Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation (87821 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Names His Newborn Prince Adesoji Aderemi (Photos) / We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife / Adebutu Kessington In ₦300m Rolls-Royce Phantom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by favour32(m): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ashley86400:

Did you read the post at all?
He gave the land in which OOU is built on.
And that was just a few things he did.
What more do you want?
Y u reply am...dat person so nor dey see any good for him life.
Every curse wey him dey curse people dey go dey always go back to am.

1 Like

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by lereinter(m): 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
Those times obas were governor
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Surulereman(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
An antique Rolls Royce. A piece of history. But they've done great injustice to the memory of the late Ooni and prestige of the car by not refurnishing it, at least with a fresh coat of paint. Looks rusty but it's worth millions of US dollars as an antique.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by drfelixilin(m): 12:56am On Dec 13, 2019
Grade1 Used Intel corei5 Brand name : HP Model : Probook 650 G1 HDD : 500gb Ram : 4gb Processor Speed; 2.6ghz Screen size : 15.6inch Memory card slots : MMC. MS. MS pro. SD 5 USB Port DVD RW CD ROM Bluetooth yes HD Webcam yes Wireless network WiFi : yes Battery backup : 4hrs Microsoft package : windows 10 installed Body look : as clean as new Condition : working perfectly, great battery almost 4hrs Price is 55k original charger
WhatsApp/call 08137803031
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by fortune1968: 1:11am On Dec 13, 2019
Dcaliphate:
it's nothing but a dead car....

a dead car of one of the dead leaders....

a dead leader of a dead nation that is as of this moment, in utter darkness, literally.

stone me if you will.
Negative thoughts have taken over you .Too bad.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Dcaliphate(m): 2:21am On Dec 13, 2019
fortune1968:
Negative thoughts have taken over you .Too bad.
Sadly one can't be real again with situations in Nigeria without sounding 'Negative'.
You that is positive thoughts personified, please give us light...
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Moyosore232(m): 5:06am On Dec 13, 2019
iPhone 7 colour black 128gd very neat for sell you can slide into my DM for price @+2318109751465
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by sweetgala(m): 5:39am On Dec 13, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Imagine... some mutha fvcking fool dey ride Rolls Royce without doing jack while the populace suffers. Of course, some fools would come on here to defend him.

>85% of Nigerians are mentally deranged, I swear! angry

You are a dingbat. That man you call a tool did more for the yoruba people and Nigeria at large. From conference and negotiations that secured independence to bringing Ile Ife from the obscurity to what it is today.

If you go travel from the gates of OAU to iremo to lagere and further on ask well what Ile Ife was before Atobatele he established drinking water, telephone extended electricity to areas that had none, Oduduwa college , University of Ife , to he vastness of the palace as it is today was constructed by himself including the main hall now used for functions by Ojaja Ii.

Great sons of Ife and beyond owe their success in life to him. You should ask Chief Alex Duduyemi and even the Departed Ooni Sijuwade of the man's exploits. Countless people benefited from his benevolence scholarships abound.

He is my family's patriarch

Most of us have not seen the the car in decades as few live in Ife. it was kept in a garage for 2 decades and then donated to OAU many years ago. We have been contemplating refurbishing it for years. This might spur us on now , it was coach built and not many with the exact specifications exist I've been told he bought it because he saw one of royals use one while visiting England
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by sweetgala(m): 5:46am On Dec 13, 2019
lereinter:

Those times obas were governor

Was the only one that ever existed, doubt that'll ever repeat itself. An oba and federal minister and later governor.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by sweetgala(m): 5:50am On Dec 13, 2019
YorubaPrince:

Na him papa get the land? Where did he get the Rolls Royce from? Na him money ba? Majority of you folks have resigned to being 2nd class citizens.

Again... >85% of Nigerians have mental issues! angry

Actually yes, the Osundeyi Gbadebo and Oshinkola family of ile Ife of which are belong are were largely engaged in Palm and cocoa farming and transportation then and extremely wealthy. The first multi storey building in Ile Ife was built by him before he ever came near the throne of Ooni. He was revered for being extremely wealthy
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by sweetgala(m): 5:58am On Dec 13, 2019
fairfora:
I've advised you google this monarch. You'd find out where he schooled and worked before becoming governor and the eventual king. I dont support nepotism and that's why I always come under attack of my people here. Pls check my archives on NL. There are some money that would come to governors and kings naturally without stealing. Those allowances permitted under the law, gifts from contractors without inflating contracts, gifts from politicians , royalties paid to them by expatriates who operate their businesses in their states or kingdom, etc. The security votes are always in excess and nobody asks them how they used them. After all these largesse, they still steal and that's bad. Having said that, aderemi in his time could have even got richer after becoming governor and king with those gifts, without stealing. In Lagos for instance, every corporate body on the island pays royalties to oba of lagos. That alone is enough to enrich him.

