Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

I Love Programming! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Love Programming! (1706 Views)

I Suck At Programming, But I Love It. What Should I Do? / I Love Programming / I love Game Awsome income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Programming! by ABCthingx: 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2019
I'll code j2me as Java
Python aand Just Basic as BASIC.
6502 Assembly too is cool!
Re: I Love Programming! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
Jack of all trades....

1 Like

Re: I Love Programming! by Godsfavour78: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
C I love it. I almost got stuck at multi dimensional arrays yesterday but a picture flashed in my mind which reminded me of matrix and I understood ot
Re: I Love Programming! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Godsfavour78:
C I love it. I almost got stuck at multi dimensional arrays yesterday but a picture flashed in my mind which reminded me of matrix and I understood ot
Man nice at least to know people love C. It's the best for a beginner the hard truth I came to terms with sometime ago.
Re: I Love Programming! by ABCthingx: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
Jack of all trades....
Master of all!
Re: I Love Programming! by ABCthingx: 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ausrichie:

Man nice at least to know people love C. It's the best for a beginner the hard truth I came to terms with sometime ago.
No OOP sad
Re: I Love Programming! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
ABCthingx:
No OOP sad
Bleep OOP it is the reason why no language can beat C and Assembly no OOP.
Re: I Love Programming! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
Recently, I thought of learning another language, Java, I bought a textbook and downloaded PDF, the textbook made clear that I can download the JDK 8 while the PDF says I can Download the JDK 7, I went to Oracle, just to find out the latest JDK is JDK13, probably the the textbook and PDF was released many years before the latest JDK13 came out, is it possible to still use the same textbook and PDF to manage the JDK13, or should I Just download old JDK 7 or JDK 8, and use the follow the textbook. I haven't seen any latest textbook so far.
Re: I Love Programming! by Thukzee01(m): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
How I wish I can speak the programmers language
Re: I Love Programming! by Abcruz(m): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
ABCthingx:
I'll code j2me as Java
Python aand Just Basic as BASIC.
6502 Assembly too is cool!

The numbers of programming languages you know doesn't make you a professional programmer.

Application is all that matters. What kind of human problem have you solved with the languages you learnt?

Without application, a man who knows 10 programming languages is not better than the one who does not know how to code.

1 Like

Re: I Love Programming! by ABCthingx: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2019
Abcruz:

The numbers of programming languages you know doesn't make you a professional programmer.

Application is all that matters. What kind of human problem have you solved with the languages you learnt?

Without application, a man who knows 10 programming languages is not better than the one who does not know how to code.
True but I don't think any of the above languages is negotiable.
Re: I Love Programming! by Abcruz(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
ABCthingx:
True but I don't think any of the above languages is negotiable.

Programming is seriously application oriented not just for the fun of knowing languages.

There was a certain guy who knew Java, Python, R, C#, Apache, SQL, C++, kotlin, Igniter and he took it as his hobby right from childhood.

When he was done with his studies and he needed to apply for a job every company that saw his CV with the above skills always demanded to see his portfolio(collections of what he has built with those languages).unfortunately he had nothing to show them and they never took him serious.
Re: I Love Programming! by stanliwise(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ausrichie:

Bleep OOP it is the reason why no language can beat C and Assembly no OOP.
such a naive statement
Re: I Love Programming! by stanliwise(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2019
Snowale:
Recently, I thought of learning another language, Java, I bought a textbook and downloaded PDF, the textbook made clear that I can download the JDK 8 while the PDF says I can Download the JDK 7, I went to Oracle, just to find out the latest JDK is JDK13, probably the the textbook and PDF was released many years before the latest JDK13 came out, is it possible to still use the same textbook and PDF to manage the JDK13, or should I Just download old JDK 7 or JDK 8, and use the follow the textbook. I haven't seen any latest textbook so far.
use it like dat by maybe next year. 14 will be out. funny thing is that, the difference is new support and tech being introduced that isn't relevant to a newbie

1 Like

Re: I Love Programming! by Grandlord: 11:33am On Dec 24, 2019
Thukzee01:
How I wish I can speak the programmers language
The programmer's language, I love this phrase. smiley

There are many programming languages but an expert programmer speaks only one language. That language is difficult to master and when you've mastered it, syntax becomes a play toy. cool

1 Like

Re: I Love Programming! by Thukzee01(m): 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
Grandlord:

There are many programming languages but an expert programmer speaks only one language. That language is difficult to master and when you've mastered it, syntax becomes a play toy. cool
I'll be learning a programming language next year ,do you mind giving me hindsight on which is better for a starter
Re: I Love Programming! by Abcruz(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Grandlord:

Truer words have never been spoken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love Programming! by Grandlord: 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
Thukzee01:

I'll be learning a programming language next year ,do you mind giving me hindsight on which is better for a starter
I've only been learning for 11 weeks now, myself. I chose Python because it has an easier syntax. So you can start with Python. Cheers.
Re: I Love Programming! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
Grandlord:

Nope syntax is never a toy a programmer who uses the statically typed curly brackets family usually(Java, C, C++, C#) cannot easily learn a programming language like python or Pascal therefore syntax matters. It is even worse when you reverse the case that is a python programmer trying to learn something like C (especially when pointers and addressing chokes you)
Re: I Love Programming! by Grandlord: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ausrichie:

Nope syntax is never a toy a programmer who uses the statically typed curly brackets family usually(Java, C, C++, C#) cannot easily learn a programming language like python or Pascal therefore syntax matters. It is even worse when you reverse the case that is a python programmer trying to learn something like C (especially when pointers and addressing chokes you)
Bro syntax is just a tool. Even 5-year-olds are being taught syntax.

The main programming lies in generating algorithms, which is a HARD task because it is all about thinking.

Expert software developers and engineers are algorithmists not coders. Coders would only wait for the algorithmists to give them pseudocodes so they can code, debug or test in any language of their choice.
Re: I Love Programming! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
Grandlord:
Bro syntax is just a tool. Even 5-year-olds are being taught syntax.

The main programming lies in generating algorithms, which is a HARD task because it is all about thinking.

Expert software developers and engineers are algorithmists not coders. Coders would only wait for the algorithmists to give them pseudocodes so they can code, debug or test in any language of their choice.
Algorithmists seriously I've heard enough. But please check BCPL, ALGOL, Scheme, Objective-C, you will understand why language designers always try to make their language syntax simple. A lot of languages are obsolete now because their syntax is ugly

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Phone Programmer / Which Is The Best And Budget-friendly Laptop For Coding? / Programming Or Networking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.