Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Ever Wonder If Snakes Grow Attached To Their Owners? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ever Wonder If Snakes Grow Attached To Their Owners? (436 Views)

Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached / The Efficacy Of The (neolife Super Gro) The Great Magic Wonder Drop Product For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wonder If Snakes Grow Attached To Their Owners? by Awaoyelmoni(m): 4:35am On Dec 11, 2019
Definitely not. Snakes are cold blooded creatures, and although it might seem that they like to snuggle with you, they’re actually just enjoying the warmth they get from your body. Most snakes don’t even care for their own eggs or babies after they’ve hatched or been born.

Boas, rattlesnakes and garter snakes bear live young, and at birth, are covered in a thin membrane sac, sort of like puppies. But unlike pups, where the mother licks off the membrane so her pup can breathe, baby snakes have an egg tooth which they use to tear open the sac themselves and wiggle free. After that, they’re on their own.

The only known exceptions are the King cobra and the African rock python. The mothers encircle their eggs to keep them warm and defend against predators until they hatch. But afterward these, too, are left to their own devices.

Snakes don’t see in the same way we do, so it’s doubtful they actually “see” and recognize their owners, but after they become accustomed to their environments (and their owners), they feel safe and will tolerate you extremely well (according to the snake’s personal disposition—yes they have individual personalities). If you take them outside and place them on the ground, however, they won’t “stay” with you or come back after they crawl off—unless you’re the only warm object they can find.
cc' Chester hunt
Animal Rescue, Welfare & Animal Rights Advocate (1970-present)

2 Likes

Re: Ever Wonder If Snakes Grow Attached To Their Owners? by BBBmall25: 5:35am On Dec 11, 2019
Wonderful! My Most Hated Creature
Re: Ever Wonder If Snakes Grow Attached To Their Owners? by ekene101: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2019
Good vibes,but a snake will always be a snake no matter the number of times it sheds its skin.. Never befriend a snake..

(1) (Reply)

Get Licence To Import Fish / URGENT ! How Can I Start An Ostrich Farming ? / Save Yourself The Stress- Let Me Be Your Errand Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.