My grandfather happened to be engaged in cocoa farming. Palm oil farming, timber farming mining of boxite and tin and logistics before he became a king in 1930. He was called Atobatele and treated like a king which brought on the anger of the then Ooni Ademiluyi. He road in Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles then. He had more than one Rolls Royce this just happened to be his favourite.
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by sweetgala(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2019
Florblu:
Only God knows the amount Osun state allocates to service the Toy

Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by ironben(m): 6:25am On Dec 13, 2019
Cutealexio:
A barricade was installed to keep the "over-zealous humans" away. This vehicle has been in their custody for years, yet it still looks good.
I believe the body work isn't done in other to keep the classic look. So what's your point exactly? Are they doing a bad job?

Yes, they are doing a bad job sir. Take a look at the vintage cars you uploaded. Those vintage cars has be repainted restored back to pristine conditions.
And this begs the question: How does restoring a vintage car cause it to loose its classic look bro??
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 13, 2019
sweetgala:

My grandfather happened to be engaged in cocoa farming. Palm oil farming, timber farming mining of boxite and tin and logistics before he became a king in 1930. He was called Atobatele and treated like a king which brought on the anger of the then Ooni Ademiluyi. He road in Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles then. He had more than one Rolls Royce this just happened to be his favourite.
Don't mind the guy jare. I've read a book entitled "Oba Adesoji Aderemi, the Ooni of Ife. I don't need anyone to tell me about him. Omo yoruba atata nimi tokan tokan. I love reading about my culture and people because I don't know where God is taking me. Even though i was still less than 6 years old when he died, i grew up to hear and know much about the great monarch. Ooni sijuade would have been like him but his reign was marred with controversies. The Ibadan-ife road dualisation contract awarded to his company by IBB his friend was grossly substandard. If you ply that road often, you'd see what people experience on that road. It began to pull off barely 3 years after completion whereas, the old single lane constructed during oba adesoji's reign is still very strong till today. I'm glad I'm witnessing the 3rd Ooni's reign in my generation. I trust you too are comfortable wherever you are bro, because baba adesoji was a great man. Good morning
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by olabodejinad: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2019
This is a disgrace, the car is obviously not properly maintained, they should do a restoration on the car ASAP, I am sure if they send the car back to rolls.royce factory, they'll restore it, maybe for free sef
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by olabodejinad: 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
Cutealexio:
A barricade was installed to keep the "over-zealous humans" away. This vehicle has been in their custody for years, yet it still looks good.
I believe the body work isn't done in other to keep the classic look. So what's your point exactly? Are they doing a bad job?

Yes boss, if they restore the car back to original specs, it would be worth more than 10 times it's original worth
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by Cutealexio(m): 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2019
You have a point....But the car is not on auction so the condition is more important than worth in this case
olabodejinad:

Yes boss, if they restore the car back to original specs, it would be worth more than 10 times it's original worth
Re: Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation by sweetgala(m): 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
fairfora:
Don't mind the guy jare. I've read a book entitled "Oba Adesoji Aderemi, the Ooni of Ife. I don't need anyone to tell me about him. Omo yoruba atata nimi tokan tokan. I love reading about my culture and people because I don't know where God is taking me. Even though i was still less than 6 years old when he died, i grew up to hear and know much about the great monarch. Ooni sijuade would have been like him but his reign was marred with controversies. The Ibadan-ife road dualisation contract awarded to his company by IBB his friend was grossly substandard. If you ply that road often, you'd see what people experience on that road. It began to pull off barely 3 years after completion whereas, the old single lane constructed during oba adesoji's reign is still very strong till today. I'm glad I'm witnessing the 3rd Ooni's reign in my generation. I trust you too are comfortable wherever you are bro, because baba adesoji was a great man. Good morning

God has been good. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Redeemed Camp In His Luxury Rolls Royce. Photos / Can You Remember Those Pry Sch Songs We Love 2sing Back In D Days? / Nigerian Proverbs (in English)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.