Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,525 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement (19342 Views)

Olaoye: Court Sacks Soun Of Ogbomoso, Orders Fresh Selection process / Emir Sanusi Sacks Alhaji Auwalu, Palace Chief For Welcoming Ganduje / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by ProsperChild: 2:50am On Dec 12, 2019
Court sacks Ooni’s second-in-command, orders replacement

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi
Bola Bamigbola, Osogbo

An Osun State High Court on Wednesday sacked the Obalufe of Ife, Chief Idowu Adediwura, and directed the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, to, within 21 days, filled the stool with a candidate from the Aga Ruling House.

Obalufe is the traditional prime minister of Ife and he is next to Ooni in rank.

Justice Foluke Awolalu of the Osun State High Court sitting in Osogbo, in her judgment on the suit instituted by Abayomi Elugbuji on behalf of self and the Aga Ruling House, held that the installation of Adediwura was not in accordance with the provisions of Ife Chieftaincy Declaration of 1957.

The court had earlier dismissed the preliminary objection filed by Adediwura seeking that the matter be dismissed because there were similar cases already instituted on the same matter.

On the merit of the case, the court held that going by the Ife Chieftaincy Declaration of 1957, it was the turn of Aga Ruling House to produce Obalufe and not Ajagbusiekun, where Adediwura that was eventually installed hails from.

The court also restrained Adediwura from parading self as Obalufe.

Commenting on the matter, counsel for the plaintiff, Mr Babafemi Akande, described the judgment as “sound and clear,” adding that a Chieftaincy Declaration once registered had become the law.

“The law is very clear, nobody is above the law and no one is below it. So the judge gave the judgment in accordance with the dictates of the law,” Akande said.

Efforts to get Adediwura’s reaction to the judgment proved futile, as calls to his phone number rang out, while text message sent to him was not replied as of the time of filing this report.
https://punchng.com/court-sacks-oonis-second-in-command-orders-replacement/

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by chinavs9ja(m): 6:28am On Dec 12, 2019
I don't even know the job of these Obas sef undecided Unlike the 70s and 80s where they are very active, protect the integrity of their people. But now, Reverse is the case they are all after money. I am confused as they all kept mute regarding what is happening in Nigeria currently angry

Check my signature biko

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Oshokomole36(m): 6:28am On Dec 12, 2019
J
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by emeijeh(m): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2019
See why British and Benin style monarchy is good?

Inheritance, simple.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by nony43(m): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2019
Na una matter, e no concern me

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by olayemioshiyemi: 6:30am On Dec 12, 2019
Oba awon Oba ( king of kings) remain the only king that can't be sack by any competent court in the whole wild world . Truly you are a majesty.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by ednut1(m): 6:30am On Dec 12, 2019
I keep saying it. If courts and governors can sack monarchs . They there is no need for them

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by ReubenE(m): 6:31am On Dec 12, 2019
We can't just do things well in this country.
From presidential elections even to the level of picking a class captain.

We may never rise again. The rot is just too much

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Hallabee1(m): 6:31am On Dec 12, 2019
waiting for the outcome of this
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Mutecgold92(m): 6:32am On Dec 12, 2019
sad
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by jeffizy(m): 6:32am On Dec 12, 2019
People and chieftaincy tussles. I begin to wonder if anything tangible is derived apart from the clout.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by bitterpill: 6:33am On Dec 12, 2019
Congrats to the new person.

But the old one has the right to appeal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Khadrenaline(m): 6:34am On Dec 12, 2019
Na wa o sad
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by KIDfurniture(m): 6:34am On Dec 12, 2019
Hire & fire ..buying and selling ....lol
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Blakhappy(f): 6:34am On Dec 12, 2019
nony43:
Na una matter, e no concern me
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by KIDfurniture(m): 6:35am On Dec 12, 2019
Even oni of Ife can be fired anytime .. na politician put am there. Whatever a politician does in this country na magic filled with lies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 12, 2019
Good 4 him, d idiot has been steping over his boundary. He wanted to over throw me

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Hallabee1(m): 6:35am On Dec 12, 2019
ednut1:
I keep saying it. If courts and governors can sack monarchs . They there is no need for them

not all, like the post of the Ooni, Alaafin and some top Kings like that are gods chosen one while the some in which staff of office is given to them by the governor can also be removed by the same gov. This post of Obalufe is not an elected post so their must have been a by pass to it

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Vikynas: 6:36am On Dec 12, 2019
These people have no role in building the Nation they should all be sacked without replacement
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by OgboAto: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2019
X
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Dobson43: 6:39am On Dec 12, 2019
smiley
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Hallabee1(m): 6:39am On Dec 12, 2019
KIDfurniture:
Even oni of Ife can be fired anytime .. na politician put am there. Whatever a politician does in this country na magic filled with lies

Ooni can't be fired, it's not a political appointed post rather by the gods ...

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by skkslar: 6:40am On Dec 12, 2019
A nation has been thrown into darkness

Bring yourself to light with solar power

See details in signature

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Formularcr7: 6:40am On Dec 12, 2019
Oba wan go transfer.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Oblongata: 6:41am On Dec 12, 2019
chinavs9ja:
I don't even know the job of these Obas sef undecided Unlike the 70s and 80s where they are very active, protect the integrity of their people. But now, Reverse is the case they are all after money. I am confused as they all kept mute regarding what is happening in Nigeria currently angry

Check my signature biko
Na dem vote?
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by vibbb: 6:42am On Dec 12, 2019
If DSS can disobey court order, Adediwura can also do same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by KIDfurniture(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2019
Lol my brother u will not kill me. gods that drink expe sive champagne and need sexy OAU babes to cool down pressure. My brother I know the story well. Everything is buying and selling in Nigeria. Highest bidder always win. gods left nigeria in 1960

Hallabee1:

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by baby124: 6:49am On Dec 12, 2019
emeijeh:
See why British and Benin style monarchy is good?

Inheritance, simple.
Respect other people’s culture. No one cares what others do. Yoruba kingship is not by inheritance. Even descendants of female children of the original king ascend the throne and kingship is rotated. It assures that there would always be an heir.

Yoruba already solved issues of ascension quite cleverly which the UK still struggles with stupidly. For the UK, when there is no heir, it goes to the next heir who may have never even been prepared to ascend the throne and is probably guaranteed to be a disaster. Or the throne goes to another family entirely as long as there is a vacumn and, the family can prove a claim to the throne. With Yoruba’s it always stays with the original family.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Neddyogu(m): 6:51am On Dec 12, 2019
Hallabee1:

What gods?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Male Lion Was Sterilized And His Lion Wives Killed Him / Omugwo: An Igbo Aspect Of Life. / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.