplyleo:
But here in Nigeria, criminals mainly are all over the internet cursing and swearing like barren witches that they are being targeted by the border closure. cheesy

They are called wailers

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by Simplyleo: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
abc115:

They are called wailers
I agree with you bro.

But is wailing about being senseless?

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by Blakjewelry(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
Simplyleo:
But here in Nigeria, criminals are all over the internet cursing and swearing like barren witches that they are being targeted by the border closure. cheesy

Even Jonathan that was defeated and the ijaw where he comes from are not as bitter as these criminals who have sworn to always be in search of the most negative report about Nigeria.

the border closure is a welcome development but, you are not a patriot except you mean you patriotic to buhari. a true patriot will applaud the government when it did well and criticize when it errs

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by Simplyleo: 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
Blakjewelry:
the border closure is a welcome development but, you are not a patriot except you mean you patriotic to buhari. a true patriot will applaud the government when it did well and criticize when it errs
Bro, I know the Buhari-led fed govt has erred in so many areas, and indeed, I have been personally affected by some of the policies & programmes. Infact some actions or inaction of the president himself have affected many Nigerians negatively, myself inclusive.

Let me give you an instance;

The govt is preaching cashless economy, but I was shocked since last week when I was at the filling station to refill my tank. Most of my purchases are with pos. When I was about to pay, the fuel attendant hurriedly told me there is a N50 charge for any pos transaction. I was like wtf? Is that encouraging cashless economy? Time and space won't allow me talk about some personal experience.

So many things are happening in this govt, but one thing for sure, they are not buhari's fault. Or, he is not doing them deliberately. I can tell you this with certainty.

But do you expect me to criticise the govt when some human beings have sworn with abiama never to see any good thing about the govt? Never.
Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by Johans1991: 10:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
Simplyleo:

Bro, I know the Buhari-led fed govt has erred in so many areas, and indeed, I have been personally affected by some of the policies & programmes. Infact some actions or inaction of the president himself have affected many Nigerians negatively, myself inclusive.

Let me give you an instance;

The govt is preaching cashless economy, but I was shocked since last week when I was at the filling station to refill my tank. Most of my purchases are with pos. When I was about to pay, the fuel attendant hurriedly told me there is a N50 charge for any pos transaction. I was like wtf? Is that encouraging cashless economy? Time and space won't allow me talk about some personal experience.

So many things are happening in this govt, but one thing for sure, they are not buhari's fault. Or, he is not doing them deliberately. I can tell you this with certainty.

But do you expect me to criticise the govt when some human beings have sworn with abiama never to see any good thing about the govt? Never.

plateau state abi? Jenny filling station to be precise.
Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by AlienStar: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
I thought banning the importation of foreign rice will make local rice cheaper but nah the price is still on a high side. So what's the essence of the ban?
Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by Simplyleo: 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
Johans1991:
plateau state abi? Jenny filling station to be precise.
Lagos.

Not only filling stations.

Any transaction with POS now attracts N50 charge. They said is directive from cbn.
Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by SoNature(m): 7:04am On Dec 11, 2019
AlienStar:
I thought banning the importation of foreign rice will make local rice cheaper but nah the price is still on a high side. So what's the essence of the ban?

A typical Nigerian is full of evil.

We just use religion to hide our evils.

A typical Nigerian is always looking for an opportunity to take advantage of situations or people

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Farmers Seek Adoption Of Nigeria’s Rice Ban Policy by jahsharon: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2019
Simplyleo:

Do you expect any less from children of hate, anger, bitterness and sorrow?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Amechi Vs Goodluck In 2023 Presidency. / Pst Osagie Ize-iyamu Speaks On Consensus Candidacy, Edo APC Primaries & Obaseki / Trump Asks USA To Use COVID-19 To Reflect On Their Relationship With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.