Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch (1247 Views)

Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement / Governor Wike Threatens To Beat Up Babangida Aliyu / Governor Wike Threatens To Sanction Contractor Over Delay Of Work(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by Generalgurus(m): 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2019

Governor Nyesom Wike has urged Kalabari leaders to call to order, the Amanyanabo of Kalabari, Amanyanabo of Kalabari, King Theophilus J.T. Princewill, for hosting Governor Seriake Dickson of neighbouring Bayelsa state.

Wike, addressing visiting Kalabaris leaders at Government House, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, yesterday alleged that the monarch deliberately allowed the outgoing Bayelsa Governor to use him to promote divisiveness, as cold war lingers between both states over ownership of oil wells in some boundary communities.

He said: “I want to publicly lay a complaint on the action of Amayanabo of Kalabari. Next time it happens, I will act as a Governor. The Amanyanabo of Abonnema didn’t do it, he phoned me when the Governor of Bayelsa tried to create problems in Rivers.”

He accused his Bayelsa counterpart of visiting Rivers without alerting relevant authorities, saying, “He said he was coming to see Ijaw people in Rivers and would be hosted by the Amayanabo of Kalabari and Amayanabo of Abonnema.

“The Amanyanabo of Abonnema called me and said how can that be? Rivers State Governor did not call me. The Amanyanabo of Kalabari did not call me. What he did was to roll out drums to receive the Bayelsa Governor.

“That day I would have removed him, but I held myself. What they would do is to go to radio and abuse me. But I am use to insults. I am trying to complain to you people. You can see how people are trying to divide a State. A fellow Governor would come from somewhere to create division.”

He further accused Dickson of professing love for Ijaws in Rivers, but allegedly busy working to take the state’s oil resources in bother communities of Soku and Kula.

“This is the man who is claiming Kula oil wells and Soku. I have gone back to court and we will reclaim the Soku Oil Wells for Rivers. This is the same man you claim he loves you and you roll out drums against protocol.

“If any of such things happen again, I will take the necessary action. I will not listen to any further excuse, that is why I am saying this publicly. Tell him to respect constituted authority.

“It is not good for anyone to come and divide Rivers state because the state is one. It is unfortunate what my colleague did. I handed him over to God and prayed for God to do his will”, Wike.aid.

He commended the “Amanyanabo of Abonnema for his peace initiative. I urge other Traditional Rulers to emulate him. Work towards peace amongst your people. You cannot live where there is no peace. It is impossible to have governance without peace. So you need peace in your domain.”

From => https://www.kate9ja.com/cold-war-over-oil-wells-wike-threatens-sanctions-against-rivers-monarch/
___

1 Like

Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by EcoBrick: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
"Tell him to respect constituted authority."

Another one? Wike don takeover from Ajimobi. shocked grin
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by helinues: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Iffa hear
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by Lcf69(m): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ok next.

1 Like

Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by infohenry(m): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
Life inside life, Wike now need the soku oil wells, the same wells that amaechi was fighting for when Jonathan was president and wike was calling him names .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by Deepfeel(m): 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
Imposter ikwerreson these is one of the reasons wike made the statement of ikweres are not second class citizens and ikweres are important in the politics of rivers, nairaland Afonjas tried all they could to turn it to ikwere, Igbo fight,

It won't be well with nairaland Afonja cows

Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by IkwerreSon: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Deepfeel:
Imposter ikwerreson these is one of the reasons wike made the statement of ikweres are not second class citizens and ikweres are important in the politics of rivers, nairaland Afonjas tried all they could to turn it to ikwere, Igbo fight,

It won't be well with nairaland Afonja cows

Mumu everyone who is against you igbos you tag that person imposter.

It’s no news that we Ikwerres are very important in Rivers state politics, so we don’t need Wike to tell us that.

We Ikwerres have the majority population, the capital of the state (Port Harcourt) is in Ikwerre land, 80% of govt and state infrastructures are in Ikwerre land, we have produced the governor of rivers state since 2007 till date back to back. Everyone knows this, it is no news, Wike does not need to tell us that, even a lay man knows that whoever we Ikwerres support will be the governor of rivers state.

So Wike is referring to you igbos, that we are Ikwerres and not igbos and we are not second class citizens like you igbos are popularly known in Nigeria.

He said, if anyone ask you were are you from? Say I am an ikwerre man. Lol

Did you miss that Mumu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by bolanto24(m): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
Seems this governor is against Ijaws in Rivers State. If he fails to endorsed an Ijaw or Riverine man after his tenure then posterity will judge him.
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by Confirmedzombie: 11:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
infohenry:
Life inside life, Wike now need the soku oil wells, the same wells that amaechi was fighting for when Jonathan was president and wike was calling him names .

Thank you for saying, this. Wike supported GEJ and they ceded the soku oil well to Bayelsa.

The same wike talking of reclaiming same oil well he sold out all in the name of power and fighting Amaechi.

For those who are not from Rivers, Wike cannot remove the king. Any attempt to try such, then woke will unseated
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by Bazamfare: 11:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
I thought Ameachi was Igbo, didn't he once say it?
IkwerreSon:

It’s no news that we Ikwerres are very important in Rivers state politics, so we don’t need Wike to tell us that.

We Ikwerres have the majority population, the capital of the state (Port Harcourt) is in Ikwerre land, 80% of govt and state infrastructures are in Ikwerre land, we have produced the governor of rivers state since 2007 till date back to back. Everyone knows this, it is no news, Wike does not need to tell us that, even a lay man knows that whoever we Ikwerres support will be the governor of rivers state.

