Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

How My Step Brother Willed All Our Father’s Property To Himself - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How My Step Brother Willed All Our Father’s Property To Himself (819 Views)

I Urgently Need The Help Of Nigerians Over My Father's Property / How Do I Recover My Late Father's Property? / Selling Property To Nigerians In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Step Brother Willed All Our Father’s Property To Himself by tonyudo57: 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2019
My name is labake,my dad died this year may
it all happened suddenly I just left nysc orientation camp that month still struggling with my registrations and trying to settle down into the town I was posted to
when my uncle called to tell me the sad news
I went back home,I met all the family members mourning
the tears in my eyes couldn’t even roll down cause it was so painful and sudden
he was buried immediately according to the Islam religion
after some weeks a meeting was summoned at our family house saying there Was a will my dad wrote down and needs to be read
me and my sister went, my step brother was already there with the family members
the lawyer began by addressing everyone and listing the name of the childrens
my name was omitted and same thing happened during the 8days prayer for our dad, only my name was omitted in the eulogies shared
my mom insisted I say nothing and just observe what was going to happen
the lawyer went on and read the will
and it was in favour of my step brother saying he should be in care of everything and use his discretion in sharing if he wishes to
we were not surprised because he knew the lawyer before us
he was even the one who brought the lawyer in but what we don’t know was when our dad wrote a will like that and why
after some weeks the lawyer came over to the house serving all the tenants letter that they should not pay house to us anymore
that they should all be paying to his account now that the first son is the only one that has rights to take rents from them
and did same to all other properties too
my mom was like what rubbish was that
it not even up to a year he is already doing this
we called some family members they could not say anything
we feel they have been bribed because my step brother is rich he travels frm USA to Nigeria so probably gives them some dollars
Meanwhile me and my sister re still growing up we haven’t offer them anything yet
now we hearing that he’s planning a big party next year for our dads final burial even booked an expensive hall in Lagos
and we haven’t been told yet,
he didn’t tell us to anything about his plans even the family members couldn’t call us
Now I’m confused whether to call him and ask what he’s planning or act like I still don’t know what is going on
please I need some advices
Re: How My Step Brother Willed All Our Father’s Property To Himself by Asquare84(m): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
A will can be contested in court if it not based on equity and justice
Re: How My Step Brother Willed All Our Father’s Property To Himself by Rednaxelot: 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
Your step brother or half brother?

Cos I don’t understand how your step brother will be entitled to your father’s property
Re: How My Step Brother Willed All Our Father’s Property To Himself by olexjay(m): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
If I'm to say then permit me to say boldly that your step brother or half-brother isn't rich he's just among those audio rich men out there, sometimes coming back from USA doesn't mean he's really financially okay, I've seen lots of people who would leave their fathers properties to their younger ones even if the will is in his/her favor and move on telling them to handle it well and just tell them not to sell one of their father's house just to leave it for future purpose to remain in their father's name.

To the advice you seek.

I will urge you to calm your mom and be strong to take care of your mom and your siblings, see is as if your father left nothing behind and hustle to be the person you wanna be in life, don't fight over properties cuz people can do undo when it's property issue
Re: How My Step Brother Willed All Our Father’s Property To Himself by Emescot(m): 12:17am On Dec 13, 2019
if I were you I would be more interested as to why my name was not written in the list of ur father's children. Ask your mum tho

(1) (Reply)

Get Plot(s) Of Land In Ajiboro Or Moniya Ibadan On 5k+ Monthly Installments... / Art Work In Class / Land For Sale In Royal Haven Estate Abijo GRA Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.