Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,531 members, 7,837,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Endure To Overcome. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Endure To Overcome. (301 Views)

Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church / How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Endure To Overcome. by MistadeRegal(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2019
TOPIC: ENDURE TO OVERCOME.

TEXT: Matthew 24:13

Our LORD JESUS CHRIST knows He came to save us all and He did perfected the work of Salvation, gave us the grace to walk with Him till He returns, kept us in Himself as He has already given us the power to become the children of GOD when we believe on His name.(John 1:12-13) But He knew that perilous times shall come and so He made mention of certain statements here that:

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."
Matthew:24:13

What are we to endure?
Well, reading from the Bible itself, you will find the answers of what we may go through but must endure till the very end.

ENDURE AFFLICTION AND ITS LIKES.
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Matthew:24:9-10,12

ENDURE BEING HATED BUT FOR HIS NAME'S SAKE
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Matthew 10:22

ENDURE PERSECUTION.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Matthew:5:10-12
But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
Matthew 10:23

ENDURE BEING HUMBLE.
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew:18:3-4

ENDURE INSULTS AND ASPERSIONS.
The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?
John:7:20
Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
John:8:48
Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
John:8:52
And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
John:10:20
The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
Matthew:10:24-25

ENDURE EXTREMISM FROM THE WORLD.
These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
John:16:1-4

ENDURE SUFFERING.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
1 Peter:4:16,19

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Romans:8:17

ENDURE TEMPTATION.
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians:10:13

ENDURE TRIBULATION .
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Revelation:2:10

These are some of the reasons why our LORD JESUS CHRIST already said:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Matthew:7:13-14

The road to Eternal Life is not filled with roses.
There are lions on the way.
There are vipers on the way.
There are dragons on the way.
There are serpents lying on the way.
There are vultures waiting on the way.
There are tempests and storms on the way.

All what are on the way are to scare and distract you.
Your endurance capability is useful or else you'd be offended.
Many have turned back and away because they could not endure.
Be strong and of good courage.

ONLY THE OVERCOMERS ARE RECOGNIZED.
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation:2:7

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Revelation:2:11

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Revelation:2:17

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Revelation:2:26

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Revelation:3:5

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Revelation:3:12

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelation:3:21

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Revelation:3:22

This is why our LORD JESUS CHRIST never told us the world will love us. Because if the world loved us, how then shall we be separated from the world? Remember these sayings of His:

These things I command you, that ye love one another. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
John:15:17-19

Remember also, thus the early churches who were before you also suffered persecutions.

Therefore, never expect the world to love you.

May our LORD JESUS CHRIST, in whom we have the eternal hope of salvation make us be an overcomer and not a complainant nor ignorant.

Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Sir Uti Blasts Pastor Adeboye For Telling His Son To Sack His Secretary / For Those Who Believe Pastors Have Healing Powers Learn / No Coronavirus In Nigeria - Pastor Kingsley Innocent Tells Members (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.