So Wike is referring to you igbos, that we are Ikwerres and not igbos and we are not second class citizens like you igbos are popularly known in Nigeria.

Did you miss that Mumu
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by OBUKSBAYELSA: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Nyesom Wike is just grandstanding knowing fully well the dirty role he played by spending over 600 million of Rivers State patrimony to destroy his own party (PDP) to forcefully install Alaibe as PDP candidate we are also aware of the meeting's between him and Timpre Sylva during the Governorship Election. He lack the capacity to do harm to the Ijaw Nation.
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:08am On Dec 13, 2019
[s]
IkwerreSon:

Did you miss that Mumu
[/s]
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:17am On Dec 13, 2019
bolanto24:
Seems this governor is against Ijaws in Rivers State. If he fails to endorsed an Ijaw or Riverine man after his tenure then posterity will judge him.
Whether he endorse or not, Ijawman will become Governor of Rivers in 2023.

I will leave whoever that enjoys blabbing to blab on which ethnic groups is majority in Rivers but...

Senate
Ijaws have 2 Senate (Rivers West and Rivers East)

Ogoni 1 (Rivers southeast)

Ikwerre 0

Reps:
Ijaw 5
Ikwerre 4

LGAs
Ijaw LGAs
Andoni
Opobo/Nkoro
Akuku toru
Asari Toru
okrika
Ogu Bolo
Abua Odua
Bonny
Degema
Adoada West
Portharcourt South (½ of PH)

Ikwerre LGAs
Ikwerre
Obio/Akpor
Ikwerre
Emohua
½ Phalga

2023 go end this noise! It is unfortunate that we are at this point anyway!
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:23am On Dec 13, 2019
Meanwhile, the narrative and threat on Amayanabo of Kalabari is very funny... I hope Governor Wike realises and turn a new leaf!
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by technicallyrich(m): 12:36am On Dec 13, 2019
IkwerreSon:

Did you miss that Mumu
shuttupp backyard igbo man.ijaws are the leaders of your day dream niger delta that you want your igbo brothers out.
If you people try shitt we will sieze your land like we did before.
Now the backyard igbos callin theirselves ikweres dont own half of rivers state.
Ijaws in rivers state are
okrika
opobo
abual
odua
kalabiri
andoni
bonny
so how then do you own half of rivers state.
Mind you na ijaws dey give una mind and head all the frats in the state.from deygbam to deywell,iceland,green land,vikings etc.
And deny all you can,but everybody know say omogu,etche,ikwere are all igbos.
That is wht i call una backyard igbos.
Finally if the oil well belong to ijaws in bayelsa they should be given to them.
Modified
ph which is phalga belongs to ikwere(igbos) and okirika(ijaws)
do your research well.
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by Deepfeel(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2019
IkwerreSon:

Did you miss that Mumu

Imposter I know you will claim ikweres are the majority in rivers , ikweres are not the majority in rivers ikweres has the population of just a million, the reason ikweres always produce governors is because the , south east Igbo's and all the igbiod tribes like the ekpeye, agbo people in rivers always support an ikwere man instead of supporting an ogoni man or kalabari who are equally big in population, the majority tribes in rivers state are ogoni kalabari and ikwere , none of these tribes can produce governors on their own without the votes of the other minority tribes ,

Mr imposter no matter how you try to argue this it won't work, ikwere is an igbiod tribe, they speak Igbo they answer Igbo names and practice Igbo culture, just because ikweres were cowards during the Biafra war and denied their Igbo ethnicity doesn't make them an ethnic group, we will state seen ikweres as an ethnic group of its own by the time, they drop the Igbo language and tradition, and give us a clear history of ikwere been an ethnic group then we will agree with them

1 Like

Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by IkwerreSon: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2019
Deepfeel:

Imposter I know you will claim ikweres are the majority in rivers , ikweres are not the majority in rivers ikweres has the population of just a million, the reason ikweres always produce governors is because the , south east Igbo's and all the igbiod tribes like the ekpeye, agbo people in rivers always support an ikwere man instead of supporting an ogoni man or kalabari who are equally big in population, the majority tribes in rivers state are ogoni kalabari and ikwere , none of these tribes can produce governors on their own without the votes of the other minority tribes ,

Mr imposter no matter how you try to argue this it won't work, ikwere is an igbiod tribe, they speak Igbo they answer Igbo names and practice Igbo culture, just because ikweres were cowards during the Biafra war and denied their Igbo ethnicity doesn't make them an ethnic group, we will state seen ikweres as an ethnic group of its own by the time, they drop the Igbo language and tradition, and give us a clear history of ikwere been an ethnic group then we will agree with them

For you to say Ikwerres are not the majority in Rivers state says how dumb you are.

Too many kids on Nairaland. I don’t argue with foolish kids.
Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by g0tze: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2019
Deepfeel:

Re: Cold War Over Oil Wells: Wike Threatens Sanctions Against Rivers’ Monarch by Deepfeel(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2019
IkwerreSon:

For you to say Ikwerres are not the majority in Rivers state says how dumb you are.

Too many kids on Nairaland. I don’t argue with foolish kids.
For you to say ikweres are majority , ogonis kalabari are minority shows how dull and fake imposter you are, you don't even know the population of ikwere people

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Graduates Unemployable Status Worrisome – Buhari / What If You Wake Up And El Rufai Is President? / Nnamdi Kanu Broadcast A Clone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.