Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience (1489 Views)

A Tour To Jos Zoo And Museum, 2023 Experience / Avoid Saminaka Road If You Are Travelling From Kano To Jos (Security Alert) / RUSSIA 2018-how To Get There.first Hand Experience Of A Brazil 2014 Attendee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lethargy and redundancy hit the peak of my very stagnated life in lagos and i wanted out so i decided to travel and change environment and my chosen destination was the bicycle city of Jos, i learnt a lot from this forum so i have decided to share a first hand experience to help someone else who will like to travel too. my expenses was 28k. i can't go into details of the journey. but this for anyhow who wants to truly live even here in Nigeria i will advise you start like i am doing now save 200 naira daily and after 3 months you have 18/20k to travel anywhere you want. it is worth it.
so lets start

Go to ijora, i was told so after spending an hour being hassled by lying drivers at ebutemetta and iddo. so you dont make my mistake go to ijora/7up
i got to ijora and i entered Gombanwa riders i paid 7.5k
don't eat or drink too much follow the conductor cue, get a bottle water when they drink you drink, i wanted to get to jos very early since it is my first time it was a little stressful but i enjoy stuff like that enter Welfare luxurious bus if you can't take the stress or speed for 8.5k
you might stop 3 times i got to jos around 7am
i had gone to traveljumia to check for the cheapest hotel so that i can manage money, (kudos to themthat website is a wonderful website)
i saw S.k. Hotel at heipang for 500 per night, i went there and was told it was 1k
because of the trashy nature of it, i moved to the next option which was Suzz Palace Hotel at Gyero Junction Bukuru Express,
so if you going for the first time tell the driver to stop you at the Gyero Junction, the hotel is very trekkable there, its 1k per night, Phillip and victor are nice, and helpful i was there for a week
water and light is manageable no fan, but you will not need it. I am nihilistic stoic so little things don't bother me and so should you too.

Opposite the hotel infront of the Gyero road is amala joint a fair woman sells a reasonable amount for 250

beside the hotel is a pharmacy where you can stuck up on vitamin C, down the road is R.C.M. Lyoh Gyel who are in need of a toilet for their school, further is a shack of zinc where you can drink burukutu i bought 50naira worth and it was too much,
sugarcane and fries are rife beside where they show ball a woman sells potato and meat incase you want to eat something at night.
Suzz palace hotel is ideal since it is not far from town though the transport in the whole of Jos is 300 (150 will take you anywhere, 150 will take you back)
at the top of Gero road is First bank and Eco bank for easy withdrawal of money, from there rayfield zaramangah is 100 keke maruwa from rayfield other places are not so hard to locate, miango, terminus, dadan kowa et.c

Jos is very friendly a lot of yoruba and igbo people, i felt at home immediately, everybody speaks fluent english since there a lot of schools,
i ate ridi, awara (yuck) atili, massa (ew) and lot of meat and sugarcane things are very cheap

the hotel is nice but since it is a hotel some noise might filter in, that's none your buisness unless you want some of the action

the town is peaceful and there is always light, i went to tanchol, rak, inside lyoh where they greet people shio it was a very nice experience
i will say this once you visit Jos you have visited South Africa they have so many similarities the plump face of the people, the singsong way they speak, their friendly nature and sadly the segregation,

JOS IS NOT PLATEAU STATE
on a whim i decided to extend my goodwill and head for pankshin , why i don't know, following jumia travel i lodged in a hotel called green white green hotel where a young man named david ushered me into a room where a solar panel powered the bulb, as i was resting a man banged on my door and threatened my life, i was quite scared, i just took my bag and entered a sienna back to jos, i dont know if you experience will be different i wanted to do a local government tour but i decided against it,
but for a local government with a government hospital, nta, college of medical technology, two banks and big schools, there is something dead about pankshin i walked around and it felt wierd.

Anyway i went back to Suzz palace where every morning you will hear saxophone coming from the mountain it is felix a youth corp member praising God in his own way lovely lovely stuff.
i miss it already. by the way to come back to lagos, go to gero road enter a bus tell them you are going to terminus it is 70 naira from terminus enter keke going to apata 50 naira it will stop you at their park i enter welfare transport coming back home i left jos at 2:30PM got to lagos (berger)at 12pm all in all i spent 28k

my advice for you : just go i don't think you will find it hard that it is you are on a budget like me

up next Benue/Bauchi ( i haven't decided yet, but i am saving)
Hope this was helpful (thanks Nairaland)

3 Likes

Re: TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience by sholatech(m): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Great Touriat spirit!
Re: TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience by Charleys: 6:34am On Dec 13, 2019
This story isn't complete. Why did they bang on your door

1 Like

Re: TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
i don't know i don't understand hausa, he motioned binding me with his hands and tying me up, i was scared, it is a pretty quiet place and knowing the babaric nature of man thru the Aluu 4 incident, i decided not to take chances, i just felt like he didn't want me there and the fact that david wasn't giving me any reassurance of my safety, i had to leave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience by kriss27(m): 9:50am On Jun 04, 2021
i don't know i don't understand hausa, he motioned binding me with his hands and tying me up, i was scared, it is a pretty quiet place and knowing the babaric nature of man thru the Aluu 4 incident, i decided not to take chances, i just felt like he didn't want me there and the fact that david wasn't giving me any reassurance of my safety, i had to leave
I like your spirit! Will like to meet you in person
Re: TRAVEL TO JOS; First Hand Experience by Kingjay007: 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
I find your experience rather interesting. You should have visited bauchi from Jos, its only an hour away.

I have some questions though.. when you got there did you have any tour guide?
How did you even know where to go and all that.
Overall I think you're quite adventurous. Thumbs up!

(1) (Reply)

Should I Invest My 6 Million Naira Or Use It To Japa (travel Abroad) / Check Out The Beauty Of Democracy In Brazil(photos, Video) / The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan (A Beautiful Yet Ugly Sight)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.