Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Christmas Is Not For Writers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Christmas Is Not For Writers (307 Views)

For New Members Of Our Whatsapp Group For Writers +2347033443215 / Whatsapp Group For Writers, Teachers & Students Of English Studies / 40+ Military Code Words For Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Is Not For Writers by damianchiemezie(m): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
Christmas is not for writers
------------------------------------

The headline got you wondering. Right?

Anyway, that is the simple truth for addicted writers, not all writers.

All right. Let me take you on a walk.

Did you know that one habit addicted writers exhibit? If you don’t know, let me tell you: they are always writing even at the expense of their health. They sacrifice everything just to maintain consistency in their craft. However, this is dangerous because these writers almost always have loose ends in their relationships—which, I think, is fundamental to prosperous living.

Most people argue that all addictions jeopardize a fruitful life. In their claim, anything done to an unhealthy extreme is bad and should be minimized. That is a good judgment one will say.

Anyway, I am not here to argue about addictions. I have come to remind you of one thing: Rest.

If you are a creative person, not just writers, sometimes you need to rest. If you could imagine the amount of creative energies you release every day writing or thinking, you will be startled or rather dumbfounded. You will wonder why you haven’t died under the strain.

Honestly, the task is demanding and we have some catching-ups and deadlines to meet but, hey, you need some rest. Don’t die before Christmas because of deadlines (Smiles)

And if you are that writer that gets lost in your computer screen, typing and re-typing even on Christmas day, please, this year, give yourself some rest. Okay? Meet people, eat, drink and merry for life has no spare.
Damian Chiemezie
Writer/Transformational Speaker.
I sense you have a question to ask about making money with writing or about your career, feel free to reach out for me personally @Whatsup 08136816411
P.S Our services are available at a very affordable price
Writing Masterclass (Learn how to write—unleash the writer in YOU) and get HOW TO writing books-- for free
How to make money writing
Where and how to market your books to make cool cash
Publishing.
Contact the company@Sagespub@hotmail.com or Whatsup 08136816411

Happy Christmas in Advance.

Re: Christmas Is Not For Writers by Creeza(m): 1:09am On Dec 12, 2019
I'll contact you soon...

(1) (Reply)

New And Interesting Novel-french Kiss / Ficool Offers 300,000 Free Books To Africans During COVID-19 Lockdown / Cinderella (a Pidgin Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.